Did Cody Green earn the start next week?

Sparker

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Green. With Taylor all Limpy McGimpy, your going to get about the same result with Cody. Without putting Taylor in further danger of injury.

Either way, we need to run the ball down their throats. Right, Dude? ;)

who ever gives us the best chance to win... but SW needs to pull out all the stops as im sure Oklahoma already has a huge folder on how to stop our run game.... we need to find a way to be more than one dimensional if possible... stick with what has worked but be prepared for Oklahoma be prepared... so change it up... throw in a few wrinkles... go Boise State.. .whatever it takes... dont save anything for this one in my opinion...

I say they need to prepare green to start in practice, if taylor is available he can play a role but we've seen him not 100% and it really wasn't pretty, i think a lot of people overlook the fact that cody is 4-0 as a starter at nebraska, maybe not against the best competition, but bottom line is this team has won everytime he's started the game.

We HAVE to start Cody Green at QB. I do not care if Martinez is even up to %85. If we play Martinez we are going to try the zone read crap that Oklahoma will just shut down in a heart beat. I also think a lot of the players don't really care for Martinez as a person either. I do not want to see us lose this game because of Martinez's attitude. I know Green didn't have a spectacular game by any means, but he got the job done and that is all we are asking for at this point. I believe he has a lot more confidence in himself after playing against Colorado and I feel as if the team and coaches do too. Cody Green is a hell of an athlete and there is a reason why he is playing Div. 1 football. I expect him to get the job done Saturday night.

• Fire 1

Even if Martinez isn't fully healthy they'll try the zone read sh#t with him and we'll get stuffed. I almost want Green to play because we'll stay away from that and game plan to his strengths. Ideally we will see no zone read this game.

i agree, TM would have to be 100% for the zone read to even have half a chance. we would be batter off if he did not play, because OU would stuff the ZR and Watson would piss away 10-12 plays calling it as well...better off to stay away and hey, i wonder if Wats might even open up the playbook?....nah, i wouldn't expect Christmas to come early...

They ran zone read with CG last week. They also have Rex run it out of the wildcat. We will see plenty of zone read no matter who plays QB.

A healthy Taylor is better than a healthy Green.

I noticed a couple times when they ran zone read, that Cody Green was wide open and should've taken it wide right. Each time he handed it to the RB and gained no yardage. I think they could've used that play a lot but maybe they are trying to save the wear and tear on one of NU's only healthy Qbs.

Taylor has good passing numbers and his yards per carry as a QB are off the charts compared to Cody Green.

Passing Glossary ▪ CSV ▪ PRE

Passing

Rk Player Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate

1 Taylor Martinez 97 163 59.5 1435 8.8 8.5 9 5 145.5

2 Cody Green 30 48 62.5 295 6.1 6.5 3 1 130.6

3 Zac Lee 11 20 55.0 102 5.1 5.1 0 0 97.8

4 Rex Burkhead 2 2 100.0 30 15.0 35.0 2 0 556.0

Rushing & Receiving Glossary ▪ CSV ▪ PRE

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage

Rk Player Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD

1 Roy Helu Jr. 166 1120 6.7 10 5 46 9.2 0 171 1166 6.8 10

2 Rex Burkhead 144 822 5.7 7 12 125 10.4 0 156 947 6.1 7

3 Taylor Martinez 134 974 7.3 12 134 974 7.3 12 7.3 yards per carry compared to 2.9 ypc. Taylor will get the nod.

4 Cody Green 34 98 2.9 1 34 98 2.9 1

5 Dontrayevous Robinson 24 67 2.8 0 1 8 8.0 0 25 75 3.0 0

6 Zac Lee 15 57 3.8 0 15 57 3.8 0

7 Austin Jones 14 58 4.1 1 14 58 4.1 1

8 Niles Paul 5 14 2.8 0 39 516 13.2 1 44 530 12.0 1

9 Tim Marlowe 2 14 7.0 0 2 14 7.0 0

10 Alex Henery 1 27 27.0 0 1 27 27.0 0

11 Lester Ward 1 2 2.0 0 1 2 2.0 0

12 Collins Okafor 1 2 2.0 0 1 2 2.0 0

13 Brandon Kinnie 40 455 11.4 5 40 455 11.4 5

14 Kyler Reed 17 323 19.0 6 17 323 19.0 6

15 Mike McNeill 14 250 17.9 1 14 250 17.9 1

16 Broekemeier 3 34 11.3 0 3 34 11.3 0

17 Ben Cotton 3 34 11.3 0 3 34 11.3 0

18 Will Henry 2 32 16.0 0 2 32 16.0 0

19 Jake Long 1 17 17.0 0 1 17 17.0 0

20 Ryan Hill 1 11 11.0 0 1 11 11.0 0

21 Quincy Enunwa 1 10 10.0 0 1 10 10.0 0

22 Tyler Legate 1 1 1.0 1 1 1 1.0 1

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/nebraska/2010.html

They ran zone read with CG last week. They also have Rex run it out of the wildcat. We will see plenty of zone read no matter who plays QB.

I noticed a couple times when they ran zone read, that Cody Green was wide open and should've taken it wide right. Each time he handed it to the RB and gained no yardage. I think they could've used that play a lot but maybe they are trying to save the wear and tear on one of NU's only healthy Qbs.

Noticed this too. If anything Green depended too much on RBs. Even so, I'd much rather that be the case because we all know both TM and Green have tendency to fumble, which is not the case with either Helu or Rex.

I am really tired of the excuses from the offensive coaches on the lack of production. Two offensive TDs in five losses is ridiculous - injuries or not. Come on, our defense almost scored more points than our offense in those five losses.

Injuries was the excuse last year and it's the excuse this year. What I find strange is how we can lose a whole LBing corps and have inexperienced players step in and make the defense work. Can someone explain this to me? You don't see Ekler or Carl crying because they have injured players. They look at what they have, make adjustments, and coach up other players to make the defense work. That's what good coaches do. It's quite evident that we don't have this on the offensive side of the ball.

Sorry, but someone has to be accountable for such a horrible offense when one player is out of the game. You can't go from scoring over 40 points every game to kicking a couple field goals because one player is out of the game. A drop in production is understandable, but give me a break.

As I said in another thread, it's a shame that it's going to take more losses in the future in order for a change to be made on that side of the ball. Bo should really be proactive and see the writing on the wall. Watson is nothing more than a below average (maybe average) offensive coordinator. His previously resume and statistics don't lie.

Of course, in his defense, I'm sure he had injuries all of those years too.

Taylor's not healthy.

Thank you captain obvious! Oh wait...that actually makes sense ;)

I am really tired of the excuses from the offensive coaches on the lack of production. Two offensive TDs in five losses is ridiculous - injuries or not. Come on, our defense almost scored more points than our offense in those five losses.

Injuries was the excuse last year and it's the excuse this year. What I find strange is how we can lose a whole LBing corps and have inexperienced players step in and make the defense work. Can someone explain this to me? You don't see Ekler or Carl crying because they have injured players. They look at what they have, make adjustments, and coach up other players to make the defense work. That's what good coaches do. It's quite evident that we don't have this on the offensive side of the ball.

Sorry, but someone has to be accountable for such a horrible offense when one player is out of the game. You can't go from scoring over 40 points every game to kicking a couple field goals because one player is out of the game. A drop in production is understandable, but give me a break.

As I said in another thread, it's a shame that it's going to take more losses in the future in order for a change to be made on that side of the ball. Bo should really be proactive and see the writing on the wall. Watson is nothing more than a below average (maybe average) offensive coordinator. His previously resume and statistics don't lie.

Of course, in his defense, I'm sure he had injuries all of those years too.

Watson is an injury of his own making......we will have to hit rock bottom in the Big 10 before he is ousted, too bad, but next year about now fans will be calling for his head.