Did your season die?

craigsker

Wow, I gotta tell ya, the thing that depresses me is that there is only a little over a month left to the season. The 9 months between is pure hell save for the spring game. I can't imagine sticking a fork in the Huskers and quitting on them like some do. Before every game I feel like a kid just before christmas morning. After every game (win or lose)I feel better just being able to watch or just hear the games on the radio.

I can't imagine what it's like to have season tickets and be able to go to every home game. That would be like Nirvana for me and my family. So to say that I'm disappointed in the team would be akin to telling my wife I don't love her anymore. That's never gonna happen my friend.

The young men and staff on our team work their tails off all year to be the best they can possibly be. We as fans need to reciprocate and be the best fans that we can be, win or lose.

GO BIG RED!!!! :bigredn::bonesflag:

Being down about a game (CCG) that hasn't even been played yet is pretty lame.

I'm down/angry/etc about the A&M game. But I'm also treating that as a real aberration, a game that in many ways was taken out of our hands. In my own mind, I'm not considering this a loss. I'm not saying we should be ranked any differently or considered by anyone to be a 10-1 team, but I just don't feel like I usually do after a loss.

Now I'm looking forward to the CU game to get by them for the conference championship. The CCG will be tough, and I'm very concerned about the state of our offense, but we still have our killer defense. Win these two and the season is definitely a success. However, I am also realistically recognizing that these games look a lot tougher now.

The thing that has taken the air out of college football for me is knowing that we are playing agianst a stacked deck. If i still believed we were playing on an even field with the competition i would still be excited because a CCG and BCS Bowl bid are still possible. However, with the recent developements neither of these goals are very attainable and thus my enthusiasm has whaned.

I dont post on here much but when I come across something like this it is just disappointing. What exactly were your expectations for this team? A National Title or bust? Coming into the season we all knew we would have an excellent D. But the jury was still out on our offense so if you set your expectations as high as a National Title maybe you put the bar a little to high for this team. That is not their fault, it is yours. Dont get me wrong I would have loved to see us go 13-0 and play for a National Title. But I just really want to walk out the Big 12 with that trophy that we deserve. And I will not give up on this team. If Saturday nights loss has not SPARKED your enthusiasm maybe you should check your RED in at the door. If you have tickets, give them up, FOR GOOD! This teams goal of winning a Big 12 Title is still there. And if you aren't board then we dont want you!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

Call me a bad fan, but I can't help it. I think the season ended prematurely for me. I understand we will probably beat Colorado, but after what what I saw offensively from this team, I have some serious doubts about beating Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in the Big XII championship. We crashed in the polls and my high expectations of this team fell miserably short. And finally, losing to yet another team from the state of Texas is more than I can stand. I wanted to puke blood after that game. My enthusiasm for the remainder of the season simply died. For whatever reason, I just don't care about the remainder of 2010. I expected better.

Anyone else?

Don't read more into this than what is there. He simply said with the offense looking 09 he doesn't have a lot of confidence we can keep up with OSU/OU in the CCG anyway and let's face it. Winning the CCG was the goal for the season. He simply doesn't think we'll make the goal. Bad Craigsker! Bad! Debbie Downer!

Call me a bad fan, but I can't help it. I think the season ended prematurely for me. I understand we will probably beat Colorado, but after what what I saw offensively from this team, I have some serious doubts about beating Oklahoma or Oklahoma State in the Big XII championship. We crashed in the polls and my high expectations of this team fell miserably short. And finally, losing to yet another team from the state of Texas is more than I can stand. I wanted to puke blood after that game. My enthusiasm for the remainder of the season simply died. For whatever reason, I just don't care about the remainder of 2010. I expected better.

Anyone else?

Hence you are not a fan. I would still watch, scream, yell, cheer and pull for these kids if their record was 2-9. Good bye now.

I'm pretty happy with the season as a whole. I'm unhappy with individual parts of individual games, and with a couple of games in particular, but overall I'm pretty happy with 9-2, a shot at the conference title and a BCS game.

I think a person's level of disappointment with this season is directly reflective of their level of expectation in August. If anyone expected us to contend for the MNC, I'm sure they're disappointed. If they expected us to contend for the conference title, I'm sure they're somewhat nervous, but not terribly upset right now. If you simply expected improvement over last year, I'd be willing to bet you're feeling pretty good about this season.

I think it was unrealistic to think we'd contend for the MNC. I think we have a lot of building to do before we're truly ready for that step. But we're progressing, we're better than last year, and we have reasons to believe we'll get better next year. I'm OK with that.

Anyone else?

This is me calling you "a bad fan."

;)

Anyone else?

Okay, you are a bad fan. I think the Colorado game is now HUGE, and the fans will be pumped and up for this game against the revitalized Buff team.

Anyone else?

Come on. you expected us to do what? Win the national title. It was a long shot before the TAMU game. So having serious doubts about beating a team makes you lose excitement? This should make it more exciting if anything. We can win the Big 12 which was the goal since the end of last season, and finish in the top 10 for the first time since 2001. It'll be a challenge, and that's good. Sheesh. Did your enthusiasm die after the Texas Tech game last year? Or after Missouri in 08? You missed some great stuff if so.

This. Our primary goal at the beginning of the season was to win the CCG. That goal is still in sight if we win on Friday. It will be very, very sweet if we leave the conference with that trophy in our hands, waving it around in front of Beebe's face.

Sure, we've had a couple of bad games this year, but think back to three years ago. Think about how far we've built back towards being a top ten program again---that's saying something. We could have been THE top team in the country this year had we not lost against Texas, which is both an exciting, and disappointing thought.

We'll get back to the top, don't worry.

My realistic expectation at the beginning of the year was to play for the Big XXII title. Winning that game and going to a BCS Bowl would exceed my early hopes. Once I got a taste of the early season T-Magic gravy train I was all about riding it all the way to the MNC. But, football is a crazy game. I am still very much excited for Friday, and playing in 2 more games after.

I am just glad I am not Texas/Florida/Georgia Tech fan this year.....

GBR! :bigredn: