injury report?

melscott62

Pelini could play two quarterbacks in Big 12 title game

CBSSports.com wire reports

Nov. 29, 2010

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Coach Bo Pelini doesn't know, or isn't saying, who'll be the starting quarterback when No. 13 Nebraska plays No. 10 Oklahoma on Saturday in the Big 12 Championship Game.

Backup Cody Green has started two games since Taylor Martinez sprained his right ankle against Missouri on Oct. 30. Martinez, who also has a turf toe injury on his left foot, didn't take a snap in last week's win over Colorado.

Pelini said Monday that Martinez's status is "day to day." He said it's possible both quarterbacks would play against the Sooners.

Green said he doesn't let the uncertainty bother him. He said he approaches each practice with the attitude that he'll be the starter the next game.

What's our record in games without a named starter? I hate that. Cody Green says he's treating it like he'll be the starter, and that's good, but what about the rest of the team? Hopefully they know who it is, but just don't want OU to know, otherwise I think it's a less than ideal situation for the team.

QB Martinez takes 'a couple reps'

Posted by: Steve Sipple on November 29, 2010 at 6:45PM CST

Nebraska quarterback Taylor Martinez "took a couple reps" during Monday's practice, head coach Bo Pelini said.

"He did all right," the coach said.

Asked if Martinez is bothered more by his right ankle sprain or turf toe on his left foot, Pelini said, "It's a combination."

Pelini indicated that a decision on the position may not be made until Saturday.

Martinez, a redshirt freshman, has been injured since the second quarter of the Oct. 30 Missouri game. Sophomore Cody Green since has started two games, including Friday's victory over Colorado.

Meanwhile, sophomore defensive end Cameron Meredith, who suffered an ankle sprain in second quarter Friday, practiced well Monday, Pelini said.

"We're in really good shape healthwise, about where you'd think you'd be," he said.

I would hope that Martinez would suck it up and play in the game....But im still behind Cody Green, and if gets the start I will cheer for him!! I would like to also see Zac Lee play some if he gets the chance. Cameron should be good to play though.

Not with turf toe. Sounds minor, but it's taken down some of the toughest guys in the NFL for weeks. Seems to linger forever.

I would hope that Martinez would suck it up and play in the game....But im still behind Cody Green, and if gets the start I will cheer for him!! I would like to also see Zac Lee play some if he gets the chance. Cameron should be good to play though.

Not with turf toe. Sounds minor, but it's taken down some of the toughest guys in the NFL for weeks. Seems to linger forever.

Its comparable to gout for those of us who had that. Except due to injury and not uric acid build up

and i suspect the TT on the left foot was developed due to favoring the right ankle...they should have let him rest and not played in the KU game.

Bo is always trying to diminish the extent of an injury...he did it to Helu last year too, calling him out on toughness (when he injured his shoulder), Pelini isn't very smart when it comes to asking his guys to playing hurt.

Pretty sure this bothered Ahman Green his whole Sophomore year.