UPDATED: Beebe not in Lincoln... Will hand over death threat e-mails to authorities

Nexus

Either the Dallas and Irving Police Departments are not fully aware of whats going on or that Beebe made this all up or his wife made these claims/threats worse than what they really were.

Dallas police now say they are NOT ivestigating the threats

Dallas police now say they are not investigating alleged threats against Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe, although they are continuing to provide extra patrols by his family home.

A Dallas Police Department spokesman had said earlier this week that the agency was investigating a report of multiple harassing calls and mail to Beebe’s home. But the spokesman, Sr. Cpl. Kevin Janse, said Thursday that that was a mistake based on a misunderstanding by officers who had been flagged down by Beebe’s wife.

She told the officers that the family had received threats and was concerned, Janse said. Police initially thought the messages had gone to Beebe’s Dallas home, he said. They later determined that they had not gone to the family’s home, but instead were received at Big 12 offices in nearby Irving, Texas, outside Dallas. Irving has its own police department.

Asked for a copy of the report from Beebe’s wife, Janse said there was no written crime report.

Big 12 officials could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Earlier this week, Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda said the matter had been reported to “the authorities,” but declined to name the agency. He said he couldn’t provide copies of the alleged threats because they were under investigation.

Beebe had told reporters that he received death threats from Nebraska football fans. He has said that’s why he didn’t travel to Lincoln Nov. 26 to give the Big 12 North Division trophy to the Huskers after they won by beating Colorado.

A spokesman for the Irving Police Department said Thursday that the agency’s records showed no reports involving Beebe.

A University of Nebraska-Lincoln spokeswoman, Kelly Bartling, said Thursday that the university works with a threat-assessment network, but had not heard from law enforcement authorities or the Big 12 about any investigation into the alleged threats.

“Our law enforcement has not received any contact about any threat, or any report that we are being asked to be involved in, or asked to investigate,” she said.

Link

This just gets worse and worse, I should be over this by now but I'm not. One minute they say they turned over the documents to the Dallas PD next the PD says they are not ivestigating the issue becuase the threats happned in irving. At first I assumed that the threats were real but this all is starting to sound real fishy

When Beebe was asked about the so-called numerous "death threats",

he could only reference one (1) from an unknown source. Beebe then switched

to labeling the "threats" as "vulgar" rather than threatening.

Wonder why, if he felt he and his family were in real danger, it took

him a week to contact any authorities (if he really did even then).

Looks more and more like a conscious attempt by Bozo to slander the Husker fan base.

This is a tool on a mission, playing the victimization card.

When Beebe was asked about the so-called numerous "death threats",

he could only reference one (1) from an unknown source. Beebe then switched

to labeling the "threats" as "vulgar" rather than threatening.

Wonder why, if he felt he and his family were in real danger, it took

him a week to contact any authorities (if he really did even then).Looks more and more like a conscious attempt by Bozo to slander the Husker fan base.

This is a tool on a mission, playing the victimization card.

The article even says that his wife flagged down police, not to jump to conclusions but If I felt like my family was in danger I would call them and file a report not wait for a cop to drive by and flag them down.