lol watson, your playcalling is laughable

With how much they were blitzing, the short passing game was there all night. God forbid we do what they were giving us.

No, that's the pansy thing to do. We gotta have an 'identity' and take what we want. <_<

I agree, the cushion we had on our receivers early on was amazing. I thought, quickslant all day into that.

With how much they were blitzing, the short passing game was there all night. God forbid we do what they were giving us.

No, that's the pansy thing to do. We gotta have an 'identity' and take what we want. <_<

I agree, the cushion we had on our receivers early on was amazing. I thought, quickslant all day into that.

Zoogies, I read your stuff fairly often and I have no idea what your view is on the offense. You're all over the place or I'm just not getting it??????

Zoogies, I read your stuff fairly often and I have no idea what your view is on the offense. You're all over the place or I'm just not getting it??????

What do you want to know?

What I am getting at up there, is that offenses, any offense, should be multiple. There is too much of an anti-'multiple' stigma out there. This goes beyond specific coordinators and even specific offensive schemes. They all need to hit the defense in different ways, take what is given. My personal preference involves more of a passing offense. But really an expert QB is what is most important, and by that I mean a QB that excels in the mental, pre-snap aspects of the game, as well as execution afterwards.

On our offense, I did not agree with the decision at the start of the year, have not agreed with starting Taylor lately, but I view Watson as a capable OC and a good offensive mind. Maybe a poor fit here.

Specific to the offense we saw tonight, a lot of questions to ask about it, bad situations or not. Taylor under center? Playcalling, design, all seemed to be off. But - the biggest factor was again execution. We seemed to come out hot; then Burkhead fumbled and we completely lost it. Where is this team's mental fortitude?

• Fire 2

No, that's the pansy thing to do. We gotta have an 'identity' and take what we want. dry.gif

What do you want to know?

What I am getting at up there, is that offenses, any offense, should be multiple. There is too much of an anti-'multiple' stigma out there. This goes beyond specific coordinators and even specific offensive schemes. They all need to hit the defense in different ways, take what is given. My personal preference involves more of a passing offense. But really an expert QB is what is most important, and by that I mean a QB that excels in the mental, pre-snap aspects of the game, as well as execution afterwards.

On our offense, I did not agree with the decision at the start of the year, have not agreed with starting Taylor lately, but I view Watson as a capable OC and a good offensive mind. Maybe a poor fit here.

Specific to the offense we saw tonight, a lot of questions to ask about it, bad situations or not. Taylor under center? Playcalling, design, all seemed to be off. But - the biggest factor was again execution. We seemed to come out hot; then Burkhead fumbled and we completely lost it. Where is this team's mental fortitude?

Agreed 100%, we have a thrown together offensive unit that obviously doesn't work well together. They can be very good, or very bad, there is little middle ground. You have Wats and Gilmore in one camp, Ron Brown in his own, Barney in his own, and I'm not sure on Beck, but guessing he stands pretty much alone also.