Anyone enjoy the bad publicity we are getting

I was just on here tonight reading some of the articles written vastly over stating the bad conduct of our players and coach. The more i read the more i began to realize i kinda like this. Now don't get me wrong i feel like football should be played in the fairest sense possible, however i am so sick and tired of fighting all this sh#t we are taking. I go to a small college in California and even here, when wearing my nebraska shirt or husker basketball shorts I get comments about being a dirty team and having a classless coach. Today i finally stopped fighting it. I finally snapped a little today after the 7th or 8th time someone said something. I think its time for us just for this week to embrace that bad boy attitude a little bit and go out there and absolutely wipe the field with the sooners. I don't wanna see anything Cortland Finnegan vs ANdre Johnson out there, but i tell you what i will support all the chippy and aggressive behavior displayed by our team this Saturday. I don't want us to turn into the U of the 80's but maybe a nice accent of that attitude wouldn't hurt. Its like a divorce, might as well take the house, kids, dog, and artwork while your leaving....just my two sense at 2 am on a monday night while doing some projects and chewing on a fatty of Cope. GBR!!!!!!!!! :bonesflag:

• Fire 1

I am sure that Bo and company will have the team fired up and focused.

I would Love it if we get the ball first and drive 80 yards on smash mouth in your face rushes that take 12 plays and 7 minutes to score. Setting the tone that we are here to fight to the end, are you prepared for the same.

And if they get the ball first, we get a 3 and out or a turnover and then result to the smash mouth football.

Lets take this last dance and own the floor

:bonesflag::throwdabones1::bonesflag:

I would Love it if we get the ball first and drive 80 yards on smash mouth in your face rushes that take 12 plays and 7 minutes to score. Setting the tone that we are here to fight to the end, are you prepared for the same.

And if they get the ball first, we get a 3 and out or a turnover and then result to the smash mouth football.

:corndance

since you mentioned dancing :corndance

• Fire 1

:corndance

since you mentioned dancing :corndance

LOL good one

Last time I checked football was a physical sport played with anger and raw emotion. My pee wee coach called me everything but a white kid.

Politcal correctness and people getting soft are spoiling this game. Play the game. Play it hard, tough, and with everything you got... and oh ya... BRING THE PAIN... its football!

• Fire 3

Last time I checked football was a physical sport played with anger and raw emotion. My pee wee coach called me everything but a white kid.

Politcal correctness and and people getting soft are spoiling this game. Play the game. Play it hard, tough, and with everything you got... and oh ya... BRING THE PAIN... its football!

I think we can all agree there is a difference between bringing the pain and playing cheep....the whole point of this post is to bring the pain as much as the black and white rules apply and push the grey area as much as possible

No, I'm not enjoying it. We are being misrepresented and it irks me. I will not embrace bad press when good press is both factually more accurate and just as easy to write. The articles written about us are lazy and exhibit poor professionalism from journalists. I have a hard time accepting that.

Look at their audience tho? they write for their core audience

Politcal correctness and and people getting soft are spoiling this game. Play the game. Play it hard, tough, and with everything you got... and oh ya... BRING THE PAIN... its football!

Agreed. All of which can, and should, be done with class, with dignity, and while projecting a very positive image. Unfortunately, right now... NU is not where it needs to be in terms of class, dignity and providing a positive image. The bad reputation we are receiving comes, primarily, from perceptions associated with Pelini(s). It is too bad... hopefully this changes with time as Bo matures into his leadership role.

But,yes... play hard, rough and violent ... just do it and coach it the right way.

NU being the villains is just odd.

Glad this thread is here. The KC media is getting old. They are just going after our fanbase. I stopped listening as it's getting really pathetic. I actually was tempted to try to call in and set these dbags straight but they know what they're doing. They're taking every shot they can. Right now the Texas media and Beebe are spinning things so much that the National media is beginning to kinda mimic some things and all the old KSU, CU, MU, and even KU fans now have an excuse (painted and made up as it's been) besides their jealousy to hate us.

Glad this thread is here. The KC media is getting old. They are just going after our fanbase. I stopped listening as it's getting really pathetic. I actually was tempted to try to call in and set these dbags straight but they know what they're doing. They're taking every shot they can. Right now the Texas media and Beebe are spinning things so much that the National media is beginning to kinda mimic some things and all the old KSU, CU, MU, and even KU fans now have an excuse (painted and made up as it's been) besides their jealousy to hate us.

They are, with a vengeance. And what's stupid about it is that Missouri media, who was gung-ho for leaving the Big XII last Spring, is helping Beebe and Texas carry that banner.

What a pack of fools! They beg the Big 10 to take them because they so desperately covet membership, basically spitting in the face of the Big XII. That plan falls through, so what do they do? As a fan base and a media base, they ONCE AGAIN throw their lot in with Texas and Beebe.

At this point I see these fools as desperate shipwreck survivors, clinging to that last bit of flotsam and jetsam floating on the current, afraid to let go and swim for open water. This will not end well for these guys, no way in hell.