Check this out... OU Student Newspaper

Big props to BigRedNetwork, who pulled this gem outta nowhere. I seriously think this might be the only time I use this emoticon in the same sentence as OU,

but this is also the only time I've ever agreed with them on something:

:thumbs Dead on, Boomer.

http://www.oudaily.com/news/2010/nov/30/column-dan-beebes-leadership-continued-cause-big-1/

No conference championship? No high-dollar TV network deal? Sounds to me like the Big 12’s being left in the dust. Roping TCU into the fold could have been the first major step to restoring the conference to prevalence in college football. But now that first step is gone, and we can only trust that Beebe knows what he’s doing.

As far as I can tell, Beebe didn’t even make a play for TCU at all. Does he even care about the conference he’s leading to death at an ever-increasing pace?

I guess this means Nebraska was right — a conference solely revolving around the money-hungry, selfish Longhorns will benefit no one but the Longhorns. Nebraska and Colorado will laugh all the way to the bank in their new conferences as the Texas-Beebe tandem runs the Big 12 into the ground getting the Longhorns rich.

The Sooners should have left for the Pac-10 or the SEC when they had the chance instead of getting stuck in this sinking ship that is a 10-member Big 12.

Props to the Sooner college kid. Spot on! I would not be surprised if the Big 12 ceases to exist before this time next year.

No conference championship? No high-dollar TV network deal? Sounds to me like the Big 12’s being left in the dust. Roping TCU into the fold could have been the first major step to restoring the conference to prevalence in college football. But now that first step is gone, and we can only trust that Beebe knows what he’s doing.

As far as I can tell, Beebe didn’t even make a play for TCU at all. Does he even care about the conference he’s leading to death at an ever-increasing pace?

I guess this means Nebraska was right — a conference solely revolving around the money-hungry, selfish Longhorns will benefit no one but the Longhorns. Nebraska and Colorado will laugh all the way to the bank in their new conferences as the Texas-Beebe tandem runs the Big 12 into the ground getting the Longhorns rich.

The Sooners should have left for the Pac-10 or the SEC when they had the chance instead of getting stuck in this sinking ship that is a 10-member Big 12.

Props to the Sooner college kid. Spot on! I would not be surprised if the Big 12 ceases to exist before this time next year.

Yep, good on that Sooner kid for figgerin' it out.

It appears OU and the rest of the Little 10 are just now realizing what TO knew last summer.

We are so fortunate he was there at the right time to guide our ship away from the Bevo Bush League and into the big boys' table. GBR!

i dont think its as simple as theyre finally figuring it out. theyre not dumb. theres stuff floating out there that most of the north had offers to go to the big east if it all went to sh#t. i think that everyone left is simply just trying to put the best face on it possible. i mean, what else can you do at this point? nebraska and colorado rolled the dice, anted up, threw their hog on the table, whatever you want to call it...and won. unfortunately, schools like oklahoma, aTm, and others now have to put their best face on and be supportive of where they are. i would not take this as support for texas in any way, and in fact would be floored if there were not back channel talks going on currently between little texas schools and who knows what conferences. i mean, its obviously going on, the expansion/abandon/absorbtion thing is far from done or cooled off. just this week you see tcu announce their move to the big east. this stuff is far from over, and its naive to think the universities we left behind arent looking out for their best interests just like nebraska did. we simply beat them to the punch.

--great article and good to see, however he's not exactly going out on a limb.

:laughpound

this is great! now i know we're not the only ones seeing this

as for more realignment over the summer, it will happen. but the longhorn conference already lost out on its strongest candidate in TCU...which they didnt even treat like one to begin with. i fully expect the SEC to re-offer a spot to aTm and im expecting aTm to accept. after the year theyve had and how they smoked the pathetic "kings of the conference" theres no reason for them not to.

i know the ou fans just want out, preferably to the SEC, and with an SEC being forced to expand again or risk falling behind other conferences, that situation may become interesting. that whole "OUs good for UT, and UTs good for OU" b.s. made their fans sick.

lets not forget that any other teams like KU, ISU, Baylor, and TT will jump on nearly ANY offer that comes their way. man, its good to see karma working!

:laughpound

this is great! now i know we're not the only ones seeing this

as for more realignment over the summer, it will happen. but the longhorn conference already lost out on its strongest candidate in TCU...which they didnt even treat like one to begin with. i fully expect the SEC to re-offer a spot to aTm and im expecting aTm to accept. after the year theyve had and how they smoked the pathetic "kings of the conference" theres no reason for them not to.

i know the ou fans just want out, preferably to the SEC, and with an SEC being forced to expand again or risk falling behind other conferences, that situation may become interesting. that whole "OUs good for UT, and UTs good for OU" b.s. made their fans sick.

lets not forget that any other teams like KU, ISU, Baylor, and TT will jump on nearly ANY offer that comes their way. man, its good to see karma working!

This is exactly right. There were very few Sooner fans happy with the decision to stay with the Big Two (as both Sooner and UT fans call it now that the Huskers are departing), and the statewide consensus was that we should have gone to the Pac 10 or the SEC.

But here's the deal (and most folks outside of Oklahoma are unaware of it): the decision to stay in the "Big 12" was made in open defiance of the vast majority of Oklahoman's wishes by OU President David Boren, and OU athletic director Joe Castiglione. For whatever reason - there is much speculation down here about this, by the way - they both thumbed their noses at those wishes, and then basically told the rest of the state to "get over it."

And how, exactly, were two public servants - whose salaries are paid with Oklahoma taxpayer's dollars - able to get away with such unmitigated arrogance and effrontery?

It turns out that decades ago the OK state legislature "delegated" such decisions, without the slightest chance of review or oversight, to those two officials, no questions asked. Indeed, after this colossal blunder of a decision, a law repealing that awesome power left in the hands of just two people without the slightest chance of review or oversight passed the OK legislature, and specifically in reaction to their (Boren & Castiglione's) arrogant decision. It passed the legislature, but then was vetoed by the Governor - a longtime friend, supporter, & dedicated political fellator of David Boren.

All of that aside, the truth is that the "Big 12" is unlikely to last in any configuration for even five years, let alone through the end of the decade. There is much, much, much disgruntlement about that decision down here because of it, and the weight of democracy cannot be denied forever: this time next year, with a new governor, that bill will pass, and when the remnants of the "Big 12" eventually falls apart we will be gone, just like you guys already are.

I only wish our Universities leadership had had your vision in 2010, and we'd be gone now. Of course, there are ugly rumors that OU's failure to depart with Nebraska and CU to other conferences had nothing to do with vision, but with other motivations....

Regardless, I can't wait till we follow NU & Colorado's lead, and abandon this useless conference like we should have when you guys did. Period.

This may have been a very good play by TCU though. Maybe the TCU knew the Big East would come calling so they ignored(?) any cat calls coming from the Big 12. Think about it...TCU goes to the Big East, dominates year in and year out in a crappy conference just like the last, only this time they get an automatic bid by winning. Probably not the same story if they go to the Big 12

I would be very surprised if there isn't more realignment this summer.

I can only hope sure made the offseason go fast.

I work on the news desk at the OU student newspaper and have ran into this writer who is also the sports editor once or twice. He is actually a Nebraska fan, oddly enough. So don't get ahead of yourselves and think all Sooner fans agree with this guy. :D

I remember seeing a couple of posts from the sooner fans that have been posting here who feel similar to the writter, no not every sooner fan feels that way but not every husker fan is happy about the big 10 move either.