new stud coming to the huskers (most likely)

alright although i love my huskers i attend the university of iowa and last night every iowa fan heard the news that rb jewel hampton was transferring. Jewel has had some injury problems but he has shown when he played that he was an absolute stud. I have heard all around iowa city that nebraska is his clear cut choice and its all up to the athletic director to release him to transfer to another big ten school. Although its been limited, i have seen him play and hes awesome will be a great compliment to burkhead

I'll say this much, Iowa is short on backs. You all got one we can borrow? I think because he has 2 bad knees and knew he could not compete at this level any longer, yet still wants to play he will transfer to a smaller school that will give him a good scholarship. Thats only my opinion!

alright although i love my huskers i attend the university of iowa and last night every iowa fan heard the news that rb jewel hampton was transferring. Jewel has had some injury problems but he has shown when he played that he was an absolute stud. I have heard all around iowa city that nebraska is his clear cut choice and its all up to the athletic director to release him to transfer to another big ten school. Although its been limited, i have seen him play and hes awesome will be a great compliment to burkhead

Ya sorry man but haven't seen anything on him going to Nebraska. I do know he is indeed transferring though

The Big Ten has a rule that you cannot receive a scholarship at another Big Ten school if you received one at another Big Ten school, or even if you sign a LOI to another school.

The only exceptions are that your sport is dropped at the school, or you don't get admitted to the school you signed an LOI for, or you win an appeal.

Even if we wanted to get around on a loophole that we're currently in the Big 12, I would be shocked if there wasn't a clause in their scholarship release that they couldn't go to Nebraska.

So he could walk on if he wanted, but that is it.