Gameday Prayer

Hercules

Alright folks, I've noticed a pattern.

We screwed up the gameday prayer against Texas, when we didn't finish it before the game started.

We also screwed up the gameday prayer this past Saturday against A&M, when somebody typed the wrong words.

I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious.

Don't mess up the gameday prayer!

and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

There needs to be a uniform time to start the prayer. I think the kansas game was started about 7 hours before kickoff and then the thread just sat there for hours, gradually sliding down the forum to the land of the unposted. Oh, I think I need to wipe away a tear

I agree a lot of members such as myself are in different time zones. Good move by getting it out there now so members will be ready.

Thanks.

There needs to be a uniform time to start the prayer. I think the kansas game was started about 7 hours before kickoff and then the thread just sat there for hours, gradually sliding down the forum to the land of the unposted. Oh, I think I need to wipe away a tear

I vote for 5 hrs before kick-off (so I can par-take), however being realistic I would vote for 2 hrs before kick-off. Have fun, I will be tailgating as always!

I agree a lot of members such as myself are in different time zones. Good move by getting it out there now so members will be ready.

Thanks.

Im in Austria this week, does that count for the time zone merit? Stripes, lol. It's strikes, get it right..........right? lol

2-3 hours before kickoff, it should be pinned until the game starts.

edit: and it's hard not to mess it up, everyone tries to post the next line at the same time, and then try to edit it as someone is posting to what your about to edit then they have to edit causing the next person to post the wrong thing too!

edit: and it's hard not to mess it up, everyone tries to post the next line at the same time, and then try to edit it as someone is posting to what your about to edit then they have to edit causing the next person to post the wrong thing too!

maybe there should be an application process? :dunno

maybe there should be an application process? :dunno

Hmmmm.... I don't think that would fix it. What I am saying is that two people who both know what the next line is, both post it at the same time, then a third person post the next line, creating a chain reacquisition(usually spell check helps me here, but I'm leaving this word as-is because its awesome) wherein the second person edits his post to not look stupid, thusly making the 3rd person look stupid for repeating what the second person said.

bump.

Also, looking at this, it could be "stride," "stripes," or "strife." Whoever types that part of the prayer, just commit, and everyone else go with it. No second-guessing mid-prayer! That's how catastrophes like only scoring 6 points against Texas A&M happen.

yeah honestly, stride, stripes, strife are all great words and work appropriately with the prayer, shouldn't fret to much about it.