Fire Shawn Watson

Kruzu

Well, SW was recommended by TO for a smooth transistion while Bo attacked a dreadfully horrid defense. I highly, highly doubt it was because TO thought he was any kind of guru.

So the defense is fixed and is in excellent shape. However, the offense now has problems in River City well into year two. I hope Bo doesn't keep SW like Callahan kept COZ. Yeah, Bo's defense is ten country miles better than Callahan's offense but in a relative sense it's still the same thing.

I think TO thought that Watson called the plays last year of Callahan's year here. That doesn't seem to be the case. Even with Martinez Watson's playcalling is bland.

Yeah, you should have seen the look on TO's face afterwards when an intern came into his office and said, "Hey Dr. Tom, I just read in an old news article that Bill Callahan was calling plays in 2007." Biggest OOPS / "oh crap" face you'll ever see, at least what my sources tell me.

Why then did we do more trick plays under Callahan than Bo? If Watson was calling plays we should have still seen them. Why does our offense look like crap on the field just like to last year's save a couple of games?

There is no question that Callahan called plays here regardless of who was the offensive coordinator, while he was HC.

I'm pointing out that it's nuts to think Tom Osborne somehow didn't know that.

Our offense looks like crap on the field because our #1 QB is hobbled severely (and his athleticism was his real strength to begin with), our #2 QB is down and out, and our #3 QB is growing and inconsistent. Also Ted Gilmore. IMO. That's about it.

It's kind of like last year where Zac is pretty fast but not much of a runner, though he makes good outstanding zone reads so he brought something to that area of the game. And his strength was in his arm, which was injured in a way that limited him quite a lot. Now we have Taylor who brings things to the passing game but is still patchworking that together; his strengths being in the running game, except that's almost totally shot with his ankle/leg/whatever is injured.

We did more trick plays under Callahan because Callahan took more risks like that and Bo is just conservative in his approach. Probably learned something after the fake field goal call against CU in 2008.

zoogies, just for fun, since you always claim Lee is "fast" then what would you call a healthy Tmart? Really, just curious. :koolaid2:

No doubt TO knew SW was OC in name only under Clownahan but the overwhelming priority after the 2007 season was to repair a hopelessly inept defense. So it's now "fixed" but the problem has shifted to the other foot.

So just one more question for you my old friend......honestly, how many more years are you willing to waste Bo's NC caliber defenses before you'll hold our OC accountable? Again, just curious.

Please also consider that Alex is gone after this year and automatic FGs if within 50 miles of the opponent's end zone won't be around to somewhat cushion our offense's sub-par play.

I'm not on the Fire Watson bandwagon. Clearly, there have been times this year when I thought the game plan didn't put us in a position to win the football game. However, there are times when the offense did not execute the game plan that Wats drew up. Both sides are to blame. And unfortunately for Wats, he gets all the blame even when the offense doesn't execute.

You guys hear Bo when he says, "We have to execute." You think maybe that means something?

Watson has looked brilliant in a couple of games this year, and he has been limited in some games with injuries. I would like to bet that any offense coordinator in a big time program like Nebraska would struggle if some of their big players were injured.

this 'execution' excuse is bullsh#t. the same players where here on both sides of the ball when Bo took over... and so was Watson. the defense got better at 'executing', the offense hasnt. plain and simple. same stupid mistakes. theyre his players, and over the years teams of all sorts have failed to 'execute' for him. its fact. how far back to people have to keep digging up stats to prove this guy has a track record of epic failures?

you know whats really scary? one of my buddies started arguing that the offense has actually gotten worse, more inconsistent, under watson since callahan left. and he was making sense.

That's not so scary. I didn't take the time to look it up (ass-unimg) but what are the stats before and after? I'm asking.

My opinion exceptional players have made exceptional plays on poorly called plays.... excuse the "exceptionaly poor" grammer. The athletes are in Lincoln, and can compete with the best. A few dropped passes, blah-blah-blah. History is our best teacher, and in recent Husker football history there is only one common denominator, Watson.

• Fire 1

Huh? It always matters who is taking the snaps.

49ers under Bill Walsh....it didn't matter if Joe Montana, Steve Young or Steve Bono started, the 49ers won. That's just one example.

Ah yes, on the professional level. And that scrub Steve Young.

Jinx!