Lavonte David needs 5 tackles to break record

I would have to say it will be done by the end of the 1st quarter at the latest. Great article in the journal star today. Love how Mel Kiper seems like hes not sure if David can make it on the next level because hes not big enough. I can think of a handful of "undersized" linebackers who have done pretty darn good in the league. Sam Mills, London Fletcher to name a couple. Big ups to you Lavonte. Good player, sounds like an even better person.

I look forward to David terrorizing Washington again.

And Kiper is a tool!!! :nutz

Kiper is a lot better than Mcshay. Just sayin'.

I would have to say it will be done by the end of the 1st quarter at the latest. Great article in the journal star today. Love how Mel Kiper seems like hes not sure if David can make it on the next level because hes not big enough. I can think of a handful of "undersized" linebackers who have done pretty darn good in the league. Sam Mills, London Fletcher to name a couple. Big ups to you Lavonte. Good player, sounds like an even better person.

Kiper's argument is that he doesn't know where to put him at. "The intrigue is in where, at 6-foot-1 and 215 pounds, does he project at the next level? He has safety size playing the middle linebacker position. Does he gain 10 pounds and project to outside linebacker? Do you convert him to safety? Those questions are still to be determined. What I do know at the present time is he possesses very good read-react ability. He has excellent speed to the football. He's extremely productive. And he can make big plays in a variety of ways."

• Fire 1

These season total records are kind of silly. For years teams played 9 or 10 games in the regular season. From the 70s to the 90s they played 11. Then it went up again (with 90% of major programs adding a creampuff) to 12, and the potential conference championship game making it 13 before the bowl. And the bowl game was never counted in season stats until 2002.

If David finishes with 153 tackles, that's 10.9 tackles per game. Lee Kunz had 12.8 per game in 1977, which is incredible but relegated to fourth in the records books.

• Fire 2

These season total records are kind of silly. For years teams played 9 or 10 games in the regular season. From the 70s to the 90s they played 11. Then it went up again (with 90% of major programs adding a creampuff) to 12, and the potential conference championship game making it 13 before the bowl. And the bowl game was never counted in season stats until 2002.

If David finishes with 153 tackles, that's 10.9 tackles per game. Lee Kunz had 12.8 per game in 1977, which is incredible but relegated to fourth in the records books.

I concur. Newer season records need a big ole * next to em

Who cares if he breaks the record this year??? He will just destroy it again next year!!!! :)

This is what I was going to post. If he stays healthy, there's little doubt he'll at least come close to beating it next year.

we're lucky to have this guy on the team.

he's a BEAST in every sense of the word!

We are lucky. Bo or Carl was saying that, out of High School, it's unlikely he would have come here if he didn't have to finish up some academic work. Likely he would have been snapped up by Florida or Miami or one of the other schools down there. It's serendipitous that he ended up at JUCO in Kansas, and then on to Nebraska.