Did your season die?

craigsker

Abso "freakin" lutely NOT. This season is very much alive! We could have been a national title team.

BUT this is why it's College Football. Things happen. I'm sure Ohio State had dreams of a national title, but there they sit with a loss. I'm sure Oklahoma had title aspirations, but here they are with 2 losses.

It happens. Great Teams lose every now and then.

I'm still excited that we have a shot at winning the Big XII Championship and going to a BCS Bowl.

Rome wasn't built in a day, or even 3 years.

Oh, the TAM game took some magic out of the air to be sure. The cold reality is that our offense is still hopelessly inept without Tmart. Even with him it's hit or miss (SDSU/Texas).

If we can somehow squeeze some points to beat Colorado I'm pleased though because we/Bo have learned a LOT this year. Our offense needs some serious changes but the defensive system is there and rock solid. The thought of a healthy Tmart going into Big10 play is great fun for next year. Great recruiting helps too.

We've come a LONG ways from three years ago but still have one major hurdle to hack.

I wouldn't call the season dead for me, but I would call me surprised.

Go back a year. We compete in the b12 cg, kill ourslelves in the last 1 minute and lose a close one nobody saw coming. Our D is called "back" by the national media. We get Burkhead and helu back healthy, find out Lee has been playing hurt all year(ohhh...that explains everything with our offense in 09)and put an old school NU beatdown on Arizona. Bo proclaims Nebraska is back(which caught me off guard as he never says anything like that). The press is in love with us, Oct. 16 is circled. We will come into 2010 with a seasoned offense, better defense(according to Bo you can be better than ranked #1 in defense in 09), Crick is the next Suh(according to Suh) and will surely be all big 12...maybe leaving early for the pros?

Spring Game: TMart appears as a cant miss. we are bringing back a lot on offense and Bo says the defense will be better than the 09 unit(still surprised, but I am biting now). We start the season and are the toast of the town. Everyone is talking about Nebraska. The press loves us. blah blah blah . After Washington, TMArt is on Heisman watch ready to shatter all NU QB and rusghing records as a freshman, Huskers are the media darling. sentimental favorite for many. Theres talk of the b12 sending TU, NU and OU to big bowls with the great hope that we have a OU/NU game for a fitting end to the big 12 conference. OFcourse NU and OU would be ranked #1 and #2 going into that "game of the century" Now I am biting harder...

then SDSU, doh, wait a minute we tarred KSU SDSU was a one off-their NC game. they were pumped and we were bored, Texas-No!, OKie state and MU-woo hoo! oh wait-ISU, KU, aTM! Now we have a hobbled qb, Zac Lee is "missing", a seemingly not quite so good offense, not a better defense, going into a game against CU needing to win to win the North coming off a saturday night that was not our proudest moment on so many levels.. I think we will beat CU, but I think most of us are "cautiously optimistic" thinking about a rematch(which has a way of going bad) against Okie Lite or a win against an improving OU team with Tmart at 50% and this offense.

Yes, I would call me surprised.

But I will always be a husker fan.