Huskers and Adidas?

Mosskid84

Nike would be nice, and you know Tom would say the only alternate jerseys we would wear would be throwbacks... which are awesome when done by Nike.

Also, of the past 13 BCS national championship games, only ONE team has won that has not been sponsored by Nike (Tennessee in 1998) and they were the ONLY team not sponsored by Nike to even APPEAR in the game until this year with Auburn (Under Armor). Statistically, Nike wins championships.

The matte black helmets the Nike schools wore for a few games look bad ass. But that is for schools like Oregon, our uniforms should always stay the same

I agree those black helmets look awesome! But I have always wondered why is it that other schools can have alternate uni's but Nebraska has to always keep the same? I mean I love tradition but whats wrong with have 1-2 games a year where we have an alternate jersey? I mean I love how we wore the retro ones for the 300th sellout why can't we do that each year but have it be different whether be retro or newly designed ones? I think that is the fun for the kid that play. I do agree that we do not go to the extent of Oregon having a different jersey each game but really wants wrong with having 1-2 games alternate jersey each year?

Teams with tradition don't need to resort to gimmicks like that.

Really what is so traditional with our uni's?? they are not the same as during the 90's 80's 70's so by your difinition we should keep the jersey's of the past in 70's when nebraska began to be national champions. correct? They are similar but seriously why not have 1 game a year that you where something different, even if they are retro "traditional" jerseys. what have we done with these jersey's that warrant tradition? We are nebraska the program is what has tradition not the jerseys its the "N" on the helmet that is tradition because it represents all things Nebraska! GO BIG RED!

No way. I hope we never switch to Nike.... ever. If we did, we'd have to change our uniforms.

We'd have to change them? Like Penn State, USC and Alabama have changed theirs?

Anyway, to answer the question, Nebraska's contract was signed in 2006 for 8 years, it will exprire in 2013.

Dunno about PS and Bama, but USC did. And I don't ever want to see Nebraska in a God-Awful Pro combat uni. They're all hideous.

Nike-Pro-Combat-Uniforms2.jpg

lineup_high_res_576.jpg

This reminds me of an article that I read. It's was about MJ's son Marcus Jordan. When he started at UCF they told him he could wear Jordan Nikes. Well adidas got pissed off and ended there multi million dollar contract with UCF. But it didn't take long for Nike to come in and save the day. I do believe they change there uniforms. Probably because they wanted to. To me it makes no difference. Am I the only one who likes Oregans Uniforms. I think they look bad a$$. Nebraska should keep the classic way though. But I would like to see Black jerseys for like special games.

No way. I hope we never switch to Nike.... ever. If we did, we'd have to change our uniforms.

Anyway, to answer the question, Nebraska's contract was signed in 2006 for 8 years, it will exprire in 2013.

Dunno about PS and Bama, but USC did. And I don't ever want to see Nebraska in a God-Awful Pro combat uni. They're all hideous.

Again, pro combat is just a fit of the jersey, some of the specific school designs may be awful, but pro combat does not mean wild and crazy in all cases.

Again, pro combat is just a fit of the jersey, some of the specific school designs may be awful, but pro combat does not mean wild and crazy in all cases.

You can't say something again if you haven't said it before.... For the most part, the "pro-combat" uni's are wild and crazy. We're f-ing Nebraska, not Boise State.

• Fire 1

I think that the Missouri jerseys are pretty BA

Really, the main and only reason I would want to switch to nike is for the fan apparel. I am not a big fan of the adidas apparel for fans or even the coaches/staff apparel we can buy as fans. They have gotten better, but still nothing as cool as Nike. Yes, you can find some Nike husker apparel but not much and usually not very cool because they just do basic stuff since no contract.

Really, the main and only reason I would want to switch to nike is for the fan apparel. I am not a big fan of the adidas apparel for fans or even the coaches/staff apparel we can buy as fans. They have gotten better, but still nothing as cool as Nike. Yes, you can find some Nike husker apparel but not much and usually not very cool because they just do basic stuff since no contract.

I don't like Nike's sizing, because it seems they make everything for short fat guys.

• Fire 1

And I gotta admit the pro combat throwbacks for tOSU have been amazing the last 2 years.

I think that the Missouri jerseys are pretty BA

And the pro combat throwback jerseys for tOSU have been amazing in their last 2 meetings with Michigan.