Nebraska vs. Washington, pt. 2

Nexus

Just horrible... I truly thought the Insight Bowl would have been very excited about an Iowa-Nebraska game... No way I am flying to AZ to see Iowa play against a team who backed out of the scheduled game a few years ago. No freaking way. The B12 is seriously a bunch of jerks if they pulled the strings on this one.

As a matter of fact... if the B12 ended up pulling the strings on this... it is going to end up costing the Insight Bowl a lof of money and media interest... This would have been the Big Ten Preview Bowl! It would have been hyped up. Missouri? Freaking Missouri? WTH? The Big Ten should threaten to pull out of this bowl at the end of the contract... find another bowl. This bowl is always making poor choices. They had a sell-out in their hands. Do they know nothing about college football?

Well at least ill be able to see them again. I live in Orange County and I was hoping they would come. Washington Three years in a row is what its gonna be or at least looking like. At least i can see my huskers. Our Defense is better this time though guys.. and Our O will be fine

South Orange county here. I agree. While I still feel that this is the ultimate 'slight', I am very much looking forward to seeing them. I will go to cheer them on, and it will be awesome. Period.

no reason to decline the bowl....why would we pass up an extra month of practices and getting players more prepared for next year? and what difference is it that it is a low bowl game this year? we are not in the title game or getting any money from it anyway....the big 12 is keeping it all the cash anyway so why not let them keep the lowest amount of cash possible?

Right. Alot of people on this Board are saying that the Insight are idiots because they are losing a bunch of money by not selecting Nebraska. True, this year, but we can all be assured, can't we, that the Insight is choosing Mizzou BECAUSE THEY WILL MAKE MORE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN by keeping its relationship with the Big 12. Remember, THE WHOLE MIZZOU TO THE BIG TEN FIASCO started because the Insight insulted Mizzou last year, and you can be sure Dan Beebe reminded them of that.

From HawkeyeNation Board

Matt Davison said this but I'll repeat it here... What a shame that men in suits who disagree on whatever get to screw Nebraska, and by Nebraska I mean the team. You know, they players who have worked their asses off probably their whole lives who have nothing to do with all this anti-Nebraska sentiment swirling around everywhere.

If you look at Google's realtime almost all tweets and updates from Mizzou fans are "YES!! Serves you right NU" or something to that nature...whereas here is what I've seen from some Iowa fans:

"Worthless opponent in a worthless bowl..."

"I guess it's still a bowl game"

"well that sucks"

From Hawkeyenation

• Fire 1

I don't care what anyone says - if it were me, I'd decline the bid. It is an insult to the players, the fans, and anyone associated with Nebraska football. Making these players play Washington again is like spitting in their faces. Why would they have any motivation at all to play the Huskies again? I wouldn't blame them one bit if they just dialed it in.

If you look at Google's realtime almost all tweets and updates from Mizzou fans are "YES!! Serves you right NU" or something to that nature...whereas here is what I've seen from some Iowa fans:

"Worthless opponent in a worthless bowl..."

"I guess it's still a bowl game"

"well that sucks"

From Hawkeyenation

I love how mizzou still pretends they didn't want to leave the big 12 more than nebraska...