UPDATED: Beebe not in Lincoln... Will hand over death threat e-mails to authorities

Nexus

I love Husker nation, but it wouldnt surprise me if some threatened him and thats too bad.

I am ready to be done with the Big 12 because it make sour fan base look worse and worse because we keep playing the "us against the world card"

I love Nebraska, but im ready for us to get a fresh start.

Perhaps you should consider a fan base more worthy of you like the Minnesota Gophers

I love Husker nation, but it wouldnt surprise me if some threatened him and thats too bad.

I am ready to be done with the Big 12 because it make sour fan base look worse and worse because we keep playing the "us against the world card"

Perhaps you should consider a fan base more worthy of you like the Minnesota Gophers

Lovely reaction.

You dont think Nebraska fans are overreacting?

Like i said, i love husker nation but they really think Beebe cares this much that he would hire refs to screw us?

Lovely reaction.

Like i said, i love husker nation but they really think Beebe cares this much that he would hire refs to screw us?

Touchy touchy touchy.

Oh, the guilt, the guilt, the guilt......

Lovely reaction.

Touchy touchy touchy.

Oh, the guilt, the guilt, the guilt......

What's your problem, he just said he wouldn't be surprised. Look at all the threads from last week and tell me that it would surprise you.

I realize every fanbase has their "kooks" for lack of a better word and I agree with Minnesota_husker that death threats is taking it too far. I fully expect the national media to jump on this story this week and blow it up for the world to see. I also expect our "best fans in college football" reputation to take another hit this week. It's unfortunate, but this too shall pass.

I realize every fanbase has their "kooks" for lack of a better word and I agree with Minnesota_husker that death threats is taking it too far. I fully expect the national media to jump on this story this week and blow it up for the world to see. I expect our "best fans in college football" reputation to take a further hit this week. It's unfortunate, but this too shall pass.

I'm afraind you may be right. Its been picked up by college football live, this will look bad for our fan base.

Link

and

Ubens blog about the issue

I realize every fanbase has their "kooks" for lack of a better word and I agree with Minnesota_husker that death threats is taking it too far. I fully expect the national media to jump on this story this week and blow it up for the world to see. I also expect our "best fans in college football" reputation to take another hit this week. It's unfortunate, but this too shall pass.

I don't disagree but I'm just not into group guilt trips over a few 3 sigma

looney-tunes.

Sean Callahan's twitter:

Pretty disturbing to hear that some Husker fans sent death threats to Dan Beebe and the Big 12 office. That's why he wasn't here.

LINK

Callahan ... I've heard that name somewhere ...

I think I have to call BS on Mr Beebe. If that is true, the FBI would be on this and it would've been national news.

I for one will not be buying into any of Mr. Beebe's conspiracy theories.

I agree with Callahan that it is disturbing to hear, it wouldnt necessary make national headlines especially if there was an investigation going on. I still think it was classless not to show up, he could have just asked for additional security. The fact is he could have easily been here if he wanted too, it was cowardly and classless, but what else do you expect from Bebe.

And I agree with TO... "I've said all I'm going to say. I've had all kinds of e-mails over the years. It's not a problem."

This type of thing happens everywhere (unfortunately). Why beebe felt the need to pile on right now I don't know. Clearly a pathetic move. This is equated to Niles Paul complaining to the media about some hecklers after the texas game except Niles is a student and beebe is the head of a conference. Time to grow up mr beebe.

"If there were a conspiracy, and if officials were involved, it would be easy to have a team lose just about every game possible," Beebe said.

Hmmm... Exactly how easy would it be? Easy enough to pick and choose a few games, but not too many to draw any attention??

"He thought it was a fairly officiated game," Beebe said, declining to name the person.

Well that answers that, we all got worked up over nothing!

"I want to say -- and I want this clear -- my experience with Nebraska and their fan base and their administrations has been tremendous," Beebe said. "I'm sorry that we're losing such an outstanding institution. I've had a great experience with Chancellor (Harvey) Perlman, and I appreciate what he's done on this whole issue, and what Tom Osborne and Bo Pelini have done about how they want the program to be conducted."

As much as I'm angry about the officiating in some games, and yes, I'm paranoid they're trying to screw us, I have to say its very nice of Beebe to say something like this despite receiving death threats.

I don't disagree but I'm just not into group guilt trips over a few 3 sigma

looney-tunes.

That's your prerogative. I'm not suggesting either/or.