Oklahoma vs Prince

gin_32

I don't really understand the OP, but since Prince is about 12 games overdue for an interception, I say go ahead throw his way... Just tempt fate one more time...

Prince = this year's Matt O'Hanlon

I appreciate what you are trying to say here. And Ohanlon had plenty of picks.... but Matt doesnt hold a candle to Prince. Many of Matt's picks were gift wrapped.

I can only assume he brought up O'Hanlon because he had 3 picks last year against OU. I don't think he was comparing their overall talents.

Let them try in Ubbens article breaking down the big 12 players of the year, he brought up a stat. Prince has been thrown to this year 40 times, 11 were completed and 5 of those completions were to Blackmon. Other than the best reciver in the nation attepts to throw to prince are 6 for 35 good luck with that.

broyles will be every bit of a test for prince as blackmon was, although his style is a bit different, you cant argue with his stats. last i saw he had something like 15 more receptions than blackmon, albeit less touchdowns and slightly fewer total yards. im hoping they do test him as well, as broyles and landry generally are of the more dink and dunk type, maybe something prince will have a better time jumping.

i simply believe that there is going to be a little more whiteknuckling for us as fans with prince than usual. the biggest reason may very well be those damn yellow hankies- those short routes broyles excels at are going to play into the very epitome of Bo and Prince's aggressive nature.

Dont forget that blackmon missed a game when he got suspended. I'm not sure if broyles has missed any time...

Let them try in Ubbens article breaking down the big 12 players of the year, he brought up a stat. Prince has been thrown to this year 40 times, 11 were completed and 5 of those completions were to Blackmon. Other than the best reciver in the nation attepts to throw to prince are 6 for 35 good luck with that.

broyles will be every bit of a test for prince as blackmon was, although his style is a bit different, you cant argue with his stats. last i saw he had something like 15 more receptions than blackmon, albeit less touchdowns and slightly fewer total yards. im hoping they do test him as well, as broyles and landry generally are of the more dink and dunk type, maybe something prince will have a better time jumping.

i simply believe that there is going to be a little more whiteknuckling for us as fans with prince than usual. the biggest reason may very well be those damn yellow hankies- those short routes broyles excels at are going to play into the very epitome of Bo and Prince's aggressive nature.

Dont forget that blackmon missed a game when he got suspended. I'm not sure if broyles has missed any time...

Broyles has not missed any time, but I would put Blackmon ahead of Broyles. Not only because of size, but overall athletic ability.

A major reason that the NU secondary is going to give OU fits is their ability to play press coverage. OU runs a lot of quick WR routes and screens, essentially long handoffs, that pad that astronomical number of pass attempts that you see for Jones. Prince plays ON the line of scrimmage in a way that I've never seen any other CB. He's able to do this and not get beat deep, which is phenomenal.

This is also what makes him so effective in run support on sweeps as well. OU is going to have to trade in their horizontal passing game for a power run game, or else our CBs will end up with a pick 6.

A major reason that the NU secondary is going to give OU fits is their ability to play press coverage. OU runs a lot of quick WR routes and screens, essentially long handoffs, that pad that astronomical number of pass attempts that you see for Jones. Prince plays ON the line of scrimmage in a way that I've never seen any other CB. He's able to do this and not get beat deep, which is phenomenal.

This is also what makes him so effective in run support on sweeps as well. OU is going to have to trade in their horizontal passing game for a power run game, or else our CBs will end up with a pick 6.

Good point, I remember the very first play in the CCG against Texas last year. A quick WR screen to James Kirkendoll, and Prince just blew that play up.

I think OU's passing stats are misleading. Remember that OSU has a very balanced attack. Some of Blackmon's potential plays are being eaten up by Kendall Hunter runs. OU throws more than OSU, so I would expect Broyles' raw numbers to be higher: he's had more bites at the apple.

Actually I think Hunter's ability to loosen up the defense makes it easier for Blackmon to put up numbers. Without Hunter he may have more passes thrown at him but he may have more double teams put on him.

Speaking of I think Bo will bring safety help to double up on Broyles...especially if Murray isn't 100%.

I don't really understand the OP, but since Prince is about 12 games overdue for an interception, I say go ahead throw his way... Just tempt fate one more time...

I appreciate what you are trying to say here. And Ohanlon had plenty of picks.... but Matt doesnt hold a candle to Prince. Many of Matt's picks were gift wrapped.

I can only assume he brought up O'Hanlon because he had 3 picks last year against OU. I don't think he was comparing their overall talents.

ur right.. i had a 1 am brain fart

ur right.. i had a 1 am brain fart

pics don't play into his one on one coverage, he is more about providing smothering coverage and sure tackles, but he has been beaten several times this season, play out on an island long enough and it will happen.

Neither team will have an advantage when it comes the the Broyles vs Prince/Alfonzo match up. Ryan will make catches, and get yards; he's just too good. Where NU will have to win this game is with Hagg, Gomes, David, Cassidy, Osbourne making plays on the other threats. Ou is very similar to OSU with the stud (Blackmon) and a nice, but not spectacular compliment around him. Make no mistake, OU has good athletes, but only one Broyles. If the under guys (Hagg, Gomes, David) are able to cover up the slots/TE's for OU, we'll be able to get pressure on Jones. From there, our D can really open up. If Jones can really spread it around and pick his matchups, we'll play much safer.

Think to MIzzou, we got most of the sacks when Gabbert realized he couldn't make his throws right away. Same thing we did to Jones in '09. OSU was able to hit some deep balls early, so the safties had to stay back an extra few steps, which opened up their running game. I would expect OU to go with that type of game plan early to see what they can get over the top. That means the early mtchup of our D line and their O line is the one to watch.

This should be very fun!!!!

GBR

I love our chances even more now that you mentioned that.

Mike Leach wouldn't think twice about it. He would've embraced challenging our back 7 this year. They called him The Mad Scientist for a reason.

man, i love/hate that guy. still holding out hope colorado hires him. he would destroy pac 10 defenses. just keep him out of the big 10.

hey, wait a second...nah. never happen... :corndance