UPDATED: Beebe not in Lincoln... Will hand over death threat e-mails to authorities

Nexus

"If there were a conspiracy, and if officials were involved, it would be easy to have a team lose just about every game possible," Beebe said. "That's a silly notion. Fans don't always think through things clearly. They have emotions on their sleeve."

Bebee's quote is actually pretty shocking if you think about it. Note that he did not say the notion of a conspiracy is false because the Conference has no animosity for Nebraska, respects the program, etc. Instead, he admits that "it would be easy"---HIS WORDS---for a Conference to affect the outcome of games. And his only proof that it is not occurring in this instance is because Nebraska has actually managed to win some games?

In other words, Bebee is basically saying that if the Conference wanted, it could make Nebraska go 0-8 in conference games.

Of course, it would take an obvious degree of officiating bias to make that happen to Nebraska. So the fact that Nebraska has won some games only goes to show that the Big 12 is not so stupid to wield its power to affect the outcome of games in a sloppy manner.

I am actually really surprised Bebee said this.

This is another jab from Beebe before Nebraskas move to the Big 10 and he'll take any sort of news that will publicly tarnish this University image and to lable us as the 'Bad Guy'.

It doesn't surprise me that some Husker fans would send out hate mail but to send out threating e-mails to the Commish is a little hard to believe since you would think these fans would know the consequences if indeed they did send out death threats. The worst that would've happened if Beebe showed up in Lincoln would've been 85+ thousand fans booing him and he knows this.

He just didn't want to hand us over the Big 12 North trophy which would've put a sour taste in his mouth.

Sean Callahan's twitter:

Pretty disturbing to hear that some Husker fans sent death threats to Dan Beebe and the Big 12 office. That's why he wasn't here.

LINK

Callahan ... I've heard that name somewhere ...

I think I have to call BS on Mr Beebe. If that is true, the FBI would be on this and it would've been national news.

I for one will not be buying into any of Mr. Beebe's conspiracy theories.

lol

I just saw this article and thought I would come over to see what you would be saying about it.

Guys I am not here to flame but just step back and take a look at the situation. People are telling him they want him dead! What about the stuff people were saying to his daughter, would you be happy if that was your daughter? Everybody on this board is laughing about it.

There is a good point in there. If there is really a fix in against you guys, why would you be able to keep winning and make it to the BIG 12 Championship Game?

I am just coming with an objective opinion, think about it.

I'm not doubting that there were threats made via e-mail. I also don't condone that type of behavior either. Every fanbase has their nutjobs, and Nebraska fans aren't exempt.

I think BigWillie made a valid point earlier by asking why it's okay to send a Big 12 officiating crew but it's not okay for Beebe or another Big 12 suit to show up for the trophy presentation? I have a hard time thinking that Harvey Perlman or Tom Osborne would allow Beebe or any other Big 12 official to be physically harmed while in Lincoln. There is a certain etiquette and protocol that goes along with situations like these.

All it would've took was a phone call from Beebe to Perlman or Osborne beforehand and the his safety would've been dealt with accordingly when he arrived in Lincoln.

"If there were a conspiracy, and if officials were involved, it would be easy to have a team lose just about every game possible," Beebe said. "That's a silly notion. Fans don't always think through things clearly. They have emotions on their sleeve."

Bebee's quote is actually pretty shocking if you think about it. Note that he did not say the notion of a conspiracy is false because the Conference has no animosity for Nebraska, respects the program, etc. Instead, he admits that "it would be easy"---HIS WORDS---for a Conference to affect the outcome of games. And his only proof that it is not occurring in this instance is because Nebraska has actually managed to win some games?

In other words, Bebee is basically saying that if the Conference wanted, it could make Nebraska go 0-8 in conference games.

Of course, it would take an obvious degree of officiating bias to make that happen to Nebraska. So the fact that Nebraska has won some games only goes to show that the Big 12 is not so stupid to wield its power to affect the outcome of games in a sloppy manner.

I am actually really surprised Bebee said this.

Agreed. The wording of this statement is rather interesting. He is stating they can affect games if they want. Whats to make us believe they havent now? Sure we made the B12 CCG but maybe that is in spite of their best efforts while trying to not make it obvious. There have been several instances in the last two years that make one think twice about it, starting with the b12 ccg last year. The amount of questionable series' of events that have transpired are too much to ignore at this point.

1) Last years ending to the CCG

2) Stats related to same ref crew in the UT, ISU, aTm games

3) Stats related to refing since we took control of the north agianst MU, not including the Gabbert fumble return and Helu fumble ruling in that game.

4) Suspension of Eric Martin

5) Beebes peculiar statement

6) Beebe not sending anyone to Lincoln to present trophy

7) Lets not forget the off season and how the B12 tried to blame us for the turmoil when UT was the one looking first and Beebe giving us the ultimadum.

I could go on and on, these are only the items i can think of off the top of my head. I am sure there is more. But it seems odd that all of this turmoil would follow one program without some sort of concerted effort.

Beebe can't come to Lincoln because of "death threats" over the internet give me a break, the Big 12 commissioner won't deliver the North trophy to Nebraska out of fear, Wow. If he thinks he's the only person ever to receive angry e-mails from fans and therefore makes the decision that he can't do his job well then maybe the Big 12 should look into going another direction. This is a guy who allowed a once respected Conference to fall apart and now is reminding Nebraska why we wanted to leave, Big 10 commish Jim Delaney would never do this, Michael Slive SEC commish would never do this, the problem isn't Nebraska it's Beebee. Do your job and don't whine about unruly fans and make excuses, he wouldn't last 2 years in the SEC give me a break.

Sean Callahan's twitter:

Pretty disturbing to hear that some Husker fans sent death threats to Dan Beebe and the Big 12 office. That's why he wasn't here.

LINK

Callahan ... I've heard that name somewhere ...

I think I have to call BS on Mr Beebe. If that is true, the FBI would be on this and it would've been national news.

I for one will not be buying into any of Mr. Beebe's conspiracy theories.

lol

I just saw this article and thought I would come over to see what you would be saying about it.

Guys I am not here to flame but just step back and take a look at the situation. People are telling him they want him dead! What about the stuff people were saying to his daughter, would you be happy if that was your daughter? Everybody on this board is laughing about it.

There is a good point in there. If there is really a fix in against you guys, why would you be able to keep winning and make it to the BIG 12 Championship Game?

Seriously, I appreciate your opinion and have thought about this myself. But here's the thing: Suppose we go on to lose the Big 12 Championship Game due to shoddy officiating. If we claim a conspiracy, Bebee will be able to point to the fact that we made it all the way to the game as evidence that there is no conspiracy. He'll say, with a devilish smile, "If I wanted to keep you from winning the trophy, wouldn't I have just prevented you from coming to the game in the first place?" Remember, the object of a conspiracy is to accomplish your goal without being caught doing it. So long as we don't take home the trophy, letting us get to the game is the best cover possible.

Preface: The (legitimate) threats are despicable and totally uncalled for. It's a game people...

I do not even want to fathom what the media is going to do with this. A small minority of fans has to go overboard so the Big 12 stereotypes the entire fanbase? Expecting a murder on the field? WTF. How many other coaches etc. get hate mail? This is getting just stupid. Why not just send a rep....or just the trophy. (didn't even know there was a division trophy) Hell Suh could have presented it to us for all I care! Just a media blitz on NU to make the Big 12 look like the victim. Sadly it will most likely work.

/facepalm

Nobody on this board (I think) condones death threats. But at the same time, death threats happen to lots and lots of people. You think Mack Brown or Greg Davis or Garrett Gilbert haven't gotten death threats? I'd be REALLY surprised. Tom Osborne got death threats at Nebraska, as he pointed out. Just about every black or asian or hispanic person on TV gets death threats from some psycho white supremecist. But Osborne, Brown, Davis, whoever - they all still show up to work every day, and their kids still went to school.

Not only was not showing up a cheap move, but so was making the death threats thing public. It's a public relations attack on the fan base that the media will run with, just because it's entertaining and controversial, even though everybody knows that EVERY fan base has these whackjobs in them. Any cheap politician could play the same card that Beebe is playing right now, and even they (most of them) don't stoop to that level.

Also: When Beebe decided not to come to Lincoln because of death threats, you know what he did? That's right. He let the terrorists win.

Did you notice this in the Beebe article: "If there were a conspiracy, and if officials were involved, it would be easy to have a team lose just about every game possible," Beebe said.

That shows he thought about it.

Nice how he managed to find THE ONE GUY who thought last week's game was fairly officiated. LOLZ!

Preface: The (legitimate) threats are despicable and totally uncalled for. It's a game people...

I do not even want to fathom what the media is going to do with this. A small minority of fans has to go overboard so the Big 12 stereotypes the entire fanbase? Expecting a murder on the field? WTF. How many other coaches etc. get hate mail? This is getting just stupid. Why not just send a rep....or just the trophy. (didn't even know there was a division trophy) Hell Suh could have presented it to us for all I care! Just a media blitz on NU to make the Big 12 look like the victim. Sadly it will most likely work.

/facepalm

The problem is the Media will run with this just because Beebe said it happened without actually asking to see the evidence. If it really happened and it were credible the Feds would be involved. Journalists dont do their job anymore, they are basically glorified bloggers that dont do any fact checking or demand any sort of accountability anymore. Until Beebe actually hands over these emails/voicemails to the authorities this should all be taken with a grain of salt. Read between the lines people.

I've been thinking about this a little bit more and how come Beebe didn't break this story a few days ago and wait till the day we played against Colorado to quite possibly win the North. If in fact he was getting death threats, why in the world wouldn't he announce it a few days ago like on Monday or even Tuesday?