Demarco Murray injury

wilber24

Everybody seems to think without Demarco, their run game will suffer. But watching the Bedlam game, Finch seems to be a very capable runner. And lets not forget Mossis Madu. They're definitely not hurting for RB's.

The fact that they had the lead in the last three minutes against Oklahoma State and were passing suggests to me that without Murray they're not confident in the run game.

You, living in Oklahoma, are a little closer to the situation than I am, so feel free to tell me I'm wrong. :)

They're very high on Finch down here it seems. And judging by what I seen in the Bedlam game, I have to think he's going to be a very good RB at OU. As a freshman, he's only played in the last 7 games of the season. And though his numbers aren't staggering (361yds net) his yards lost is only 14 so he seems to be the type of back who isn't going to lose a lot of yardage on runs. A quick glance it also appears he's teetering around the 5 ypc average. His worse game came against aTm. I think this kid is going to a pretty good RB for OU.

The biggest place Boomer would be hurt if Murray can't go would be their pass protection. Murray is very good at blitz pickups and a hell of a receiver out of the backfield. With the blitzes that Bo and Carl can dial up a Murrayless Boomer backfield becomes very vulnerable.

My money however, is he plays.

This. Murray is very good as a blocker and receiver.

I can imagine lot's of the same types of posts about T. Mart. on the Sooners websites. How bad is he hurt, will he play, all of that.

The fact is that without a doubt this is a no-holds-bared game and each team wants this one bad. So I think no matter what player(s) get in the game, their going to leave it all out on the field. It could be wishful thinking, but I truly think that this could end up being a true N.U.-O.U. classic. I can imagine that behind closed locker room doors and on practice fields this week, the two teams are gathered round' as their coaches remind them of the history, tradition, honor, and all that is at steak, whenever N.U. & O.U. meet. Because whether your a walk-on or an All-American, has been or never was, rabid fan or passer by, this is N.U. vs. O.U. baby! And that my friends simply can't be ignored. If your not feelin' this one, someone needs to check your pulse..

So here's to another classic,

:bigredn:GO BIG RED BEAT OU! :bigredn:

The hit he took on that knee was not good. he stayed down for a long time and he didn't return.

I would say he is 50/50 and if he isn't 100 percent they will not play him. Too much on the line.

I think with him being a Senior, NFL Scouts possibly looking at him and the Combine coming up, he may not risk further injury to his knee. I would be surprised if he plays.

True, good be a good ole game of mis-information.

Story on Finch is that he has not learned to cut back much. Wants to run to the sidelines and outrun everybody.

Diamond formation could be a little troublesome.

Looks like a backwards wishbone!

I think Finch is gonna be a stud. I think Murray will play, he might not get a ton of snaps but enough to be effective.

the diamond formation could bring some trouble for us..... I wish we would adopt something like that, it could really confuse defenses.

I'd rather play them at their best. I hate hearing crap about fraudulent wins <_<

I'm drinkin' that Kool-Aid. I want to crush them beat them with their best. No excuses, flat out spank' dat' A$$!!

CAN.. YOU.. DIG.. IT!!!!!

Hell I'll dig it, put it in, say a prayer, and put dirt on it. And kindly ask for some of that Kool-Aid your sippin' on if I may kind Sir.