Rich Rod 4 OC!

rumors are flying that Denard Robinson will transfer

To where?

who knows. He can't go to a Big Ten school. B10 rules prohibit this, he won't be able to get a scholarship

He should hurry up and transfer here, before we make the switch to the Big 10.

And IDK why people bag on RichRod for his body of work (record against ranked teams, blowout bowl loss, terrible first season at Michigan). We want him as the OC not the head coach. IIRC, Rich's offense was darned good at Michigan, and we already have the athletes to run the scheme.

His downfall was his team's atrocious defense. He won't go anywhere near Bo's masterpiece of a defense.

Maybe cuz of this?

Several Michigan players have transferred and subsequently criticized Rodriguez. Justin Boren transferred from the program to rival Ohio State citing offensive behavior and a "lack of family values" from the coaching staff. Others have supported the assertion about a lack of family values, including Detroit Fre Press writer Michael Rosenberg, who stated "Rodriguez's staff uses some of the foulest, most degrading language imaginable. I know coaches curse, and I'm no prude, but this goes way beyond a few dirty words. He belittles his players. This is a big part of why offensive lineman Justin Boren left the team. He felt his dignity was at stake." Boren became first team all Big Ten at Ohio State University in the 2009 season. Former Michigan player Kurt Wermers claimed to not get along with coaches after transferring following the 2008 season.

Or this?

Prior to the 2009 season several anonymous players told the Detroit Free Press that Rodriguez and his coaching staff had habitually violated NCAA rules. The offenses included attending unofficial scrimmages and requiring players to work out more hours than NCAA rules permit for the off-season. Rodriguez denied the allegations. On October 27, 2009, the NCAA sent a Notice of Inquiry to the University of Michigan stating the NCAA found reasonably reliable information indicating NCAA rule violations. Following the Notice, the investigation into potential major violations continued. On November 16, 2009, the University of Michigan Auditors looking into the NCAA violations discovered that Rich Rodriguez and the University of Michigan Football coaching staff failed to file monthly logs that track how much players work out and practice.

Then on February 22, 2010, the NCAA formally accused Michigan of five "major rules violations" after finding that the team and its coaching staff failed to comply with practice time rules under coach Rich Rodriguez, and used several graduate assistants in coaching position in contravention of NCAA regulations on the limits of the number of coaches. This marked the first time that major violations have been alleged against the Michigan football program. All of the violations dated from January 2008 forward, which coincided with Rodriguez's arrival at Michigan. The University of Michigan has acknowledged that it committed four major violations in its football program, and the NCAA will make finding on another major violation.

NO THANKS! We have had enough distractions this season, bringing this guy in will only cause more.

He won't be the head coach. His duties would be like this

1. Offensive coaching

2. Offensive gameplan

3. Recruiting

... That's it

Why in the world would we want Rich Rod? His offense worked in the Big East against lower competition, but it doesn't work in the Big 10. Trust me we want this guy no where NEAR Nebraska football

That's why Michigan finished 6th in total offense averaging over 500 yards? 85 yards more than Nebraska averaged this year? And remember, Nebraska numbers are against some of the worse defenses in Division 1. Michigan played an entirely different schedule in regards to defensive opponents.

Their offense was high flying when they faced teams like Bowling Green and UMASS at the beginning of the year but as the season went on they couldn't move the ball against the top dogs in the Big 10.

Why in the world would we want Rich Rod? His offense worked in the Big East against lower competition, but it doesn't work in the Big 10. Trust me we want this guy no where NEAR Nebraska football

That's why Michigan finished 6th in total offense averaging over 500 yards? 85 yards more than Nebraska averaged this year? And remember, Nebraska numbers are against some of the worse defenses in Division 1. Michigan played an entirely different schedule in regards to defensive opponents.

Their offense was high flying when they faced teams like Bowling Green and UMASS at the beginning of the year but as the season went on they couldn't move the ball against the top dogs in the Big 10.

Yes they could. They just couldn't stop anyone on defense.

Their offense put up 28 against Iowa and Wisconsin, 31 against Penn State. The Ohio State game was garbage and they only scored 7, but that was a rivalry game and Michigan was severely outmatched.

Their offense put up 28 against Iowa and Wisconsin, 31 against Penn State. The Ohio State game was garbage and they only scored 7, but that was a rivalry game and Michigan was severely outmatched.

In the Iowa game Michigan scored 21 garbage points in the 4th quarter after scoring 1 touchdown earlier, Penn St. was not good at all this year, and Michigan was shut out in the first half against Wisconsin at home. Their offense has those gaudy numbers because either they face terrible competition or the other team is playing soft defense because they already have a huge lead. Rich Rod would not work don't be fooled like a lot of Michigan fans were when he brought this offense to their school.

I understand Les Miles, but why would Bo's name come up at Michigan? Michigan fans better hope and pray they don't get Les Miles. We've seen what little he can do with superior talent.

Miles to Meetchicken, Bo to LSU.

Ok, this makes a lot more sense.

I was told today that Michigan would go after Bo Pelini..

I thought it was a joke at first, but makes about as much sense as anything other than Harbaugh going back.

UM has been missing their tough Defensive identity for several seasons and sounds like the boosters would like to look into bringing in a defensive minded coach..Plus they could piss off tOSU again by taking another one of their Bo.s...again.

I thought we were about a decade late when Pedey got the wild hair to bring in someone who's name should never be uttered and "his" WCO..The "Spread" seems to have all but run it's course..The next "big thing" probably remains to be seen out there somewhere, but I think what we need is someone capable of continually learning/creating and able to make adjustments on the fly depending on opponent and what they happen to throw at us.

It's been way too long since we've seen an Offense like that.

I understand Les Miles, but why would Bo's name come up at Michigan? Michigan fans better hope and pray they don't get Les Miles. We've seen what little he can do with superior talent.

Miles to Meetchicken, Bo to LSU.

Ok, this makes a lot more sense.

I was told today that Michigan would go after Bo Pelini..

I thought it was a joke at first, but makes about as much sense as anything other than Harbaugh going back.

UM has been missing their tough Defensive identity for several seasons and sounds like the boosters would like to look into bringing in a defensive minded coach..Plus they could piss off tOSU again by taking another one of their Bo.s...again.

I thought we were about a decade late when Pedey got the wild hair to bring in someone who's name should never be uttered and "his" WCO..The "Spread" seems to have all but run it's course..The next "big thing" probably remains to be seen out there somewhere, but I think what we need is someone capable of continually learning/creating and able to make adjustments on the fly depending on opponent and what they happen to throw at us.

It's been way too long since we've seen an Offense like that.

businessman-banging-his-head-against-the-wall-ispc026073.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!! hes fired http://www.myfoxdetr...-football-coach

and the University jet is in Miami http://flightaware.c...e/flight/N469RJ

ESPN is now reporting that the Michigan AD stated that there hasn't been a decision on Dick Rod.

from what i heard he is gone. Just no official announcement yet. The 7pm team meeting last night has been moved to today at 4pm. the meeting today between RR and DB is about the transistion to not destroy this recruiting class. Who is the replacement is under lock and key and no one knows. I've been hearing Brady Hoke alot but I am not for him. I want Chuck Martin

To where?

who knows. He can't go to a Big Ten school. B10 rules prohibit this, he won't be able to get a scholarship

Um...Justin Boren got a scholarship when he transferred to Ohio State.

No he didn't

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3363195

Boren, who went to high school in a Columbus, Ohio, suburb, will be paying his own way at Ohio State for the rest of his collegiate career. Under Big Ten rules, he will not be able to receive an athletic scholarship from the Buckeyes.

Sure Rich Rod would be great... but highly doubtful he would accept tht position. Im sure he'll be lookin for a HC job. Wht really matters and is the true question.. is martinez fit for Qb? because he is way too one dimensional and have people maybe considered that that is the reason why our offense struggled? sure i love martinez but he's not a QB... maybe D back??

In the Iowa game Michigan scored 21 garbage points in the 4th quarter after scoring 1 touchdown earlier, Penn St. was not good at all this year, and Michigan was shut out in the first half against Wisconsin at home. Their offense has those gaudy numbers because either they face terrible competition or the other team is playing soft defense because they already have a huge lead. Rich Rod would not work don't be fooled like a lot of Michigan fans were when he brought this offense to their school.

There are still Nebraska fans enamored with Clownahan's wonderful offense where it put up gaudy numbers against the likes of USC's cheerleading squad and band members. Good to great offenses put up 40+ points on good/great defenses like Okie State did to us this year. They don't put up seven points against OU like Clownahan's great offense.

To where?

Um...Justin Boren got a scholarship when he transferred to Ohio State.

No he didn't

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3363195

Boren, who went to high school in a Columbus, Ohio, suburb, will be paying his own way at Ohio State for the rest of his collegiate career. Under Big Ten rules, he will not be able to receive an athletic scholarship from the Buckeyes.

I stand corrected. My apologies.