Alex Henery

PaulCrewe

Prince becomes finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award. There will be hard competition from Patrick Peterson of LSU. Henery is left off either best kicker or punter? Am I missing something?

Linky

This is utter crap. Henery has been one of the most consistent P/K in YEARS. HE has an uncanny ability to make a punt just DIE. I remember 2 or 3 punts against the Ags that hit the 4 or 5 bounced straight up and just stayed there.

So what? HE can't kick a 60 yard FG? He's probably the most accurate 50 and under kicker out there. This is pure crap. I PROMISE he'll be the highest drafted P/K this year.

Get a load of this...

Alex Henery this year is 15/16 and has not missed an extra point. He also averages 44 yards a punt on 51 total attempts with numerous punts landing inside the 15 yard line. Name another player who kicks FGs and punts this well for his team.

A look at the other candidates:

Dan Bailey, Okie Light:

22/26 (84.6% compared to Henery's 93%). Hell he's even MISSED AN EXTRA POINT. Does he punt for his team as well? No.

Danny Hrappman, Southern Miss:

23/26 (88.5% compared to Henery's 93%). He's punted a grand total of 5 times for his team with an average of 43 yards per attempt.

David Ruffer, Notre Dame:

15/15 on FGs (Same amount as Henery). However, unlike Henery, HE'S MISSED not one, but TWO extra points. Does he punt for his team? No.

I don't see how any of these guys are more valuable than Alex Henery. Especially if they miss extra points.

Now to the punter candidates:

Drew Butler, Georgia:

In 43 attempts, Butler has averaged 45 yards a punt, which is just one yard per punt more than Henery

Ryan Donahue, Iowa:

In 47 attempts, Donahue has averaged 44.3 yards a punt, just .3 yards more per punt than Henery. But I guess having a wind aided 73 yard punt makes a big difference. :facepalm:

Chas Henry, Florida:

In 40 attempts, Henry has averaged an impressive 47.3 yards a punt, 3.3 yards more per punt than Alex. This guy is actually legitimate.

I don't have a problem with the Guy award as much as I do with the Groza. These are supposed to be the awards that deserve to go the best player on any team. This isn't supposed to be the Heisman, which only goes to the best player on a team in the National Championship.

Sorry Alex, you got jobbed, you are by far the best kicker in the nation and you will get your award on Friday when they call your name on senior day.

That being said, congratulations to Amukamara for being selected as one of the best defensive backs. You too will get a loud ovation on senior day.

Get a load of this...

Alex Henery this year is 15/16 and has not missed an extra point. He also averages 44 yards a punt on 51 total attempts with numerous punts landing inside the 15 yard line. Name another player who kicks FGs and punts this well for his team.

A look at the other candidates:

Dan Bailey, Okie Light:

22/26 (84.6% compared to Henery's 93%). Hell he's even MISSED AN EXTRA POINT. Does he punt for his team as well? No.

Danny Hrappman, Southern Miss:

23/26 (88.5% compared to Henery's 93%). He's punted a grand total of 5 times for his team with an average of 43 yards per attempt.

David Ruffer, Notre Dame:

15/15 on FGs (Same amount as Henery). However, unlike Henery, HE'S MISSED not one, but TWO extra points. Does he punt for his team? No.

I don't see how any of these guys are more valuable than Alex Henery. Especially if they miss extra points.

Now to the punter candidates:

Drew Butler, Georgia:

In 43 attempts, Butler has averaged 45 yards a punt, which is just one yard per punt more than Henery

Ryan Donahue, Iowa:

In 47 attempts, Donahue has averaged 44.3 yards a punt, just .3 yards more per punt than Henery. But I guess having a wind aided 73 yard punt makes a big difference. :facepalm:

Chas Henry, Florida:

In 40 attempts, Henry has averaged an impressive 47.3 yards a punt, 3.3 yards more per punt than Alex. This guy is actually legitimate.

I don't have a problem with the Guy award as much as I do with the Groza. These are supposed to be the awards that deserve to go the best player on any team. This isn't supposed to be the Heisman, which only goes to the best player on a team in the National Championship.

Sorry Alex, you got jobbed, you are by far the best kicker in the nation and you will get your award on Friday when they call your name on senior day.

That being said, congratulations to Amukamara for being selected as one of the best defensive backs. You too will get a loud ovation on senior day.

Not only is he the best kicker/punter...but BY FAR the most consistent player in the nation. I'm sure the people who didn't think he was worthy enough for this award will find that out next year when he is in the NFL.

Prince becomes finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award. There will be hard competition from Patrick Peterson of LSU. Henery is left off either best kicker or punter? Am I missing something?

Linky

That is a travesty. An absolute freaking travesty.

Arguably the greatest FG kicker in NCAA history and he doesn't even sniff a Groza. What a joke.