The QB's

T_O_Bull

have to agree with bballbacker. Wats needs to take the handcuffs off for Cody and call plays that he will excell at. Cody throws pretty well on deeper routes than the quicker timing routes it seems. Let him open the field off of play action and even loosen up sCUm's secondary by going deep. I also think the zone read will only be ran out of the Wildcat, if anything Cody only runs on scrambles and a QB draw or two.

Again this all is predicated on if Watson goes butt tight and keeps the cuffs on Cody and the offense or sprouts a pair and let's him attack the Buffs. Hell I think he let Cody do more in his first start against Baylor then he does now.

I think Cody will do well in a game plan that caters to him more than trying the TMart game plan.

Cody Green would not be a bad quarterback if Shawn Watson built an entire game plan around Cody's strengths. Unfortunately, we have not seen this yet. Last year we saw glimpses, but the guy was a true freshman, that's tough and only a few can handle it. If Wats pulls his head out of his arse, forgets his "zone" offense, spreads the field a la 2008 and gives Cody some good situations that he can succeed in, we'll all be booking our rooms for Dallas come Friday night (if you haven't already).

:yeah

We'll have to find ways to throw the ball. CU's pass defense is among the worst in FBS, while their rush D is in the top 15. I think Helu and Burkhead will find some room, but ultimately, throwing and catching is what's gonna move the chains and score points for us.

Line up under center, play action, and roll out. He does have the legs to pick up yards if no one's open, because he's already got a some steam built up. Plus, our TE's have been doing pretty well. Hit Kyler on an arrow route, and let him work. I'd like to see how much like Wisconsin we can be on Friday. Maybe we don't have the line for that, but it's probably our best shot.

if Wats play calls for Green like last week he is destined to fail....Wats is the real problem

Watson installed a game plan for Martinez, they repped during the week plays that Taylor would do well in. Taylor got hurt, and Cody and Watson took some time to get going, I thought Cody was settling down and playing well, but then we went back to Martinez.

If you haven't figured it out by now, Bo has little confidence in Cody, don't expect much this week. Bo will rely on his defense to win the came, and Cody and Watson won't get a chance to show what could be done.

And that's why it wouldn't shock me to see Watson leave after this year.

• Fire 1

if Wats play calls for Green like last week he is destined to fail....Wats is the real problem

Watson installed a game plan for Martinez, they repped during the week plays that Taylor would do well in. Taylor got hurt, and Cody and Watson took some time to get going, I thought Cody was settling down and playing well, but then we went back to Martinez.

If you haven't figured it out by now, Bo has little confidence in Cody, don't expect much this week. Bo will rely on his defense to win the came, and Cody and Watson won't get a chance to show what could be done.

Good info, jliehr.

I have been wondering if all Green needs is a little more rope and faith. The way he's performed in game has been a problem but at the same time, you wonder if those problems are a reflection, in part, of how he is being handled.

I did think we saw some passes and relatively few zone reads with Green in the last game, but I don't have any numbers handy, so I don't know. I hope we don't run a lot of those, because it seems to be a fumble risk and something that would rely on lateral speed he doesn't have.

Good info, jliehr.

I have been wondering if all Green needs is a little more rope and faith. The way he's performed in game has been a problem but at the same time, you wonder if those problems are a reflection, in part, of how he is being handled.

I did think we saw some passes and relatively few zone reads with Green in the last game, but I don't have any numbers handy, so I don't know. I hope we don't run a lot of those, because it seems to be a fumble risk and something that would rely on lateral speed he doesn't have.

So after reading this, I'm assuming that it's not Green, it's a rift between Bo and Wats?

Oh gosh, please don't take my post as one that is based on knowing what I am talking about. I am just a complete outsider making comments on what I thought of how Green was used one time a few games ago. From what I've read I assume there actually isn't a rift between Bo and Wats and they are on the same page on a number of things, including Taylor at the beginning of the year. There are things like maybe Watson believes in Green more than Bo does, or Watson believed in the Wildcat more than Bo did until it worked, but these aren't really rifts...Bo is the head man and he takes input and makes the calls.