Was BO to Florida in the works?

http://www.theherdsword.com/2010/12/13/what-stab-meant/

Last week Colin gave the acronym, S.T.A.B., as to who would get the Florida Head Coaching job. Here’s what it meant.

Wednesday night Colin got a call from an excellent source that allowed him to break the Lane Kiffin to USC story and was told Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini was in discussions with Florida officials to be their next head coach. S.T.A.B. meant “Southern Ties, Advantage Bo”

The next day Pelini’s name was all over the sports pages in regards to the Miami job. That’s when things got blown up and discussions fell apart. Colin will stand by his word that Pelini was close to getting the Florida job.

I wouldn't be surprised, maybe BO was trying to work something out when it became front page news and felt pressured and took his name out.

Florida would be stupid to give Bo the reins to their program this early in his tenure. ATM they're one of the top two programs out there, maybe THE top. They have no reason whatsoever to give their team over to a guy who's had a year as rough as Bo's.

I don't buy a think Cowherd says. His "word" is worth a hill of beans. "Close" to getting the job means nothing. Bo could have been "close" to his phone waiting for it to ring, for all that means.

I won't believe this until someone (not naming names but his initials are BW) says it was discussed.

Florida would be stupid to give Bo the reins to their program this early in his tenure. ATM they're one of the top two programs out there, maybe THE top. They have no reason whatsoever to give their team over to a guy who's had a year as rough as Bo's.

I don't buy a think Cowherd says. His "word" is worth a hill of beans. "Close" to getting the job means nothing. Bo could have been "close" to his phone waiting for it to ring, for all that means.

I won't believe this until someone (not naming names but his initials are BW) says it was discussed.

Then they must be REALLY STUPID for giving it to Muschamp!!!

• Fire 3
so is Colin big-headed enough to actually say He is part of the reason the deal fell apart.

c’mon all ready.

The Herd’s head is as big as a Santa’s fat belly.

a comment to the S.T.A.B. herdsword article. Ha ha!

I think it's naive to think that Florida didn't talk with Bo, or at least send out some feelers.

They gave the job to Muschamp. Bo > Muschamp. Not only has Bo had more consistent and better defenses at a program that is less talent rich, but he has 3 years of head coaching experience.

The more of these big jobs that come up that Bo doesn't take, the better I feel about him staying at Nebraska. Pelini would have been a great get for Miami or Florida. Florida especially would have been a great program for any head coach who wants to win championships.

I like our chances of keeping Bo for a long time, at this point.

florida is a good job. i dont know about calling it one of the best spots in the country tho.

a little premature if you ask me. Urban Meyer is/was a hell of a coach. Steve Spurrier was as well.

they didnt even win a conference title until 1991. youre looking at miami or fsu, 2.0- how are those places looking as far as 'top 5' or whatever coaching jobs in the country now?

odds are florida is back to SEC mediocrity in the future rather than winning titles and MNC's.

Will Muschamps Defense was exactly lights out this year either. When was the last head coaching gig Will had?......NONE

http://www.theherdsword.com/2010/12/13/what-stab-meant/

Last week Colin gave the acronym, S.T.A.B., as to who would get the Florida Head Coaching job. Here’s what it meant.

Wednesday night Colin got a call from an excellent source that allowed him to break the Lane Kiffin to USC story and was told Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini was in discussions with Florida officials to be their next head coach. S.T.A.B. meant “Southern Ties, Advantage Bo”

The next day Pelini’s name was all over the sports pages in regards to the Miami job. That’s when things got blown up and discussions fell apart. Colin will stand by his word that Pelini was close to getting the Florida job.

I wouldn't be surprised, maybe BO was trying to work something out when it became front page news and felt pressured and took his name out.

Why dont you take your Rumor's and shove them! People like you are exactly what makes me sick. Bring facts or go home!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Muschamps Defense was exactly lights out this year either. When was the last head coaching gig Will had?......NONE

None - the same number of times Muschamp has been censured by his administration. The same number of times Muschamp has publicly embarrassed his school. The same number of times major media outlets have publicly questioned Muschamp's character.

NONE is not necessarily a bad thing. When you're hiring for the position they're hiring for, character plays a huge role. Bo's character has come into question a LOT in the past year. Muschamp... not so much.

Much as I love Bo, the honeymoon is over for me.

• Fire 1