Steinkuhler suspended from Holiday Bowl

Sure, it's a lapse of judgment that we've all had, but how many of us were starters for the Husker football team?

I know it's hard, but these kids have to realize they're representing something greater than themselves. This isn't one of those deals where close friends will get a good laugh and say "what an idiot" about it. Not very many kids end up with their name in a press release when they get a DUI.

Yep. Like many have said here at HuskerBoard, when we were 20 we made some poor decisions, too. Part of growing up. Here's hoping it's not too serious, and that it's a one-time issue.

I agree, but if you are as old as I am, DUIs weren't all that big of a deal back then and MAD was just coming out. Now days there is everything under the sun warning you about DUIs and as another member said, places offer FREE rides. I am sure that the college even promotes safety on these things or atleast the athletics.

Back then we had an excuse. Hell we would even laugh at the person who tried to be a DD. now there are no excuses.

I really hope he gets thru this and not bottle up and become worse. Good luck to him.

I remember the cops in Lincoln telling you to pull over and park it, and stay there till they came back by, or let someone else in the car drive, if you had someone else that was sober with you. Or if you were almost home, they would follow you there. Of course this was before MADD. Hopes this is a wake up call for him, and it doesn't have to happen again.

GBR!!!

Just be glad he wasn't texting also! I'll take my chances with 95% of the drunk drivers versus the people I see with a cell phone glued to their ear or typing away as they drive. They are a bigger issue. I'm starting a group called DATA.... Drunks against texting aholes!! By the way... I have never been DUIed. It's just that if someone is doing something stupid they generally are yaking on the phone as they drive. I see it on a daily basis. I wonder if someday we will see a player suspended for texting while driving? He's endangering lives as much as a drunk driver would be.....

I remember the cops in Lincoln telling you to pull over and park it, and stay there till they came back by, or let someone else in the car drive, if you had someone else that was sober with you.

Man how old are you? ........ this is not what I recall (hypothetically speaking of course).

Or if you were almost home, they would follow you there. Of course this was before MADD. Hopes this is a wake up call for him, and it doesn't have to happen again.

GBR!!!

At the end of the day I think that between his Dad, Bo and the Cops the cops are the least of his problems. When all is said and done I bet he can tell us how many steps are in Memorial Stadium.

I had a state patrolman follow me home after I flunked the road test. He made me pour out my beers and he wouldn't leave my parents driveway until my dad came to the door and waved at him. That evening did not end well! That was back in 1980 before MADD. :cheers

You have about 7 years on me ............ it was a great time to Watch the Huskers.

Just be glad he wasn't texting also! I'll take my chances with 95% of the drunk drivers versus the people I see with a cell phone glued to their ear or typing away as they drive. They are a bigger issue. I'm starting a group called DATA.... Drunks against texting aholes!! By the way... I have never been DUIed. It's just that if someone is doing something stupid they generally are yaking on the phone as they drive. I see it on a daily basis. I wonder if someday we will see a player suspended for texting while driving? He's endangering lives as much as a drunk driver would be.....

Good Point, next will be MAT "Mothers Against Texting"

You won't see that. Most of the times I see crappy drivers like that it is some Mom with a carload of kids!!!

You won't see that. Most of the times I see crappy drivers like that it is some Mom with a carload of kids!!!

F.A.T.M.O.M.S.

Fathers Against Texting Mothers On Mobile Services

• Fire 3

F.A.T.M.O.M.S.

Fathers Against Texting Mothers On Mobile Services

I'm In consider me a Charter Member !