Iowa St. Gameplan

TheKiD

Iowa State is currently T-57th in rushing defense and 8th in passing effeciency defense (44th in pass defense). Inexperienced quarterback.. not much synching in the passing game. Cory Ross buddy, sorry but 90% of the plays are going to you and probably Lucky, Jackson, and Glenn. If BC has Taylor try and pass on these guys.. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge.

Iowa State is currently T-57th in rushing defense and 8th in passing effeciency defense (44th in pass defense). Inexperienced quarterback.. not much synching in the passing game. Cory Ross buddy, sorry but 90% of the plays are going to you and probably Lucky, Jackson, and Glenn. If BC has Taylor try and pass on these guys.. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge.

Kid, tell me what bridge you're heading to in two weeks, and I'll lay down some matresses that hopefully you'll land on ;)

Foppa's Gameplan vs. ISU..

1) Give ISU's bus driver wrong directions to Lincoln.

2) Have ISU play the Prison team from the movie 'Unnecessary Roughness' for the 1st quarter.

3) Tell NU's O-Line that ISU molested all their sisters, mothers, and girlfriends the night before.

4) Whatever the play-call is, do the exact opposite.

5) LOTS of super glue.

6) No watching the offensive Broncos film of the Broncos vs. Chargers game that was played today. Seriously, are they copying NU, or is NU copying them???

7) The only time NU shifts is in their cars leaving the stadium after the game.

8) 'Yellow' is the name of a Coldplay song, is generally associated with a warning of some kind, and is found on bananas. It isn't a color you want to see on the field every other play.

9) Needing 10+ yards + throwing 3 yards = never getting first downs.

10) Executions are legal in prisons, third world countries, in the Taliban, and on third downs.

11) Just win, baby. :thumbs

You dont think Iowa st will put 8 in the box. :wtf

Iowa State is currently T-57th in rushing defense and 8th in passing effeciency defense (44th in pass defense).  Inexperienced quarterback.. not much synching in the passing game.  Cory Ross buddy, sorry but 90% of the plays are going to you and probably Lucky, Jackson, and Glenn.  If BC has Taylor try and pass on these guys.. I'm gonna go jump off a bridge.

You dont think Iowa st will put 8 in the box. :wtf

Well, if they start putting 8 in the box, and our receivers have single coverage down field.... well, then of course we have to pass there, and Iowa St. will give up some huge plays (provided our OL can hold for 2 seconds). Don't see them doing that. Taylor has shown that he CAN make passes when he has the opportunity. But we've gotta stick with a run first gameplan like we did against Pitt..... minus the penalties, and hopefully a bit less-lousy OL.

EDIT: BTW, any CHANCE that any of our OL reads HuskerBoard? I just though (after bashing the OL once again) that maybe we should give a bit of support for them? Dunno. Like a said, just a thought.

I think the only way we beat ISU is with special teams, defense and field goals. Can't believe that Jordon C will have another lousy kicking game like Pitt. I've given up on seeing Herian or Chris Brooks this year, SO - if we try to win with the existing passing attack, we will get blown out.

Not sure how many more games we can with 1 offensive TD per game.

I thought Taylor, for the most part, had plenty of time to throw vs Pitt. From what I saw, his receivers are not running good routes and are not getting open. I thought that our run game could open up the pass, but pitt only had to play single man coverage. If the offense can PREVENT the penalties vs. ISU, things should go a little better. Oops, I did I say PREVENT, the one thing I do not want to see against ISU.

i think that they need to just go four wide or three wide and use some draws and screens... then once they get a touchdown (hopefully) they can run the ball down their throat. they have to get taylor comfortable in the first half so he might be able to put together to solid halfs for the first time this season. the defense needs to play just as good as it did last week... its about the same from pitt just alil more lethal... blythe- lee, meyer-palko (both can make plays, one is just more mobile), and hicks-pitts shifty freshman back (hopefully they dont get hicks on the outside, it looks like if pitt would have done that they could have had a better shot to win... eventhough i dont know how much better of a shot u can get)

QUOTE (TheKiD @ Sep 18 2005, 06:15 PM)

hope youve got your bridge all picked out because its gonna happen.