Show some respect for Washington, please

I think this season has soured alot of Husker fans so you'll have to give us a pass this time. We've all forgotten what it was like to show respect to most other schools due to the unfair B.S. that was pulled this entire season. Having said that every fanbase has its issues and NU is no different. It says "best fans in college football" on those signs, not "classiest fans in college football." We're the best in our eyes because we show up and support our team come rain or shine or distance involved, but we are still human.

This wins. Preach On!

After reading this entire thread, I feel a little dumber and a lot more pissed off. To the Washington fan posting, we all some what respect your team and fan base. But to come on here a plead and beg is not going to help any of us respect the dawgs anymore than we already do. Great job by your team, you made it to a somewhat decent bowl based on the fact that the Pac 10 only had 4 bowl eligible teams.

Washington is not exactly thrilled about a rematch, either. But don't kid yourselves, NE could have (should have) easily avoided the Holiday bowl by not choking against A&M and losing a winnable OK game. Bottom line is Washington did the best they could to get to the Holiday and Nebraska did about the worst they could, going out of the Big 12 by losing about every big rivalry we wanted to win (Texas, Oklahoma). If NE goes into the bowl throwing a hissy fit and feeling sad for themselves and get upset by Washington, it will be well deserved, imho.

Husker fans have alot to be upset about. Bring it up again doesnt help. I would think huskie fans would want an opportunity to face a NEW oponent. One they havent faced in a while. Broden there horizions.

OP, let's clear some things up here.

First, being a Husker fan has NOT been a cake-walk through the years. If you were truly a Husker fan, you would would have known that starting with the Colorado game in 2001, Nebraska went on a downhill slide. 2001 was followed by the first non-9 win season in decades. We had a coach that drove the program, it's tradition, and the state into a downward spiral. Nebraska lost almost EVERYTHING that made the program what it was. I realize you have some sense of belonging with the Huskies, but if you have any shred of Husker in you, then you will entirely redact that statement. Washington has had tough times, no doubt, but don't sit there and tell us that it's been easy all along.

Second, playing Washington IS an insult, whether you would like to agree with it or not. They are a 6-6 team that Nebraska drubbed early in the season. According to the Husker players, the Washington players were talking a lot before the game, and Nebraska did what they had to do against them. Why should they deserve respect for that? All that said, if Nebraska had just done what it was supposed to do, then they wouldn't be in this position. Regardless, Washington is an insult and a terrible match-up.

Lastly, from a talent and coaching stand point, Washington just isn't very good. They could win the game, but the ONLY reason they will win is if Nebraska doesn't show up like they want to be there, which I honestly wouldn't be surprised given how they finished the season. Washington will not win because they have the better athletes or coaches.

You earn respect on the field. You don't ask for it on a message board.

I honestly could care less if we do lose. It's not an interesting matchup or exciting. It was in week 3. If our defense comes out flat and give up 40 points or the offense comes out running the pistol formation or something different then there will be something to talk about. Otherwise it's a sad bowl matchup. It is what it is...