Braylon Heard Article

I have been through 2 kids and ACT and I have yet to see a fraction score. He got a 17. No such score as a 17.25.

You get 4 scores and then they find the average as your composite. They round it to the nearest number, but 17.25 was his actual average without rounding.

Whoops, already posted. Thanks JTrain.

Edited by AK-47

Whats sad is he needs an 18 and can't get it. It not hard to pull an 18, I got a 20 and never really prepared for it. I hope everything works out for the young man, but it makes you wonder if he'll will be disciplined and smart enough to learn the offense let alone pass his classes.

This is simply not at all how it works. An ACT proves nothing as far as your capability to learn, especially when you're comparing math and football or reading and football. The ACT doesn't prove much about a person as a student, either. Back when I was taking the ACT, I scored 9 points higher than my girlfriend. Yet her college GPA was .7 points higher than mine at graduation (she also had a harder major).

Whats sad is he needs an 18 and can't get it. It not hard to pull an 18, I got a 20 and never really prepared for it. I hope everything works out for the young man, but it makes you wonder if he'll will be disciplined and smart enough to learn the offense let alone pass his classes.

This is simply not at all how it works. An ACT proves nothing as far as your capability to learn, especially when you're comparing math and football or reading and football. The ACT doesn't prove much about a person as a student, either. Back when I was taking the ACT, I scored 9 points higher than my girlfriend. Yet her college GPA was .7 points higher than mine at graduation (she also had a harder major).

How long has he been taking this test? Has to be at least a year. Granted a test like this means nothing in the long run, or in his ability to remember formations however, it contains basic building blocks for courses he will be taking as he progresses in his major. If he is serious about college then he should be well informed of the material on the test.

I'm not saying this test replicates his make-up as a person, it's just that after multiple attempts he has yet to "pass" a test as he shooting for the minimum score. An "F" more or less.

Not sure if you read this yet or not?

LINK

i hope he did well... he is either tripping out hard that he passed or totally suicidal.... you can usually tell if you nailed it or not.....

but anyways that article was really kinda sad and depressing.... but it was nice to see that BH was so committed to nebraska