When we move to the Big Ten next year

husker_99

No, Texas and OU have been superior to every Big 10 team over the past decade. OSU is close but not on the same level. After that you have Iowa, Wisconsin and a bunch of really inconsistent teams. Missouri and Texas Tech (Leech) match up with those two, and the rest are pretty comparable. Okie St has probably been better on average than the next best Big 10 team (Michigan?). The Big 12 is simply better than the Big 10 in recent history.

In the past 5 years (plus two games this year so far), the Big 12 is 16-6 against the Big 10.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking as well. I'm not real worried about the Big 10. I've always seen it as a more blue collar type league that had for the most part good kids with big hearts but just wasn't as athletic as some of the other conferences. I'd be a lot more worried if we were joining the SEC than the Big 10.

Big 10 Conf. Overall

Michigan State 5-1 9-1 Threat Missouri > Michigan State

Wisconsin 5-1 9-1 Threat Okie State > Wisconsin

Ohio State 5-1 9-1 Threat both at best OU > Ohio State

Iowa 4-2 7-3 No Threat at Arizona L 27-34

Penn State 3-3 6-4 No Threat(This year) at Alabama L 3-24

Michigan 3-3 7-3 No Threat

Northwestern 3-3 7-3 No Threat

Illinois 3-4 5-5 No Threat Missouri L 23-13 - Victories over Indiana Purdue and Penn State

Purdue 2-4 4-6 No Threat

Minnesota 1-6 2-9 No Threat

Indiana 0-6 4-6 No Threat

I personally think we are leaving the better football conference, of course everything is relative to these last few years.

A lot of you are wondering how we will adjust to the big 10 conference, but I think the question should be - How is the Big10 going to adjust to the Corn Huskers.

Looking at recruiting classes, which I don't hold a lot of weight in, Ohio State is the only one pushing our caliber of athletes, this does mean SOMETHING, but not everything.

I will take speed over size any day of the week ex: Old Miami speed vs Nebraska Size

I am not too worried about a 4 loss year, I only see Ohio State pushing us- twice a year at times- Which will allow us to either drop one during the season and win the CCG and still go to a title game(still relative to that year) or win both, or lose in the CCG.

Awful Texas team- 13-20

South Dakota State- 17-3

Iowa State- 31-30 OT

Kansas- 20-3

Iowa State 09- 9-7

No game is ever a gimmee, we play down to competetion.

This is one of the reasons I think we will struggle alittle(3 loses) next year in the BIGTEN. We are going into a different animal here, different teams, different stadiums. Plus I think alot of people are under estimating the talent we are losing after this year. Gone are Allen,Gomes,Prince,Hagg,Henery,Kunalic,Paul(despite his hands), Helu, McNeill, possibly Dennard and Crick. All these guys are big playmakers for this years team and have started mulitple years. You cant just plug somebody else in and go without some struggles. We have a lot of talent on our team, but some of that talent has rarely seen the field or if at all.

The first season's gonna be pretty hairy.

Think about this though. Think about Ohio St, Mich, Mich St, Wisc, Iowa, now having to play us?? I'm sure they're just as excited as we are, but they also have to think that replacing Purdue on their schedule with us, isn't necessarily the best case scenario either.

I am not really worried about it. tOSU will be down a little, Mich still isnt there, Mich St will be a very good team agian but not elite, Wisc will be way down, Iowa will also be down. I really think we have a good chance at making the title game the 1st year.

The first season's gonna be pretty hairy.

Think about this though. Think about Ohio St, Mich, Mich St, Wisc, Iowa, now having to play us?? I'm sure they're just as excited as we are, but they also have to think that replacing Purdue on their schedule with us, isn't necessarily the best case scenario either.

I am not really worried about it. tOSU will be down a little, Mich still isnt there, Mich St will be a very good team agian but not elite, Wisc will be way down, Iowa will also be down. I really think we have a good chance at making the title game the 1st year.

huskerscott is right people are forgetting we lose people next year. So no i don't think it will be nothing to worry about.

the CIC, big games almost every week, historic venues, big 10 network versus BSFS and/or Jack Trice field every year, no tv or ppv most weeks and gettting smooth-dicked by texass until they decide to go independent and we end up in the mountain west on the outside looking in to the new playoff system.

WOW really tough choice there.

the CIC, big games almost every week, historic venues, big 10 network versus BSFS and/or Jack Trice field every year, no tv or ppv most weeks and gettting smooth-dicked by texass until they decide to go independent and we end up in the mountain west on the outside looking in to the new playoff system.

Not to sound like a Texass fan but maybe we should have beaten them more than once since the Big 12. Texass probably wouldn't be able to do whatever they wanted if we had a .500 record against them or have a lead in the series. Since we became Texass whipping boy they don't need to listen to us. I'm glad we are leaving but Texass are the exact teams we need to beat if we want be elite again.

Not to sound like a Texass fan but maybe we should have beaten them more than once since the Big 12. Texass probably wouldn't be able to do whatever they wanted if we had a .500 record against them or have a lead in the series. Since we became Texass whipping boy they don't need to listen to us. I'm glad we are leaving but Texass are the exact teams we need to beat if we want be elite again.

Record makes no difference. The conference is set up to benefit them and them only. When the table is crooked you can't win. (See 2009 BTC)

Record makes no difference. The conference is set up to benefit them and them only. When the table is crooked you can't win. (See 2009 BTC)

Record makes all the difference. Wins = power. 2 years ago it didn't benefit Texas. Let me ask you this if this was the 95 husker team do you think that we would be scared if Texas pulled this? not likely. Even if it was set up crooked losing to texass constantly doesn't help. if the conference was set up crooked why is Oklahoma the one taking advantage of it?

I agree that you guys should do fine in the Big Ten, but I also think some people are selling the Big Ten teams really short this year. First of all, the pecking order in the Big Ten this year is Wisky > OSU > Iowa > MSU. The fact that Sparty isn't 8-3 or 7-4 is amazing to me. I think Wisconsin could handle OU (but then I'm not overly impressed with OU this year), but would have more trouble with Okie St. OSU actually matches up better with the Pokes and that is a game I would like to see. Iowa would not only beat Mizzou, but I don't think it would be close (I think you guys exposed them for being mediocre, just like K St.) And I think the Aggies would beat MSU. Hopefully badly. PSU and K St. would be a good game. Michigan and Baylor would light up the scoreboard. Illinois is usually tougher when they are at home. NW tends to play close games well. And Purdue, Indiana, and Minnesota are tougher than a bye week. Usually.

One thing that lines up nicely for you guys next year is Iowa and Wisconsin losing senior leaders at QB. And I believe Wisconsin loses their top 2 receivers as well. But don't take that running game lightly. Possibly the best O-line in the nation. The first year will be an adjustment for you guys and the rest of the conference playing you. Your third year is when I think you guys will have a great season. Just remember, PSU thought they were going to dominate the conference when they joined and it hasn't quite worked out that way. FWIW I think you will fare much better.

Record makes all the difference. Wins = power. 2 years ago it didn't benefit Texas. Let me ask you this if this was the 95 husker team do you think that we would be scared if Texas pulled this? not likely. Even if it was set up crooked losing to texass constantly doesn't help. if the conference was set up crooked why is Oklahoma the one taking advantage of it?

Oklahoma is just doing what D Dodds told them to do. Texass will not make a bowl this year, but they'll still keep the administrative offices and football championship. Money=power, not wins

Oklahoma is just doing what D Dodds told them to do. Texass will not make a bowl this year, but they'll still keep the administrative offices and football championship. Money=power, not wins

So the AD at Texas told OU to represent the south in the Big 12 championship game most of the time? lol. that's pretty delusional.

I expect 2-4 losses to be the normal season for us. The Big 12 had no real threats besides OU and Tx. The rest of the former Big 8 members we beat them so long they were hardly a threat. every now and then they may beat us but going into a conference where we hardly play the teams is a different story. I'm not saying we won't be just as good cause i expect us to be but besides a handful of teams the rest aren't automatic W's. This year i didn't think we would lose to Washington, Ok St, or Missouri. I was surprised with how we struggled against Iowa St and Kansas. It's not a bad thing we are moving just that i think coasting through the league won't happen like it does now.

Poppycock and balderdash.

T_O_B

:throwdabones1: