Dailey talks NU

Dailey says he wishes best for Huskers

Associated Press

OMAHA, Neb. - If much-maligned former Nebraska quarterback Joe Dailey feels vindicated by the Cornhuskers' struggles on offense, he isn't saying.

Dailey, now at North Carolina, declined an Associated Press interview request. But he said in an e-mail that he wishes the best for the Huskers.

"From what I hear they are 3-0, and from that I know that they have done enough to make sure their side of the scoreboard has more points than the opposing teams'," Dailey wrote. "I hope they continue to win football games for the sake of the university, players and the coaching staff."

Recruited by former Nebraska coach Frank Solich to play in the triple-option offense, Dailey was the starter when coach Bill Callahan unveiled the West Coast offense last year. He completed 49.4 percent of his passes for 2,025 yards and 17 touchdowns but was intercepted 19 times. He was the target of much criticism as the Huskers went 5-6.

Dailey transferred to North Carolina after dropping to fourth on the depth chart last spring. He must sit out this season and will be a junior in eligibility next season.

Wow! Good for you, Joe :thumbs

I think that there are quite a few "fans" out there that should take a lesson or two from this 20 yr old kid about class :wtf

Ironic you say that. You might want to take the same advice :blink:

:rollin:rollin Just maybe north carolina told him to say that :wtf

I know istead of going to husker games by the espn ticket so you can watch NC instead.

I for one never thought that Joe was a bad guy, and under a different offense, he might have thrived here, but i always felt bad that he had to take the brunt of the criticism that he never really deserved. He did the best that he was capable of with what he had, and i never held any grudges. Did I want him to be the starting quarterback of my west coast offense...no, but did i want to run him out of town or talk bad about his character...absolutely not. Good luck Joe.

That's a good ?. FS's offense could use a jump start. They offered him a scholarship didn't they?

Best of luck to Joe.

One more question...How does a guy go from starter to fourth string without playing a game? Wouldn't it be nice just to have him here as a backup? We have NO experience behind ZT. If he goes down we might as well throw Beck to the wolves and play for next year.

I think that there are quite a few "fans" out there that should take a lesson or two from this 20 yr old kid about class :wtf

:rollin:rollin Just maybe north carolina told him to say that :wtf

I know istead of going to husker games by the espn ticket so you can watch NC instead.

Maybe if you could learn to spell :dumdum , and actually add something of significance to the board instead of taking ill-placed pot-shots at me, we could have a decent conversation :wacko:

Grow up.

I beleive this to be a personal attack on FF and will only lead to an arguement

Agreed, ETR :thumbs

Nameless :dumdum , I have another thread for you in the Woodshed :bat