Anyone enjoy the bad publicity we are getting

Last time I checked football was a physical sport played with anger and raw emotion. My pee wee coach called me everything but a white kid.

Politcal correctness and and people getting soft are spoiling this game. Play the game. Play it hard, tough, and with everything you got... and oh ya... BRING THE PAIN... its football!

Agreed. All of which can, and should, be done with class, with dignity, and while projecting a very positive image. Unfortunately, right now... NU is not where it needs to be in terms of class, dignity and providing a positive image. The bad reputation we are receiving comes, primarily, from perceptions associated with Pelini(s). It is too bad... hopefully this changes with time as Bo matures into his leadership role.

But,yes... play hard, rough and violent ... just do it and coach it the right way.

NU being the villains is just odd.

Bo Pelini could be an angel for the rest of his career, he's never going to lose the tag of being an out of control, abusive, ref-hater. The media likes that tag, and when they combine it with betrayal and death threats and whatever else they want to, they have a lot more fun writing about that then they do the style of football we play, or the types of kids we have on our team. Who cares what other people think of our program? We know that under the direction of Coach Pelini, things are being done the right way.

Last time I checked football was a physical sport played with anger and raw emotion. My pee wee coach called me everything but a white kid.

Politcal correctness and and people getting soft are spoiling this game. Play the game. Play it hard, tough, and with everything you got... and oh ya... BRING THE PAIN... its football!

Agreed. All of which can, and should, be done with class, with dignity, and while projecting a very positive image. Unfortunately, right now... NU is not where it needs to be in terms of class, dignity and providing a positive image. The bad reputation we are receiving comes, primarily, from perceptions associated with Pelini(s). It is too bad... hopefully this changes with time as Bo matures into his leadership role.

But,yes... play hard, rough and violent ... just do it and coach it the right way.

NU being the villains is just odd.

Bo Pelini could be an angel for the rest of his career, he's never going to lose the tag of being an out of control, abusive, ref-hater. The media likes that tag, and when they combine it with betrayal and death threats and whatever else they want to, they have a lot more fun writing about that then they do the style of football we play, or the types of kids we have on our team. Who cares what other people think of our program? We know that under the direction of Coach Pelini, things are being done the right way.

Well... certainly anyone who graduated from NU (like myself) would rather our institution be viewed positively in every possible sense --- that only makes sense. Since the state, at some level, is represented by the university --- and the university by the football team --- then Nebraskans, in general, ought to care how the team, the university and the state are viewed.

As to KNOWING that Bo is doing things right? How do we "know" this to be the case? Unless you are on the team and see the inner workings, it is somewhat tough to "know" how it is being done. As outsiders, so to speak... all we can get are impressions. And --- as impressions go, our coach has berated players on the sidelines, has dropped F-bombs all over the place and has thrown repeated 13-year-old hissy-fit temper tantrums on national TV. In fact, the majority of the negative view from the outside world is, seemingly, related to Bo's conduct (other things too... but Bo is the main contributor)....

I do not "know" if things are being done right. I'm not on the inside. That said, the outside indicators are that things --- at least a subset of things --- are being done is a way that has really hurt the reputation of our team, our school and our state. That hardly seems to be "the right way."

I was just on here tonight reading some of the articles written vastly over stating the bad conduct of our players and coach. The more i read the more i began to realize i kinda like this. Now don't get me wrong i feel like football should be played in the fairest sense possible, however i am so sick and tired of fighting all this sh#t we are taking. I go to a small college in California and even here, when wearing my nebraska shirt or husker basketball shorts I get comments about being a dirty team and having a classless coach. Today i finally stopped fighting it. I finally snapped a little today after the 7th or 8th time someone said something. I think its time for us just for this week to embrace that bad boy attitude a little bit and go out there and absolutely wipe the field with the sooners. I don't wanna see anything Cortland Finnegan vs ANdre Johnson out there, but i tell you what i will support all the chippy and aggressive behavior displayed by our team this Saturday. I don't want us to turn into the U of the 80's but maybe a nice accent of that attitude wouldn't hurt. Its like a divorce, might as well take the house, kids, dog, and artwork while your leaving....just my two sense at 2 am on a monday night while doing some projects and chewing on a fatty of Cope. GBR!!!!!!!!! :bonesflag:

Yes, bc USC's coach, uh I mean snake, is the definition of class and integrity. All those ppl prob. jumped of the USC bandwagon and are riding Stanford's coat tails now. Who cares what those people think, their program is on probation.

tumblr_la0258dJVO1qzmm04o1_500.gif[

Yummy yummy, you guys. The tears of unfathomable sadness.”

Hehehe Love the South Park reference! ha-ha-ha-ha-ha I made you eat your parents!

Back to football, people only write nasty things about your program when you're winning. The number of people who gave a rat's a$$ about Callahan giving a throat slash to a referee is nothing compared to Bo's constant howling. If we were winning games back during throat-slash gate, we all would have been slammed by the media. "The coach is out of control and threatened to kill an official and the fans and players agree and are equally as dirty and the whole state of Nebraska wants to slash everyone's throat and now nobody wants to visit the state of Nebraska...." that would have been the media spin job on it. Much like we're seeing now.

I don't enjoy it, but I laugh at the d-bags who write this stuff and then laugh at the ig'nants who are dumb enough to eat it all up (see Missouri).