Do something constructive?

Forge

Instead of commenting on rumors, bashing coaches, and speculating on why people visit the campus - I took a few minutes to send Bo Pelini a thank you letter by email. Nothing fancy, just thanked him for all the hard work and sacrifices he's made over the last three years to make the team what it is today.

I think a lot of us take for granted to quality of team and coaching staff we have. Things could be slightly better, yes. But they could be extremely worse (Yes, even worse than the Callahan days). We haven't felt the sting of a 0-12 season, or losing every b12 conference game. Don't say it cant happen - look at Texas this year with all that wasted talent. We don't seem to hesitate to bash someone or voice our own opinion when things dont go our way. But, how many times do we really thank those people when things are going good? With Christmas right around the corner, there really is no better time to be thankful for what we have and to show our appreciation to the people who dedicate their lives for our team (players, coaches and their families).

So, instead of passing rumors, bashing coaches or players, or speculating on this or that - spend that energy actually trying to help or build up the program you so desperately love. Mentor a student, write a thank you letter, donate to the university, tell a player how much you appreciate him, volunteer in the community - anything really, except wasting your time posting useless nonsense.

As I finished writing this post, I noticed I had a new email in my inbox. The letter stated:

"Thank you, Taylor. I appreciate your support!

Bo Pelini

Head Coach

University of Nebraska Football"

• Fire 6

this is a grand idea. And we need a NO sarcasm smiley. I saw it written somewhere once and cant quite recall if it was an exact quote from osborne or just a well written observation from some hack...but the jist of it was that coaching at nebraska, even with the microscope, was far more worth it because in reality the entire fanbase had your back when it came down to it.

First: You got that response from one of this secretaries. Bo's in practice. Don't be so naive.

Second: if the entire board was focused around this insane idea...zoogies wouldn't be well on his way to carpal tunnel, which while nice sound rather boring to me. I don't think that it's probably the best thing for your 3rd post to tell us we're all lazy and are wasting out times posting on a forum.

Third: This is the BS that I get tired of hearing. Do you think Bo settles? Do you think his players have settled? If you aren't constantly trying to be better why the hell bother with anything. Just lead your status-quo life. You know exactly where you'll end up (nowhere) and exactly how it will play out (slowly). Everything Bo preaches contradicts the below statement. And too many people around here are basing their entire support on people like Watson on "it could be worse" or "not sure it would be any better" - well if you don't try I will guarentee you it won't be any better. No business (and yes this is a business we are talking about) has ever had success moving forward with the philosophy of "it could be worse" - they move forward knowing it will be better. But sometimes changes have to be made to ensure that.

Things could be slightly better, yes. But they could be extremely worse

• Fire 1

i look it as we can still bitch and moan on the board, im all for that, but if you ran into pelini, what would you use the couple of seconds to say? I know it wouldnt be the half cocked post material i usually spew around here. It would be a handshake and a thank you. And why not take a minute or two to shoot off an email saying what that would be?

i look it as we can still bitch and moan on the board, im all for that, but if you ran into pelini, what would you use the couple of seconds to say? I know it wouldnt be the half cocked post material i usually spew around here. It would be a handshake and a thank you. And why not take a minute or two to shoot off an email saying what that would be?

because he gets hundreds if not thousands of emails like that weekly I'm sure. he can find them scattered amongst all the ones calling for watson's head :) - honestly though...Bo doesn't check/read the public email. some may get filtered to him - but for the most part he sees few if any. he has more important things to do than sit at his desk and read a bunch of love letters from fans...

well no sh#t hes not reading them. Im not naive. But i also know from my own business dealings that it still makes an impact. Like our silly voting parades-may not actually get a result but everyone knows we will always be there. quit railing the guy. Hes proposed the most harmless idea all week on the board and because were all in freak out mode it gets taken out on him.

• Fire 1

because he gets hundreds if not thousands of emails like that weekly I'm sure. he can find them scattered amongst all the ones calling for watson's head :) - honestly though...Bo doesn't check/read the public email. some may get filtered to him - but for the most part he sees few if any. he has more important things to do than sit at his desk and read a bunch of love letters from fans...

yes, im sure the responsibility of running a college football team takes up every meaningful second of his life. the mighty bo pelini is far too good to even read the common fans email.

more importantly, why are you so quick to condemn a fans kind gesture? im sure he gets enough emails from people telling him how to do his job, so for him, or whoever has to read them at the time, this is a nice change of pace. dont bash this guy for thanking our head coach

The way I see it, we all want better than what we got this season. But I'm not going to piss and moan and send emails asking for an assistant coach to be fired. I have faith that our coach also wants to improve and is capable of improving. If he wasn't, I would be asking T.O. to fire him. Since I don't feel that way, I will let him do his job.

The way I see it, we all want better than what we got this season. But I'm not going to piss and moan and send emails asking for an assistant coach to be fired. I have faith that our coach also wants to improve and is capable of improving. If he wasn't, I would be asking T.O. to fire him. Since I don't feel that way, I will let him do his job.

No, don't send him an email asking for people to be fired and bitching. He's saying send him an email of support and thank you for pulling our program out of the Callahan gutter.