UPDATED: Beebe not in Lincoln... Will hand over death threat e-mails to authorities

Nexus

Very good points Hercules, can't find an argument there.

I'll add that I read through the thread afterword and found the post pointing out how it's usually done in the locker room. It really feels like an excuse and all chiding of classless fans giving us a bad name aside, it seems pretty low of the Big 12 commish to brandish that around as an excuse. Obviously some bad blood here.

any fans that sent stuff like that should be prosecuted. it is reprehensible that they send crap like that.

but....the big 12 should also have done their job and sent someone to present the trophy. sounds like there were plenty of safe options. the league chose to attack the fanbase of the huskers instead. as other have stated threats of violence dont keep other people or institutions from doing what is right. heck....after this revelation did he stir up some anger in texas towards husker fans? should we feel safe going down there after beebe did this to stir public sentiment against husker faithful?

Sean Callahan's twitter:

Pretty disturbing to hear that some Husker fans sent death threats to Dan Beebe and the Big 12 office. That's why he wasn't here.

LINK

Callahan ... I've heard that name somewhere ...

I think I have to call BS on Mr Beebe. If that is true, the FBI would be on this and it would've been national news.

I for one will not be buying into any of Mr. Beebe's conspiracy theories.

lol

I just saw this article and thought I would come over to see what you would be saying about it.

Guys I am not here to flame but just step back and take a look at the situation. People are telling him they want him dead! What about the stuff people were saying to his daughter, would you be happy if that was your daughter? Everybody on this board is laughing about it.

There is a good point in there. If there is really a fix in against you guys, why would you be able to keep winning and make it to the BIG 12 Championship Game?

I am just coming with an objective opinion, think about it.

Really? That's fascinating! And thanks for taking the time to come here to sincerely care what the hell you think we think.

The first thing that came to my mind was, are you dating Beebe's daughter? Because no matter how pissed off I was about the game, the last thing that I would think about was, "sh#t. How can I mess with the Big Texass Conference commisioner's daughter? Surely she should pay for all that has transpired!" I think that will be exposed as a bunch of crap, and even if it isn't, that one simpleton who put the meth and crack pipe down long enough to formulate a sentence on facebook will go to jail.

I'll quote you. In reference to Beebe's daughter, you state that "Everybody on this board is laughing about it." Well, just about everybody here has already said that they do not condone death threats, and who knows what has allegedly been said to his daughter, so I think it's rather foolish to assume what everybody here thinks. Let me guess: when all those students were killed making that bonfire on your campus a few years ago, you probably thought 'everybody' here was having a good chuckle over that too? Be careful on your assumptions.

I personally think it's a waste of time when trolls come around and do exactly what they say they're not going to do, but I wanted to emphasize that most Husker fans are not only compassionate and fair when it comes to football opponents, but they're also decent humans at and away from the game.

i think Beebe looks foolish snubbing NU. people know how true NU fans act, we applaud our opponents in our own stadium, win or lose.

we provide and show more respect than most fans in college football, this is simply a case of sour grapes with a commish who sees the eventual extinction of the B-12......maybe he can get a job selling snow-cones at high school games!

Seems like a new generation of Husker fans think it's OK to send death threats to Beebe, and vulgar remarks to family members of someone they disagree with. Look, I think the officiating at the T A&M game was just as bad as everyone else on this board. Beebe excuse for not showing up in Lincoln was a bunch of bull. Now someone trying to blame the refs for the Texas loss in an earlier post, is funny. 3 or 4 dropped td's I think did that.

Over the decades Cornhusker fans have built our reputation as the best fans in college football, hate to see what the media does with this, outside the state, because of a few nut jobs. Stay classy Husker fans.

GBR!!!

Shatel's twitter:

Osborne: Beebe told him Big 12 wasn't at game to hand out North trophy because "they didn't feel safe'' after week of mail from NU fans.

LINK

Wow. Just wow. I have seen it all now.

What a classless jerk.

Yikes...did you see some of the emails/stunts Husker fans pulled? And we were laughing about the childish immature stunts a former CU QB (Klatt) was doing last week with his crank calls. Pretending to be an officer and telling him his daughter is unresponsive. Yeah...

Not sure there's any doubt about where the lack of class is in this scenario, and it isn't Beebe...

You realize this was posted before the Nexus update with the LJS story right?!!!

Personally I would never condone threats to anyone but it has to make me wonder. I don't trust Dan Beebe to begin with so basically Beebe got some hate mail and now he is acting as if he might truly be physically harmed if he comes to Lincoln? In the article to me it sounds like even TO mentions that he himself has probably received mail just like this also????

You know he's going to get hate mail but I guess the two points I'm making is that obviously I don't condone threats of any kind but also honestly I don't trust Dan Beebe farther than I can throw him either. I also find it strange that no representatives from the Big 12 conference were on hand to present NU with a trophy. I guess we'll see him (and hopefully get our trophy from him...) next week...

im sad to say the big 12 is doing his best efforts to make nebraska look like a terrible place and fanbase. cheap shots, angry coaches, death threats from fans. they are doing well playing it like the poor big 12 is getting picked on by big bad nebraska.

BINGO!

And everyone who mea culpas is helping Beebe

achieve his goal.

He couldn't stop our team on the field (not for lack of effort)

so he's trashing our reputation on the field (EM suspension) and

off the field ("2,000 vulgar emails").

like the guy hasnt received threats before from fans of other fanbases. Dr Toms comments say it all. The guy is a classless douchebag. The team, the players, deserved their trophy. He has chosen to make it about something other than what college athletics is all about, and thats his loss ultimately. He could have easily played the bigger man and congratulated the student atheletes, but didnt. For that, Dan Beebe, you are an enormous disappointment. <---Bigmotherf'ng period.

Beebe was classless and clueless on how he handled this deal. Yes I believe he got death threats from the juvenile and borderline sociopathic morons that every fan base has in it's ranks, like it or not. While I understand his anger and being disturbed by such jerks, I'm not buying his claim of fearing for his life nonsense, when as other have pointed out, he could have gone public with what the idiots have harassed him with, and asked for extra security, or at least sent a faceless conference rep to present the hardware. I'm sure Dr. Tom would have made sure that Dan wouldn't have had to worry about a single hair on his chinny-chin-chin coming to harm if he'd come to Lincoln. He thinks he's got unjustified criticism now? Good grief! The man just threw an open 50 gallon drum of gasoline on the fire! Clearly he hasn't much in the way of political savvy under heat.

Shatel's twitter:

Osborne: Beebe told him Big 12 wasn't at game to hand out North trophy because "they didn't feel safe'' after week of mail from NU fans.

LINK

Wow. Just wow. I have seen it all now.

What a classless jerk.

Yikes...did you see some of the emails/stunts Husker fans pulled? And we were laughing about the childish immature stunts a former CU QB (Klatt) was doing last week with his crank calls. Pretending to be an officer and telling him his daughter is unresponsive. Yeah...

Not sure there's any doubt about where the lack of class is in this scenario, and it isn't Beebe...

*I agree that he should have done something, and these hate mails aren't too uncommon. I am talking about something else however, which is that I'm disappointed that stuff was out there to begin with.

Oh come on. Nobody here is excusing the behavior of the drunken bafoons. They are bafoons after all and there is no story there. We could load our message boards with the stupid things sports fans have done after games. Beebe is a commissioner and this crap should be above him. Beebe has just slandered the entire Nebraska fanbase. That's not ok with me and it certainly shouldn't be ok with you Zoogies.

The real story here is not the usual stupid crap some idiot fans do it's that the commissioner has just 1-upped them with his refusal to even send a representative and cry to the media giving specific details about some emails/calls. CLEARLY an attempt to be the victim. If you need further convincing of how wrong Beebe is in all of this just read TO's comments on the issue.

Dan Beebe intentionally defamed the University of Nebraska, the Nebraska Cornhusker football team, and the Nebraska football fan base. These are the laughably unprofessional actions by a eunuch owned by Texas.

I do not feel anger, I feel pity for Mr. Beebe. He is the Medvedev to Texas's Putin.

I WILL feel anger if Harvey Pearlman doesn't stand up and defend this University like he darn well should. In light of his Benedict Arnold impersonation last week I'd sure like to see him publicly state that he supports the University of Nebraska football team, that he knows in his heart that the vast majority of NU fans are good and decent human beings, and that any attempt to paint the entire fan base and the entire state as one made up of violent derelicts is completely uncalled for, unjustifiable, incredibly offensive, and finally, again, woefully unprofessional.

That's what we'd like from you, Harvey. Stand up and defend our honor, because this guy (Beebe) just vilified and denigrated all of us. We don't deserve that, and I'd like you to hold him accountable.

"If I see you on the street, I'm going to hit you in the head with a bottle and stab you," he said.

I realize this phone message on Beebe's phone is in incredibly bad taste, reflects poorly on our fanbase, and probably breaks some law or regulation. But it is kind of funny.