Martinez Rumors Are new to Bo

So your saying because someone with inside info didnt put Meaningfull into the statement "zac lee will never take another snap at nebraska" the rumor is flase.

When obviosuly it is completely true. The rumor is he is INJURED!!! Inside guys were saying the not another snap thing to show you that his injury was bad enough that he wont be playing. Your point does nothing to discredit the RUMOR that zac lee is injured....which is the RUMOR ...the RUMOR is not that he will never take a snap...so he took a few snaps in his last home game boo hoo....HE IS STILL INJURED LIKE THE RUMOR SAYS

Your not always right, stop treating people like crap.

So you don't like the Zac Lee rumor, one of which said, "Lee will never take another snap at NU again." Fine. How about the hundreds of rumors that precipitated the creation of Rumorville? How about the dozen or two rumors I've had to take down since Rumorville left because they were not just false, but blatantly false? If you go back and read this thread, the point I'm making is that "Not all rumors are true." The Lee rumor was just one example, and why zoogies focused on it, I don't know.

Fact is, not all rumors are true. Not all rumors are productive, and some can be downright damaging. Blind belief in every rumor is silly, which is my point. If you want to blindly believe every single rumor you hear, be my guest. But don't whine to me that I'm "treating people like crap" when I point out the very obvious fact that not all rumors are true.

But on the other hand, fact is not all rumors are false. And you seem to take the other side pretty often, which is your choice as a mod. But I don't think Willie or others who share what they've heard lose any sleep over people trusting them or not. I would concur that you're pretty harsh with some people, I don't have links to the posts, but many question Bo's media interaction and don't trust him with the info he provides regarding injuries, but on certain rumors they then flip and take his word as gospel.

I guess some people just use information in any way to suit their position.

But on the other hand, fact is not all rumors are false. And you seem to take the other side pretty often, which is your choice as a mod. But I don't think Willie or others who share what they've heard lose any sleep over people trusting them or not. I would concur that you're pretty harsh with some people, I don't have links to the posts, but many question Bo's media interaction and don't trust him with the info he provides regarding injuries, but on certain rumors they then flip and take his word as gospel.

I guess some people just use information in any way to suit their position.

That's not my choice as a Mod, it's my choice as a Member. Being a Mod means nothing when it comes to rumors, other than the fact that I have to clean up the mess when a bogus thread is created. You can't forget that I'm just a Member like you guys, with some volunteer duties on top. Just because I'm a Moderator doesn't mean my opinion is "better" or "more right" than anyone else's. And in case you've forgotten, I was just as opinionated and obstinate as a Member as I am as a Mod. Probably more so, because back then I only represented me, not HuskerBoard. I've had to tone it down and choose my words more carefully this past year. Kinda sucks a bit. :)

And truth is, I'm one of those guys who flat-out doesn't trust Bo anymore. Frankly, I think Willie is a more trustworthy source of info most times. Only difference is, I know who Bo is and can verify what he tells me. Willie, unfortunately, can't simply announce, "I'm really Joe-Bob Jones, third-string left tackle, and that's how I know what I know." Much as I respect Willie, that's the limitation of being an online "divulger" of secrets.

The best thing we can do between Bo, the Big Willies and the I See Reds, is to take what little we know, what little we can read in the paper or hear on the radio, and make a guess as to what "the truth" is regarding these rumors. Unfortunately there's no extra insight out there for anyone, whether they're a Member or a Mod. Sucks for everyone.

One of the very first things I said in this thread, was "I think it's fine to dismiss things on the basis that they are unsubstantiated, as it's a very reasonable and smart thing to do, but at least be consistent there. As far as any of us know Keller was a complete team player that gave his all for us and we should stand by him." From there, Knapp, you brought up a Pat Witt link and had a debate with BigWillie involving pictures of tin/aluminum people, that I really did not care to take part in, because of my opinion above. All this rumor stuff, it's anyone's choice to believe or not, as I have said multiple times. I figure it is up to Willie, as a usual source of some of that stuff, to make his own response as to how he thinks people should regard the rumor mill.

You brought up Zac Lee as an example supporting your argument, which I thought was a poor example, so I zeroed in on that and hopefully illustrated why it was. But you can't say "Not every insider is true, and this is my example to support it", lose the supporting example, and then say "It doesn't matter if I have an example or not, not every insider rumor is true" - as if it is illogical, or disconnected, to overturn a bad example.

From there, we pretty much agree. Don't believe everything you hear, take what you hear with a grain of salt.

The best thing we can do between Bo, the Big Willies and the I See Reds, is to take what little we know, what little we can read in the paper or hear on the radio, and make a guess as to what "the truth" is regarding these rumors. Unfortunately there's no extra insight out there for anyone, whether they're a Member or a Mod. Sucks for everyone.

And that is about exactly right. To me, if you add up the things we have read in the paper, to the things we have heard, to the actual events that have transpired, it is a decent guess about Taylor. That's why I take exception to anyone broadly saying "These rumors are now put to bed." You may certainly choose not to believe them wholesale before. It could be your opinion that I put too much stock in this stuff, which is one I would respect and can see why anyone would think that. At the same time, it's my opinion that completely disregarding some stuff, in the absence of some "proof" requirement we all know is too high for the rumor mill, is fueled a bit by hope.

One of the very first things I said in this thread, was "I think it's fine to dismiss things on the basis that they are unsubstantiated, as it's a very reasonable and smart thing to do, but at least be consistent there. As far as any of us know Keller was a complete team player that gave his all for us and we should stand by him." From there, Knapp, you brought up a Pat Witt link and had a debate with BigWillie involving pictures of tin/aluminum people, that I really did not care to take part in, because of my opinion above. All this rumor stuff, it's anyone's choice to believe or not, as I have said multiple times. I figure it is up to Willie, as a usual source of some of that stuff, to make his own response as to how he thinks people should regard the rumor mill.

You brought up Zac Lee as an example supporting your argument, which I thought was a poor example, so I zeroed in on that and hopefully illustrated why it was. But you can't say "Not every insider is true, and this is my example to support it", lose the supporting example, and then say "It doesn't matter if I have an example or not, not every insider rumor is true" - as if it is illogical, or disconnected, to overturn a bad example.

From there, we pretty much agree. Don't believe everything you hear, take what you hear with a grain of salt.

And that is about exactly right. To me, if you add up the things we have read in the paper, to the things we have heard, to the actual events that have transpired, it is a decent guess about Taylor. That's why I take exception to anyone broadly saying "These rumors are now put to bed." You may certainly choose not to believe them wholesale before. It could be your opinion that I put too much stock in this stuff, which is one I would respect and can see why anyone would think that. At the same time, it's my opinion that completely disregarding some stuff, in the absence of some "proof" requirement we all know is too high for the rumor mill, is fueled a bit by hope.

I see where you're coming from. Granted, the Lee example was poor. It was just the first that came to mind. I should have chosen better, because it didn't illustrate the point I was making....

... which seems to be a moot point, since it seems everyone agrees on it anyway.

C'est la vie.