Email From TO about Watson

It was a nice response, but I think this proves how great of a man Tom Osborne really is consider how nice he was to you. The premise of this e-mail is entirely ridiculous and I'm honestly quite surprised someone would actually send that type of e-mail to Tom Osborne...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Frankly I can't believe people would actually email someone in the AD asking for a coach to be fired, are our fans really that dumb? I guess the answer is yes. So shame on anyone who did and thanks to Tom Osborne for being classy about it.

A shame you didn't follow his lead....

• Fire 1

Ummm...pretty sure it's not up to Tom who is or isn't a coordinator on Bo's staff. He can give Bo his opinion of course, but ultimately it's not his call.

I think Tom's opinions carry a lot of weight, which is why people talk about TO in regard to coaching opinions a lot.

Me - I am pretty much floored that Tom Osborne bothered to compose a rebuttal response. It seems odd considering it comes from such official channels and is likely to be spread around, and even if they are sending a pre-composed response like this to all the letters, it's very interesting when they could have disregarded. Maybe this is normal practice but I find it unusual.

Hah! This is exactly the kind of answer that several of us have already given to the "Fire Watson" people. Check it out:

Out with it, "knapplc". You're really Tom Osborne. That's how you meet all our players. It's true, isn't it? You don't have to say it publicly, just send me an email to confirm :)

It was a nice response, but I think this proves how great of a man Tom Osborne really is consider how nice he was to you. The premise of this e-mail is entirely ridiculous and I'm honestly quite surprised someone would actually send that type of e-mail to Tom Osborne...

Took the words right out of my mouth. Frankly I can't believe people would actually email someone in the AD asking for a coach to be fired, are our fans really that dumb? I guess the answer is yes. So shame on anyone who did and thanks to Tom Osborne for being classy about it.

A shame you didn't follow his lead....

At the same time, it's kinda nice to know what TO thinks of the whole situation, right?

Honestly I'm glad to see something of substance about this whole Watson issue.

Out with it, "knapplc". You're really Tom Osborne. That's how you meet all our players. It's true, isn't it? You don't have to say it publicly, just send me an email to confirm :)

Yeah, right, nice try to cover. When the email you used to register at HuskerBoard is "IAmTomOsborne@huskers.com," it's kind of a dead giveaway.

This shouldn't be news to Huskers fans. UNL is not going to fire Shawn Watson, he isn't under enough scrutiny right now. Maybe by the fans, sure there is plenty of fire under him, but fans don't run the Athletic department of UNL. That being said, Shawn Watson won't be fired, but if he gets an OK to take another job somewhere else and he wants go, I don't think too many folks in the high chair offices are going to hold him back from going.

I was thinking about this whilst cleaning the house today. Some of you criticized the OP for writing the email. I'd like to remind everyone where the University gets its money from: Tax payers (us), TV viewers (us), and fans (also, us) so I think it is great to have people share their opinions. Your opinion likely has very small impact when it comes down to it, but that shouldn't stop you from sharing it.

Now about Watson: every time I hear a good argument one way or the other, I change my mind. I have a strong feeling most of the emails/letters/calls about the situation are negative, so any Watson lovers out there should share their opinions. You are contributing just as much money to the program as the haters. I know it sounds cliche, but let your voice be heard.

Carry on. chuckleshuffle

yeah, that e-mail is presumptuous and pretentious. just because the team is not going the direction you want it to does not mean it is not going the direction TO wants it to go. if TO acted to the whims of every fan, i would hope he would get fired. it is a team sport and ultimately the blame falls on BO. but i do not think we have a right to complain. it does not help that the defense is so good, because by comparison the offense looks horrible. but i think it is headed in the right direction and even if you could blame our three losses on offense, it is only three losses, and then do you give credit for all our other wins to the offense equally? or does defense only win games and offense only loses games?

If I were TO I would not have wasted time replying to your email. You are an emotional fan ( amateur) They are mature professionals. Leave them to their work, and grow up a little bit ok? TO is working on my tax dollars so quit wasting his time would you? If Watston needs to go he will know it a hell of a lot faster and better than you. And he is very right about McBride.

as long as you were well-mannered in your e-mail, go ahead and state your feelings. the people that are saying that you shouldnt have emailed him are wrong, and it really shows something that he took the time to email you back, especially on a topic like this. tom knows how much weight his opinions and decisions carry in this state

thanks for sharing

If I were TO I would not have wasted time replying to your email. You are an emotional fan ( amateur) They are mature professionals. Leave them to their work, and grow up a little bit ok? TO is working on my tax dollars so quit wasting his time would you? If Watston needs to go he will know it a hell of a lot faster and better than you. And he is very right about McBride.

its probably not a good idea to "attack" people on the board when youre new. before you start calling other immature, look at what youre doing here.

listen, if people want to talk to tom, they can email him. he makes himself very open to discussion from fans and (speaking from personal experience) to students. the fact that the man chose to respond clearly states that he didnt think this email was a complete waste of time. im sure "your tax dollars", however precious they are, are going to good use.

you should be happy we have an AD like this. its something that few schools in the country get to treasure.

• Fire 1

OK folks, there you have it. Watson's not going anywhere involuntarily. TO pulled the "look what happened with Charlie McBride" card. That trumps the "look at the big dumps Watson took in the 3 biggest games of the year" card and the "look at the historically awful offense we had last year" card.

damn straight skippy.......well said.

but......you are not T.O........game,set,match.