AM fans rushing out on the field

Maybe I'm alone here but why exactly did AM fans rush out on the field? They beat a one loss Husker team in a poorly officiated game on their home field 9-6. Why is that reason to rush the field for the first time in 35 years? It's not a rivalry game. It didn't win them any titles. It didn't accomplish anything other than get them a win on their way to the "we suck less than most" Bowl game. Can anyone explain this to me?

What's most interesting about that is that they claim that their field is a war memorial so no one but players and other approved people (band, Corps, etc) is EVER allowed on it. They used this as their justification when a bunch of Corps turds beat up a bunch of UT fans who rushed the field after we upset them there in '97 (including an 8 year-old girl who had to get stitches). And they've had incidents with fans of other schools on their field as well. But apparently it's not disrespecting a war memorial when aggy fans do it.

What's most interesting about that is that they claim that their field is a war memorial so no one but players and other approved people (band, Corps, etc) is EVER allowed on it. They used this as their justification when a bunch of Corps turds beat up a bunch of UT fans who rushed the field after we upset them there in '97 (including an 8 year-old girl who had to get stitches). And they've had incidents with fans of other schools on their field as well. But apparently it's not disrespecting a war memorial when aggy fans do it.

That's an excellent point, I recall that now. Even more reason to be confused.

That's an excellent point, I recall that now. Even more reason to be confused.

Well, you had 4000 students who were seated along the track, and they were excited. We did just beat (regardless of the officiating) the team that's probably BCS bowl bound. It's more of excitement after all these years that we have a bright future again. People weren't rushing out of the stands, just from the seats along the track. They were practically on the field anyway.

Kyle is NOT a War Memorial. Big man, eh horn? Misspell Aggie. I feel the pain. Come running over to a Nebraska board to be an ass and act like we attack people for no reason.

IIRC this also happened to a few Husker fans. One of them is a member on the board and his picture made the newspaper. I'm pretty sure it was the last time we played them at Kyle Field, the game that included the last minute drive leading to Mo Purify's game-winning catch.

Happened largely because there were a couple thousand kids with seats that were pretty much already on the field. The vast majority of our students can't rush the field because the student section is about a 5-10 minute walk up to the concourse down one of two ramps and once your down at field level against the flow of people out of the stadium to get to the field. There's usually only a small contingent of students, plus the cadets, and the band on the first deck, but due to our drive to sell as many student tickets as possible there were a lot of students on the first deck and a large number that were seated on the track area around the field.

Actually, the last time I saw fans excited and try ro run onto Kyle Field after a big win, it was Nebraska fans in 2002...

Not there. They haven't rushed field in 35 years. You're telling me this was the biggest game for them in 35 years? I guess we should be flattered. :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn:

It was their biggest game in quite a while....I'm thinking since around '98/'99 somewhere in there. They have a new breath of fresh air, a five game win streak, just set an attendence and student section attendence record all on Network TV. It was a big deal to them congrats! And considering they had 30,000+ students.....what a couple 100 made it onto the field.