Missouri Co-North Big 12 Champs?

husker_99

That's complete bull. I understand the Big Ten where you don't play every team but we beat them head to head there shouldn't be Co-North Division winners just because we have identical records. I was watching Missouri - Kansas game where they said this. I don't understand this when you have divisions and play every division team head to head. I didn't know they did this until today.

WTF did we get a trophy in 2008?

Yes. We were co-north champs in 2008, but they won the tie-breaker. Same thing this year, but we win the tie-breaker.

so since we have the tie breaker, how can they be co-champs? thats like saying the nebraska iowa st game was a tie, even though we won in overtime

The tie breaker determines who plays in the championship game, not who is actually champion.

that doesn't make any sense.

Being a co-champion is like winning a participation award. We won the north. We beat them and it was the best game top to bottom that we have played this year to date. They do not belong in the same sentence as us when it comes to football history and tradition, nor the present.

We are going to play for a Big 12 championship because we are the best team in the North, and we proved it this year on the field. We won the North. We are not co-champions, we are the Big 12 North Champions.

Are you sure they weren't hoisting up the Lamar Hunt Trophy? That's what the winner of the "Border War" wins.

I'm positive the Lamar Hunt trophy goes to the AFC Champions.

The winner of the border war receives the indian war drum.

They get the Indian War Druma and the Lamar Hunt Trophy (obviously a different one). The LHT is a more recent trophy designed after the death of Lamar Hunt, whose idea it was for MU/KU to be played in Arrowhead.

We are playing in Dallas.

We get a shot at a BCS bowl.

There still in the Big 12-2

They still have to wear bumble bee colors

They still play in Missouri

I would call us the winners in this circumstance.

+1 :laughpound

+2 :laughpound:laughpound

I'm from California (I won't bore you with why I'm a Nebraska fan, but I have been for all of my 50 years). I have visited family many times in Nebraska and it is a beautiful place. I have visited friends in Mizzery many times and it was the most mizzerable places I have ever been.

And those unis are GAWDAWFUL!!!

Nebraska 5-0 (in Big 12 North play)

Missouri 4-1 (in Big 12 North play)

How can there be division co-champions win you have only 1 team that is undefeated in division play? Doesn't make any sense to me. I could see if there were they were both 4-1 in the division, but that is not the case this year.

In the immortal words of Duncan MacLeod "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE"!!!!

That's complete bull. I understand the Big Ten where you don't play every team but we beat them head to head there shouldn't be Co-North Division winners just because we have identical records. I was watching Missouri - Kansas game where they said this. I don't understand this when you have divisions and play every division team head to head. I didn't know they did this until today.

WTF did we get a trophy in 2008?

Yes. We were co-north champs in 2008, but they won the tie-breaker. Same thing this year, but we win the tie-breaker.

so since we have the tie breaker, how can they be co-champs? thats like saying the nebraska iowa st game was a tie, even though we won in overtime

The tie breaker determines who plays in the championship game, not who is actually champion.

yeah but you get my point. you cant have co-champs of a division. that's why we have divisions.