What are some of your fondest memories of NU/OU

There are so many I hate to pick any out, but the 1971 game was one of them. Jeff Kinney running on that last touchdown drive. I don't know how many plays they had on that drive but it seems to me he had the ball on at least 75 percent of the time. He was a warrior.

The game in 1983. Mike Rozier gained 205 yards against a pretty good defense. In my opinion, he was the best back Nebraska ever had. On paper, he wasn't the greatest back we ever had, don't know for sure his 40 yard time, I think it was 4.5, his vertical jump wasn't as good as some, but, as they said back then, he carried his suit well. I can never recall him being run down from behind. He was as tough as nails. I will never forget how he would take his forearm and damn neart tear off the head of the man attempting to tackle him. He was tough. Someone said he would bite you in the face as he was going down. I don't care how many tests they have for athletic ability, it all comes down to what they do. We need a back like him again.

• Fire 2

My first Husker game was the 1978 game when T.O. got the gorilla off his back by beating the Sooners 17-14. My only regret was we missed the Ruud hit on Phelps. Me and my cousin left our seats (in the endzone where the hit occurred) to see the team walk under the stadium and into the locker room at halftime. Forgive me, I was 11 years old.

After the game, my grandfather gave me my first beer and the rest, as they say, is history. I've been a beer drinking, Husker fan ever since.

There are a lot of great memories and plays being shared on this thread. All of the posts are good, and each time I read one and say "oh yeah, that was a great play or game", the next post is just as good or better. It just goes to show how great the rivalry has been between these two teams, and that it takes two great teams to make a great rivalry.

After reading all of the posts listed so far, an underlying story has also developed. This rivalry game has brought so many people together for everything that makes NEBRASKA VS. OKLAHOMA so special. But maybe, at least for me even more important is how it has brought back memories of spending time with family members and loved ones, even if for a few hours to enjoy the excitement that this game brings. So here's to the game :cheers that has brought all of us so many great memories that make this game so special. But more importantly IMO here's to all of the great memories about to be made tomorrow while spending time with family, friends, and the ones that we love. That my friends, is what this game and being a CORNHUSKER fan is all about.

Here's hoping that the time spent tomorrow with those who are special, create memories that are as long lasting as the tradition that is.....

NEBRASKA VS. OKLAHOMA, GO BIG RED BEAT O.U.!

• Fire 3

I recall going to a game in the early '80s and it was cold as hell, Dad took me as I was only 11 or 12 at the time and I recall joking about selling the tickets and going home to watch the game on TV. We did go and the hukers won, after that it was a trip to Valentinos to enjoy. Great football and memory with Dad. We not live 2000 miles apart but once a year we get together to go to a game.

He is in Minneapolis so next year we will go see the game in "The Vault" (The name for TCF stadium were the gophers play) we will still go to Lincoln frequently but plan to tour the big 10 stadiums.

• Fire 3

There are a lot of great memories and plays being shared on this thread. All of the posts are good, and each time I read one and say "oh yeah, that was a great play or game", the next post is just as good or better. It just goes to show how great the rivalry has been between these two teams, and that it takes two great teams to make a great rivalry.

After reading all of the posts listed so far, an underlying story has also developed. This rivalry game has brought so many people together for everything that makes NEBRASKA VS. OKLAHOMA so special. But maybe, at least for me even more important is how it has brought back memories of spending time with family members and loved ones, even if for a few hours to enjoy the excitement that this game brings. So here's to the game :cheers that has brought all of us so many great memories that make this game so special. But more importantly IMO here's to all of the great memories about to be made tomorrow while spending time with family, friends, and the ones that we love. That my friends, is what this game and being a CORNHUSKER fan is all about.

Here's hoping that the time spent tomorrow with those who are special, create memories that are as long lasting as the tradition that is.....

NEBRASKA VS. OKLAHOMA, GO BIG RED BEAT O.U.!

Man, that's good stuff right there! :yeah I've been thinking so much about the game it's easy to loose sight of what's really important. You just hit the nail on the head. No question I want the Huskers to DOMINATE the sooners, but I'm looking forward to watching the game via. internet and satellite with friends and family (due to my location). Good reply and like you I hope everyone here enjoys; and here Sir, is to you :cheers and yours. GBR!

• Fire 1

If only a lot of the young pups on this board were able to have experienced this rivalry in the 80's the Crouch catch becomes that much greater. Everytime we go to Memorial Stadium my dad still points out where Billy Sims fumbled and where he was sitting. EVERYTIME. I didn't get to witness these games in the 70's, but was brought up with the stories. The 80's were great. Osborne, Switzer, Halloway, the Sandman, the Triplets, Keith Jackson, Steve Taylor, and F'ing Sooner Magic, I could go on for days. It was such a fever pitch, that the rest of the schedule hardly ever mattered.

If only a lot of the young pups on this board were able to have experienced this rivalry in the 80's the Crouch catch becomes that much greater. Everytime we go to Memorial Stadium my dad still points out where Billy Sims fumbled and where he was sitting. EVERYTIME. I didn't get to witness these games in the 70's, but was brought up with the stories. The 80's were great. Osborne, Switzer, Halloway, the Sandman, the Triplets, Keith Jackson, Steve Taylor, and F'ing Sooner Magic, I could go on for days. It was such a fever pitch, that the rest of the schedule hardly ever mattered.

Great examples and all great plays it's good to remind the younger fans this has been going on for a while. My favorite you mentioned is that they're all shared with your Dad. Nebraska football truly is a family thing.

For me it was last years game. Sitting (standing) in the student section, we were louder than we have been all year. I agree with the electricity in the air with that game. I have watched some great games NU/OU games in the past but not in person. That one will always will be the one I remember. I jumped around so much on the aluminum seats, I think I broke a bone in my foot. Seriously though my foot hurt for a couple months after that game. But it was worth every second. GO BIG RED till the end baby