They Think They Are gonna smoke NU

I say let everyone in the Big12 rally around the Sooners all they want to in order to spite the red turncoats. That all adds pressure to OU and they haven't played well under pressure lately. They also haven't played well at Arlington. I watched the 2000 and 2006 games with OU today -- we are WAY better now on BOTH sides of the ball. Watching Crouch was eerily similar to watching Martinez. I don't recall if Crouch was healthy in 2000 -- but they shut him down hard, especially in the 2nd half. In 2006 our offense was absolutely atrocious. I'm feeling pretty good about this game. 34-6 Huskers.

I am a die hard Nebraska fan but go to the University of Oklahoma. I'm in my 4th year here and am on campus daily. The feel I get from my peers is that OU is definitely going to win, and plenty of my friends have already bought their tickets to the bowl game and are readily expecting it to be the Fiesta Bowl. So I definitely have to second the opinion Oklahoma fans around the Norman area think they are going to smoke NU.

Personally, I am feeling very uneasy about the game. I will be sitting with my Nebraska stuff on in the OU student section, and that alone should be interesting! Green starting + Big 12 refs giving us a goodbye present seems to be a recipe for disaster.

Is there any hope?

We have to keep it in perspective. Any outcome is possible. Really it is. But OU just scored points on a horrible (we threw for 5 TD's!) OSU defense. They did about the same job against OSU's offense as we did but weeden and blackmon were gimpy Saturday. I'm curious to see if Bo doubles their wideout stud like he did shipley in last year's CCG.

I think the OU fans have their blinders on. This OU team is good but not several scores better than Nebraska. This is a dog fight barring a slew of early turnovers by us.

Well, everyone thinks highly of their team, it is pretty normal. Should be a good game, odds are you will lose, but those are pretty close odds, so I plan to enjoy watching what I think will be a good game. Not many of those involving my favorite team of late.

i read somewhere and i agree that the no huddle kinda worries ... i forgot the game but some team ran a hurry up offense this year for a bit and it gave us trouble... sure the coaches are on it but it still worries me......

It was Oklahoma State running it against NU.

thank you!! right i know we won that game but it did put us in some spots that made us all a little uneasy..... dont want us to lose lead or fall into a hole just cause arent prepared... but i trust the defensive coaches will get us more prepared than what we say in that game.....

another thing is with the speed of the okalahoma offense i hope we can sustain some long drives and limit the 3 and outs to give our guys some rest.....

Statistically the game plays right into our strengths.

Landry Jones has a passer rating of 146.4, which is good but not elite (23rd nationally).

Plus you have to take into account that he's played some really terrible pass defenses:

95. Cincinnati

105. Utah St.

109. Colorado

114. Baylor

115. Oklahoma St.

120. Texas Tech

That's half of the schedule right there.

Most OU fans probably thought he played a great game against OSU because of the huge yardage. But if you take out the easy toss for 77 yards against a Poke D that couldn't afford to give up a first down and therefore sold out for the run, Landry's day equates to a 119 passer rating. That's actually poor (think Jacory Harris at 88th nationally), and especially poor considering how bad OSU's pass D has been this year.

I'm not denying that he's had some great moments, but also some really ugly ones (the pick six against OSU). You can't afford ugly ones against Nebraska's defense, especially if the game is as low-scoring as most expect. Bo's been pretty good about scheming for big games like this. They won't let Landry get comfortable. The only thing we can't afford is getting beat deep. And we are better against a Broyles type (slot, over-the-middle guy) than a Blackmon type (big, outside deep threat). It'll just be up to Watson and the offense to put up 17-20 points. I think it's attainable considering this OU defense is not what it's been in years past.

• Fire 1

Statistically the game plays right into our strengths.

Landry Jones has a passer rating of 146.4, which is good but not elite (23rd nationally).

Plus you have to take into account that he's played some really terrible pass defenses:

95. Cincinnati

105. Utah St.

109. Colorado

114. Baylor

115. Oklahoma St.

120. Texas Tech

That's half of the schedule right there.

Most OU fans probably thought he played a great game against OSU because of the huge yardage. But if you take out the easy toss for 77 yards against a Poke D that couldn't afford to give up a first down and therefore sold out for the run, Landry's day equates to a 119 passer rating. That's actually poor (think Jacory Harris at 88th nationally), and especially poor considering how bad OSU's pass D has been this year.

I'm not denying that he's had some great moments, but also some really ugly ones (the pick six against OSU). You can't afford ugly ones against Nebraska's defense, especially if the game is as low-scoring as most expect. Bo's been pretty good about scheming for big games like this. They won't let Landry get comfortable. The only thing we can't afford is getting beat deep. And we are better against a Broyles type (slot, over-the-middle guy) than a Blackmon type (big, outside deep threat). It'll just be up to Watson and the offense to put up 17-20 points. I think it's attainable considering this OU defense is not what it's been in years past.

good find

i read somewhere and i agree that the no huddle kinda worries ... i forgot the game but some team ran a hurry up offense this year for a bit and it gave us trouble... sure the coaches are on it but it still worries me......

It was Oklahoma State running it against NU.

thank you!! right i know we won that game but it did put us in some spots that made us all a little uneasy..... dont want us to lose lead or fall into a hole just cause arent prepared... but i trust the defensive coaches will get us more prepared than what we say in that game.....

another thing is with the speed of the okalahoma offense i hope we can sustain some long drives and limit the 3 and outs to give our guys some rest.....

Iowa State ran no-huddle against us and did as much damage as anyone but Okie State. Their QB, Austin Arnaud, not exactly a Heisman candidate, was better than anyone against us: 21 of 32 passing for 203 yards. (Weeden was 18 of 35 for 283, with 80 of that on one play.) Dennard was out the ISU game and they picked on his subs. Still, OU destroyed ISU.