Martinez Rumors Are new to Bo

Not really. Bo can lie all he wants, it's not necessarily a bad thing. He's protecting the kids in his program and the guys on his staff. He could care less about telling us anything bad about a kid which is exactly how it should be. If we ever hear any trouble/smoke about a player's character/attitude, it will ALWAYS be through these unsubstantiated channels. The difference is when it's about Keller or Ruud or McKeon, everyone will lap it up instead of treating it the way they are treating the Taylor rumor mill now.

I think it's fine to dismiss things on the basis that they are unsubstantiated, as it's a very reasonable and smart thing to do, but at least be consistent there. As far as any of us know Keller was a complete team player that gave his all for us and we should stand by him.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Bo Pelini is not lying to the program....

Er, Bo clearly lies to the media all the time, about injuries and such. If you don't want to call it lying you can say it's not being forthwith and being extremely misleading with the information he puts out there. Really Bo is the kind of head coach who is pretty anal about controlling information that goes out publicly and not some guy that loves the media and will just sit and chat all day and tell us everything. That's all I am saying here and I don't know why it's being taken as criticism of Bo because really, I don't see that as a bad thing. There's bad news or drama or just stuff in EVERY program, but it's the kind of thing that just isn't any of the fans business and the head coach is doing good by not putting it out there.

I love a HC that will go to lengths to protect his guys.

How quickly we've all forgotten Patrick Witt. Bo has experience with QBs (and their dads) throwing down the gauntlet on him. If Taylor had given Bo an ultimatum, Taylor would already have his bags packed.

I actually have no recollection of this. Seems like an unsubstantiated rumor to me, but fill me in...really not too sure what happened with Witt. We heard everything from 'saw the writing on the wall' to 'sabotaging Cody Green's learning of the signals'...

How quickly we've all forgotten Patrick Witt. Bo has experience with QBs (and their dads) throwing down the gauntlet on him. If Taylor had given Bo an ultimatum, Taylor would already have his bags packed.

I actually have no recollection of this. Seems like an unsubstantiated rumor to me, but fill me in...really not too sure what happened with Witt. We heard everything from 'saw the writing on the wall' to 'sabotaging Cody Green's learning of the signals'...

Here's a LINK to Sipple's article about it. Here's the LINK to the thread where it was discussed here on HuskerBoard.

Because he doesn't think the kid is hurting the program? ...

And honestly he could well be right. So a kid has attitude problems. You're talking about a football team of a hundred or so young men. There's BOUND to be tons of them who have attitude problems. Does that mean they should be off the team? No. Does it mean all of this should be aired out to the media? "Yeah, _____ is just an arrogant SOB."

Thanks for the links, Knapp. Those were the days, huh? I was still refusing to believe that Bo wanted to move to a mobile-QB-required offense. Some of the rumors in that thread are pretty out there, too. Guess it's best not to revisit the validity of any of them.

Here's a LINK to Sipple's article about it. Here's the LINK to the thread where it was discussed here on HuskerBoard.

Here is the thing about that - Pat and his father were like that the ENTIRE time they were here. And how much did you hear about the junk they tried to pull until they left?

None.

Honestly, do you think this many people would speak out about the same exact thing, and even have a former player like Dillard do the same exact thing if there is no validity to it? Or is it just a vast conspiracy against Taylor Martinez and his family?

tin-foil1.jpg

Here is the thing about that - Pat and his father were like that the ENTIRE time they were here. And how much did you hear about the junk they tried to pull until they left?

None.

Honestly, do you think this many people would speak out about the same exact thing, and even have a former player like Dillard do the same exact thing if there is no validity to it? Or is it just a vast conspiracy against Taylor Martinez and his family?

You're not making much of a point with Witt. So what if he was "like that" all the time he was here? It came to an impasse that Spring and Bo showed him the door. If Taylor's situation comes to an impasse I fully expect Bo to show him the door as well. What's your point?

And honestly, until Taylor leaves the team, this is all speculation. You're just words on a screen, Willie, and while I believe you have some connection to the team, I don't know you from Adam and your "insider" information is as good as the next guy's. Further, you're human, and humans have preferences. As good of a guy as I perceive you to be, you could simply dislike Martinez. By all accounts he's not a terribly likable guy.

From past posts it's clear you have an extreme dislike for Sam Keller. I've talked to a former player who thinks the world of him. Whose account of Keller's character do I believe, yours or his?

And the simple fact that lots of people speak about the Taylor Martinez situation doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado. We hear rumors around here all the time, Willie. Until you or anyone else steps out from behind the curtain and announces yourself, no matter how much I may be inclined to believe you, you're still no more real than the Wizard of Oz.

Or the Tin Man.

tin-man-by-virginmedia.jpg

Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado.

Are you disputing Zac's injury that took him out of the QB equation for the rest of the year after Missouri?

He was not fine. Those were charity snaps given to a senior that had earned it, in garbage time on senior day when nothing mattered. Zac is still just not an option at this point. Lee was not going to take another meaningful snap, unless it was a real emergency. I mean, Ron Kellogg was even due to go in before Lee for one or two of the games.

You're not making much of a point with Witt. So what if he was "like that" all the time he was here? It came to an impasse that Spring and Bo showed him the door. If Taylor's situation comes to an impasse I fully expect Bo to show him the door as well. What's your point?

And honestly, until Taylor leaves the team, this is all speculation. You're just words on a screen, Willie, and while I believe you have some connection to the team, I don't know you from Adam and your "insider" information is as good as the next guy's. Further, you're human, and humans have preferences. As good of a guy as I perceive you to be, you could simply dislike Martinez. By all accounts he's not a terribly likable guy.

From past posts it's clear you have an extreme dislike for Sam Keller. I've talked to a former player who thinks the world of him. Whose account of Keller's character do I believe, yours or his?

And the simple fact that lots of people speak about the Taylor Martinez situation doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado. We hear rumors around here all the time, Willie. Until you or anyone else steps out from behind the curtain and announces yourself, no matter how much I may be inclined to believe you, you're still no more real than the Wizard of Oz.

Or the Tin Man.

tin-man-by-virginmedia.jpg

Impasse? Patrick and his father had demands from the moment he set foot on campus. Patrick's father was obnoxious and constantly aggravated the coaches about his son, literally over the smallest things. From day 1 to the last day, the Witt's were the same people.

There is a rather large factor that is different than that of the Witt's and the Martinez's as well, that being that Bo is close friends with Casey Martinez. OH SNAP!

But here is the problem knap, you choose to believe only certain things, and it seems with Taylor, you only choose to believe he 'sunshine'. But here is a reality - not everything, and especially everyone, that comes from our program are good.

You choose to believe words from Bo who will defend his players regardless, or folks who write nothing at all about Taylor to prove the rumors true. But the fact is, folks with knowledge have came out of the woodwork to talk about Taylor's issues. Phil Dillard, a former teammate of Taylor talked about it. Dirk Chatelain has talked about it.

But yet, with all of this mud being thrown at the Martinez's, who has came out to defend them? Teammates? Nope. Anyone besides Bo or a bunch of fans who just blindly accept that Taylor is a good person?

And please, do NOT get me started on Keller. That is a dark road you do not want me to go down. But heck, do me a favor and the next time you see that former player, ask him about Keller's "friend" that followed him to Nebraska. That should be a great story to tell about how wonderful a person Sam Keller is. ;)

And about Zac Lee, watch after the season what happens. Easy to doubt now what folks were saying, just like it was last year when folks tried to convince everyone Zac was injured. Then of course, he has surgery and those rumors were proven true.

Lots of people said Zac Lee would never take another snap for Nebraska.... until he did vs. Colorado.

Are you disputing Zac's injury that took him out of the QB equation for the rest of the year after Missouri?

He was not fine. Those were charity snaps given to a senior that had earned it, in garbage time on senior day when nothing mattered. Zac is still just not an option at this point. Lee was not going to take another meaningful snap, unless it was a real emergency. I mean, Ron Kellogg was even due to go in before Lee for one or two of the games.

Didn't Zac Lee come in to take the handoff for that fake punt that Stoops sniffed out and stopped with a time out? Was he in there for his breakaway running ability? Maybe he was a decoy, but I'm betting a pass play was coming out of it. That was a pretty meaningful play.