Zac taylor

melscott62

have there been any articles/interviews with him this week? Zac was one of the few bright spots in a dark era of NU football. I hated the WCO(luke warm on what we run now) so I hated that we threw all of the time. but i loved the way taylor played. the guy was just a winner... and was super tough. I cant tell you how many times he would get drilled and I thought he would not be able to continue but then he would just pop right back up and keep playing.

Zac and Pork Chop were two of the brightest spots of the otherwise dark Callahan Era. No matter how bad it got, I respected the heck out of Taylor. He got creamed back there so many times behind that porous line, and he just kept getting back up, kept fighting.

Would have loved to have four years of that guy. Would love to have his heart in the bodies of about half our players right now.

Edited - spelling changed.

Zac Taylor, FTW! :thumbs

One of my favorite players in such a weird/odd/dark transition form of Nebraska football. Without him running the show, who knows what happened in 05 and 06. Our 06 team should have been much better than what they ended up being, that defense would have been SICK and I mean straight up SICK with Pelini coaching them and our offense would have been able to put up enough points to make things interesting to contend for championships. Yeah we lost to OU in the Big XII title game that year, but again, blame coaching. Just look at the bowl game against Auburn. :facepalm:

I loved watching him sling it around. Not the biggest guy, not the most highly recruited, but tough as nails competitor and definitely gave it his all each time out, regardless of the political correctness of the Callahan era. He is welcomed back anytime in Nebraska land as far as I'm concerned, a great, and very under appreciated and underrated Husker.

I listened to a Mike Sherman press conference yesterday. Sherman's daughter and Zac apparently are expecting a child, commented he is a great coach/husband and will be a great dad. Also mentioned and joked about the ties between his staff and the Huskers.

One of my favorite players in such a weird/odd/dark transition form of Nebraska football. Without him running the show, who knows what happened in 05 and 06. Our 06 team should have been much better than what they ended up being, that defense would have been SICK and I mean straight up SICK with Pelini coaching them and our offense would have been able to put up enough points to make things interesting to contend for championships. Yeah we lost to OU in the Big XII title game that year, but again, blame coaching. Just look at the bowl game against Auburn. :facepalm:

I loved watching him sling it around. Not the biggest guy, not the most highly recruited, but tough as nails competitor and definitely gave it his all each time out, regardless of the political correctness of the Callahan era. He is welcomed back anytime in Nebraska land as far as I'm concerned, a great, and very under appreciated and underrated Husker.

That Auburn game was special to me, in that I realized that if I never had to watch another game broadcast by Fox Sports, I wouldn't mind one bit. We did laugh endlessly about the "Brandon Jackson has bowling balls in his calves" comment, though.

That Auburn game was special to me, in that I realized that if I never had to watch another game broadcast by Fox Sports, I wouldn't mind one bit. We did laugh endlessly about the "Brandon Jackson has bowling balls in his calves" comment, though.

Funny, I remember that comment now. Although I thought it was about Auburn running back Kenny Irons? Could have been said about Jackson though, but I swear I remember it was said about Irons.

Zac was signed with my local team the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in the CFL not too sure where he is now tho

According to the Aggies website, he's still on the Support Staff

Aggie Athletics

Yep, Zac was a rare ray of light in that dark, dark era. What a competitor, to have done as well as he did, all things considered.

Glad to see he's still in football. Although what the hell does Offensive Quality Control mean?

Zac was a hell of a competitor with a ton of heart; a person we could always count on. I know that I wouldn't have wanted to play behind a line knowing that I would be on my back just as much as I was on my feet. He was just a tough, tough guy who didn't complain about anything. He went out and did his job day in and day out, and he did it really well.

• Fire 1