Play the freshmen!

np_husker

Let me start by saying that I love the Huskers. Always have, always will. Although I didn't like the way it was handled, I was glad to see Solich replaced as I do believe the program was headed in the wrong direction. However, I am starting to believe that Bill Callahan was the wrong choice.

I can't understand why we aren't playing the highly touted new recruits of the last year. I would rather lose by giving Beck, Lucky, etc., the experience than win the way we won today. I fear we are about to start a nasty downward slide this season.

Why not give someone else a shot? Maybe Beck or even Ganz would give a little spark to the offense, if not the whole team.

Also, the only real streak we have left is the sell-out streak and I'm afraid with the way things are going the new seats won't sell out every game. I think Steve Pederson bit off more than he can chew. He let his ego get in the way.

Remember, I do love the Huskers and don't want to see our program become just any other program, so please don't throw stones. I'm just speaking my honest opinion.

Ross had over 150 yds . . . . I don't think it's the rb or qb that's the problem. Granted Taylor could be playing better but the O-line play isnt consistent enough to give him the chance. I'd hate to see Beck in there if he's gonna get hurt for nothing or to ruin his confidence. Just my thoughts.

BIG POINT :clap

EVERBODY saw what a difference Cody Glenn made....what a HORSE!!! :thumbs

This guy was a difference maker, pumped up the crowd, players, moved the chains, very impressive.

7-6, late in game, needed clock and yards...

NOWHERE.

NOTHING.

Pitt knew EXACTLY how to take us out, and did it.

This is unacceptable. :steam

Nice comment Foppa, about Cody but he is not a horse he is a Train, the C-Train hopefully the coach will see it now :bang But who knows. Give credit to Ross over 150 yds. But given the chance the man-child from Rusk will show off. Hope Nebraska can improve on offense. Looks to me like coach would rather lose game than abandon the system. Guess he is the coach and didn't ask me. See you at Baylor on Oct. 15th.

Looks to me like coach would rather lose game than abandon the system.

Oh yeah! Definitally the scariest part of this team right now. Callahan simply has to simplify a bit, to the point where our players can understand what they have to do, and I think our offensive numbers would skyrocket. But it is simply my opinion.

Looks to me like coach would rather lose game than abandon the system.

Oh yeah! Definitally the scariest part of this team right now. Callahan simply has to simplify a bit, to the point where our players can understand what they have to do, and I think our offensive numbers would skyrocket. But it is simply my opinion.

But he's got to do it, right?

I was getting chills watching the toss plays, the power runs by Glenn...and it just didn't seem like there was a good reason to abandon it. It WAS working. But screw that, we're going to run the same offense that hasn't done crap so far...and nearly lose doing it.

This is the BIGGEST disappointment to me. I absolutely hate the 'we'll run it once, but don't get used to it even if it works, because i'm hellbent on my Stalinist-era style that will be run and you'll like it'.

(Foppa Posted on Sep 17 2005, 11:59 PM )

I was getting chills watching the toss plays, the power runs by Glenn...and it just didn't seem like there was a good reason to abandon it. It WAS working. But screw that, we're going to run the same offense that hasn't done crap so far...and nearly lose doing it.

This is the BIGGEST disappointment to me. I absolutely hate the 'we'll run it once, but don't get used to it even if it works, because i'm hellbent on my Stalinist-era style that will be run and you'll like it'.

Yeah, I suggest not abandoning the system entirely, but rather fusing some of both together and then wean us off the old ways (if we must be resigned to the idea that we are destined for the West Coast Offense). A compromise must be made.

(Foppa Posted on Sep 17 2005, 11:59 PM )

Yeah, I suggest not abandoning the system entirely, but rather fusing some of both together and then wean us off the old ways (if we must be resigned to the idea that we are destined for the West Coast Offense). A compromise must be made.

While I agree to a point, you can't mix a power I and west coast offenses. That just doesn't work. We do need to start playing to the strengths of our players, though. Wannstedt is making the same mistake at Pitt; forcing a team that has played a pass-happy wco fpr years and years and trying to turn it into a smashmouth right-up-the-gut running team.

Based on all the errors we made yesterday it seems at the very least we need to get away from the double tight end set. The players were confused and kept drawing penalties.

And yeah, we need to get the freshmen in. We are going to dump a couple of games because our offense isn't producing. We might as well get the young guys in and let them get a few games under their belt. We'll be better in the long run.