Martinez Rumors Are new to Bo

Here's a LINK to Sipple's article about it. Here's the LINK to the thread where it was discussed here on HuskerBoard.

But you have to wonder about the fact he transferred three times in high school …

As far as stories go that was just absurdly ironic.

My opinion, I hope the kid leaves.

• Fire 1

Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado.

Are you disputing Zac's injury that took him out of the QB equation for the rest of the year after Missouri?

He was not fine. Those were charity snaps given to a senior that had earned it, in garbage time on senior day when nothing mattered. Zac is still just not an option at this point. Lee was not going to take another meaningful snap, unless it was a real emergency. I mean, Ron Kellogg was even due to go in before Lee for one or two of the games.

I think it's quite obvious that I'm disputing the truth of the rumor that "Zac Lee will never take another snap at Nebraska." I think the fact that he did take another snap at Nebraska is evidence that not all rumors are to be believed equally.

Do you have another take on that?

Yeah. You're taking a specific example of how it was worded. I don't remember exactly what people said, but it was all along the same lines. Zac's done. Zac's career is over. Zac's season is over. All of these things were true after the Missouri game and are still true. Whether or not he took completely meaningless snaps, as a reward for an injured senior on senior day, doesn't change the fact that he suffered an injury that took him completely out of the discussion for the rest of the year. It is as if you are doing your best to discredit rumors based on something that went reported, that was basically 90% true. Granted, you can say "They said he would take 0 more snaps, and he took more than 0, so they were just wrong" - but hopefully, you can see the bigger picture here, as far as how valid the Zac injury information was. I don't know if the injury reports ever got specific or not, but if it is something that he can't re-injure and will just need to wait til the offseason for surgery, there's no reason he can't still be an emergency QB for us. Just understand that he will not be very effective, and we will have to be pretty desperate to go with that.

Zac did suffer a bad injury that effectively ended his career, but it's not like he got surgery. He can still suit up, but that doesn't mean he is even 50% and anywhere in the discussion or part of any gameplans.

It is the same thing when we heard that Taylor was knocked out for Iowa State because of the injury. But that information must have been wrong too, because he went in for a snap and lined up at receiver in the Wildcat. Right? I guess that puts the rumored information on QB injuries at 0/2.

Yeah. You're taking a specific example of how it was worded. I don't remember exactly what people said, but it was all along the same lines. Zac's done. Zac's career is over. Zac's season is over. All of these things were true after the Missouri game and are still true. Whether or not he took completely meaningless snaps, as a reward for an injured senior on senior day, doesn't change the fact that he suffered an injury that took him completely out of the discussion for the rest of the year. It is as if you are doing your best to discredit rumors based on something that went reported, that was basically 90% true. Granted, you can say "They said he would take 0 more snaps, and he took more than 0, so they were just wrong" - but hopefully, you can see the bigger picture here, as far as how valid the Zac injury information was.

It is the same thing when we heard that Taylor was knocked out for Iowa State because of the injury. But that information must have been wrong too, because he went in for a snap and lined up at receiver in the Wildcat. Right? I guess that puts the rumored information on QB injuries at 0/2.

:facepalm:

Zoogies. All I'm saying is that NOT EVERY RUMOR IS TRUE. That is the bigger picture here. Do you need a saltwater aquarium guy to explain that, or can you simply agree with the tenor of what I'm posting, if not the specific example?

Zoogies. All I'm saying is that NOT EVERY RUMOR IS TRUE. That is the bigger picture here. Do you need a saltwater aquarium guy to explain that, or can you simply agree with the tenor of what I'm posting, if not the specific example?

I think it's quite obvious that I'm disputing the truth of the rumor that "Zac Lee will never take another snap at Nebraska." I think the fact that he did take another snap at Nebraska is evidence that not all rumors are to be believed equally.

Knapp. I would say it's quite obvious that you were disputing the truth of the rumor that "Zac Lee will never take another snap at Nebraska."

As I've said before about the rumor stuff, that is up to people to want to believe or not, and I recognize that it is a pretty reasonable thing to do. I hope that those people also do recognize, however, that there is some smoke out there.

Knapp. I would say it's quite obvious that you are disputing the truth of the rumor that "Zac Lee will never take another snap at Nebraska."

As I've said before about the rumor stuff, that is up to people to want to believe or not, and I recognize that it is a pretty reasonable thing to do. I hope that those people also do recognize, however, that there is some smoke out there.

You seem to frequently lose track of what you're debating, as evidenced by the confusion you're generating amongst the members. Let me draw a map for you, so you can see how this conversation happened, and understand what we're talking about. Pay attention, now...

I posted this in response to Big Willie:

--Conversation about Taylor Martinez and rumors about him snipped for brevity--

And the simple fact that lots of people speak about the Taylor Martinez situation doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado. We hear rumors around here all the time, Willie. Until you or anyone else steps out from behind the curtain and announces yourself, no matter how much I may be inclined to believe you, you're still no more real than the Wizard of Oz.

Or the Tin Man.

The operative part of that paragraph has been underlined for your convenience. The Zac Lee bit was simply illustrative of how rumors are not always true.

Knapp. I would say it's quite obvious that you are disputing the truth of the rumor that "Zac Lee will never take another snap at Nebraska."

You seem to frequently lose track of what you're debating, as evidenced by the confusion you're generating amongst the members. Let me draw a map for you, so you can see how this conversation happened, and understand what we're talking about. Pay attention, now...

I posted this in response to Big Willie:

--Conversation about Taylor Martinez and rumors about him snipped for brevity--

And the simple fact that lots of people speak about the Taylor Martinez situation doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado. We hear rumors around here all the time, Willie. Until you or anyone else steps out from behind the curtain and announces yourself, no matter how much I may be inclined to believe you, you're still no more real than the Wizard of Oz.

Or the Tin Man.

The operative part of that paragraph has been underlined for your convenience. The Zac Lee bit was simply illustrative of how rumors are not always true.

So your saying because someone with inside info didnt put Meaningfull into the statement "zac lee will never take another snap at nebraska" the rumor is flase.

When obviosuly it is completely true. The rumor is he is INJURED!!! Inside guys were saying the not another snap thing to show you that his injury was bad enough that he wont be playing. Your point does nothing to discredit the RUMOR that zac lee is injured....which is the RUMOR ...the RUMOR is not that he will never take a snap...so he took a few snaps in his last home game boo hoo....HE IS STILL INJURED LIKE THE RUMOR SAYS

Your not always right, stop treating people like crap.

So your saying because someone with inside info didnt put Meaningfull into the statement "zac lee will never take another snap at nebraska" the rumor is flase.

When obviosuly it is completely true. The rumor is he is INJURED!!! Inside guys were saying the not another snap thing to show you that his injury was bad enough that he wont be playing. Your point does nothing to discredit the RUMOR that zac lee is injured....which is the RUMOR ...the RUMOR is not that he will never take a snap...so he took a few snaps in his last home game boo hoo....HE IS STILL INJURED LIKE THE RUMOR SAYS

So you don't like the Zac Lee rumor, one of which said, "Lee will never take another snap at NU again." Fine. How about the hundreds of rumors that precipitated the creation of Rumorville? How about the dozen or two rumors I've had to take down since Rumorville left because they were not just false, but blatantly false? If you go back and read this thread, the point I'm making is that "Not all rumors are true." The Lee rumor was just one example, and why zoogies focused on it, I don't know.

Fact is, not all rumors are true. Not all rumors are productive, and some can be downright damaging. Blind belief in every rumor is silly, which is my point. If you want to blindly believe every single rumor you hear, be my guest. But don't whine to me that I'm "treating people like crap" when I point out the very obvious fact that not all rumors are true.

So you don't like the Zac Lee rumor, one of which said, "Lee will never take another snap at NU again." Fine. How about the hundreds of rumors that precipitated the creation of Rumorville? How about the dozen or two rumors I've had to take down since Rumorville left because they were not just false, but blatantly false? If you go back and read this thread, the point I'm making is that "Not all rumors are true." The Lee rumor was just one example, and why zoogies focused on it, I don't know.

Fact is, not all rumors are true. Not all rumors are productive, and some can be downright damaging. Blind belief in every rumor is silly, which is my point. If you want to blindly believe every single rumor you hear, be my guest. But don't whine to me that I'm "treating people like crap" when I point out the very obvious fact that not all rumors are true.

I understand what your saying and no one believes EVERY rumor is true. Its pretty obvious that the rumor is indeed true since he is not even involved in the gameplan or even mentioned as being available....certainly something is up. Guess you should have used a different example of a rumor. I really dont want to believe the Tmagic rumors, im sure some of them have some legs but i dont think he is going anywhere. For some reason i believe HuskerBrent when he says he has talked to the kid and hes not going anywhere. Im really hoping he pulls through all of this and becomes a better person and a great player because of it, if BO gets his way im sure it will happen. If anyone can give him an attitude adjustment its BO.

I understand what your saying and no one believes EVERY rumor is true. Its pretty obvious that the rumor is indeed true since he is not even involved in the gameplan or even mentioned as being available....certainly something is up. Guess you should have used a different example of a rumor. I really dont want to believe the Tmagic rumors, im sure some of them have some legs but i dont think he is going anywhere. For some reason i believe HuskerBrent when he says he has talked to the kid and hes not going anywhere. Im really hoping he pulls through all of this and becomes a better person and a great player because of it, if BO gets his way im sure it will happen. If anyone can give him an attitude adjustment its BO.

OK, groovy. That's really all I was trying to convey, and the conversation spiraled out of control.

The crummy thing in these conversations is, people get easily polarized when discussing a point in a forum, and with each successive iteration of the conversation, those polarities often become more extreme.

I also understand the difficulty of the position of Willie, who clearly has greater access to the team than the rest of us, but clearly cannot divulge who he is or what access he has. It's got to be a difficult thing to know the truth, but be unable to convey how or why you know the truth. It's what makes rumors and innuendo so difficult – you have to take the word of a complete stranger, who appears to you as words on a screen, and give it a level of trust that is not typical in real life.