Show some respect for Washington, please

Last time I checked, we beat the Dawgs by a few TD's a couple months back. We respect the Dawgs, but playing them again IS an insult. Plain and simple. If you won 10 games in the regular season would you want to play a 6-6 team you beat previous in the season by 5 scores? Regardless of who you are, you would be disappointed with that outcome.

I wouldn't be surprised if NU loses this game. Washington isn't great, but they're damn happy to be bowling. NU is confused. Can Pelini and Co focus the kids?

This.

Always hard to beat a team two times in a year. I remember last year or two years ago, the NFL playoffs Wild Card round featured I believe 2 rematches from the very week before. Green Bay destroyed Arizona in a complete rout one week and lost to them in the playoffs the next. Same scenario with the other team but I forget who the teams involved where. Add in that Taylor may not be as healthy/explosive as he was against Washington, and the players on our team feel like we deserve better*, and this is a very interesting/dangerous game from an X's and O's standpoint.

* - This is how teams lose bowl games.

Ask SC how their rematch with Auburn last weekend came out?

I wouldn't be surprised if NU loses this game. Washington isn't great, but they're damn happy to be bowling. NU is confused. Can Pelini and Co focus the kids?

This.

Always hard to beat a team two times in a year. I remember last year or two years ago, the NFL playoffs Wild Card round featured I believe 2 rematches from the very week before. Green Bay destroyed Arizona in a complete rout one week and lost to them in the playoffs the next. Same scenario with the other team but I forget who the teams involved where. Add in that Taylor may not be as healthy/explosive as he was against Washington, and the players on our team feel like we deserve better*, and this is a very interesting/dangerous game from an X's and O's standpoint.

* - This is how teams lose bowl games.

Ask SC how their rematch with Auburn last weekend came out?

If we lose to UW in this game our whole coaching staff needs evaluating, not just Watson...

First off, thanks to the classy fans out there. I'm not saying you have to respect the Washington program, but you should respect the kids. Because that's what they are out there in college football, a bunch of young kids just doing their best to make their fans, parents, their coach or what have you proud.

I respect Auburn and even Oregon as programs and teams, but they have rosters full of Boise State player punching, ankle-bracelet wearing, thieving, girl friend assaulting, bought-and-paid-for thugs.

Respect for a program and respect for its players are two different things. When you say things like playing Washington is an insult, that sort of thing trickles down to the honest players and they hear it. That's not cool. You got beef with the broken BCS and bowl system take up with the Beebe types and NCAA, not the kids.

trickles-to flow or fall by drops, or in a small, gentle stream

Seems like bulleten board material to me, rather than crying about it

I don't understand how somebody could be a fan of a school growing up and then go to another school to become a fan of that school and forget about your roots.

I have a buddy who grew up as a die hard Husker fan where his parents and siblings are Husker fans too. Needless to say he attended the University of Kansas and is now a Jayhawk fan and very little a Husker fan.

Who said anything about forgetting roots? I'm actually a Nebraska alumnus. I'm not even going to a university in the same conference, Big 12 or Big 10. I could have come home to resume college in Nebraska, but as my handle may suggest, I'm an astronomy major and Nebraska doesn't even offer that major and the prof I did research under moved to UTA. UW is a good research school and I had state citizenship for tuition from being stationed here.

If it were Texas or anybody else at all talking down, I wouldn't give a crap, but I have pride about the Husker fan base and expected better that is all. Pardon me for holding Husker fans to a higher standard, my mistake.

I think this season has soured alot of Husker fans so you'll have to give us a pass this time. We've all forgotten what it was like to show respect to most other schools due to the unfair B.S. that was pulled this entire season. Having said that every fanbase has its issues and NU is no different. It says "best fans in college football" on those signs, not "classiest fans in college football." We're the best in our eyes because we show up and support our team come rain or shine or distance involved, but we are still human.

• Fire 1

I think this season has soured alot of Husker fans so you'll have to give us a pass this time. We've all forgotten what it was like to show respect to most other schools due to the unfair B.S. that was pulled this entire season. Having said that every fanbase has its issues and NU is no different. It says "best fans in college football" on those signs, not "classiest fans in college football." We're the best in our eyes because we show up and support our team come rain or shine or distance involved, but we are still human.

i agree to a point, but best and classy mean the same thing to most people. weve always been known to show great sportsmanship, whether it was applauding a team that kicked our butts in our own stadium or treating an opponents stadium as we would our own.

with that said, i dont think anybody's gonna knock us for not wanting to be in this game. we are not going to go down to the holiday bowl and act rudely toward washington's fans or players, we simply just dont want to be there. its hard to respect a teams abilities that you crushed 52-21 earlier in the year, and with the expectations we had coming into the season, the holiday bowl against a 6-6 team is an obvious disappointment.

First off, thanks to the classy fans out there. I'm not saying you have to respect the Washington program, but you should respect the kids. Because that's what they are out there in college football, a bunch of young kids just doing their best to make their fans, parents, their coach or what have you proud.

I respect Auburn and even Oregon as programs and teams, but they have rosters full of Boise State player punching, ankle-bracelet wearing, thieving, girl friend assaulting, bought-and-paid-for thugs.

Respect for a program and respect for its players are two different things. When you say things like playing Washington is an insult, that sort of thing trickles down to the honest players and they hear it. That's not cool. You got beef with the broken BCS and bowl system take up with the Beebe types and NCAA, not the kids.

ankle-bracelet wearing?

ankle-bracelet wearing?

Alex, what is LeGarret Blount?

ankle-bracelet wearing?

Alex, what is LeGarret Blount?

Blount doesn't play for Oregon anymore, and they kicked off about 5 other guys who got in trouble in the offseason. LaMichael James was accused of assault, but the dispute was settled privately so I don't think too much of it (unless Phil Knight paid the girl off... but that would be the scandal of all scandals, and I just completely made it up, nothing of any essence there). But what the hell do ankle bracelets have to do with anything?