Rich Rod 4 OC!

So I know Beck will be the new OC IF Watson is gone, but how awesome would it be to get Rich Rodriguez as our OC?! He is spread genius and a recruiting master!

Riiiiiight. You just know this to be fact. Ok. Sure.

I would love to see Rich as our OC. His downfall is his inability to field a defense. Our downfall is our inability to field an offense. He has experience as a head coach, which would suit him well if he came here considering what appears to be Bo's hands-off approach to the offensive side of the ball. Just imagine if Michigan paired their offense with our defense this year.....

Heck we pay assistants quite a bit of money. If Rich went to be a head coach at a school in a lesser conference, the difference in salary between there and the OC here couldn't be that drastic.

Won't happen, but it sounds like a match made in heaven to me.

This would be a perfect fit for where we want to go with our offense, but I think RichRod will get picked up somewhere as a head coach. His time at Michigan wasn't that bad.

looks pretty bad after todays game!

He was in a New Years day bowl game. Michigan might fire him for getting slaughtered in it, but 95% of teams in the country would love to have a head coach who could get them to a new years day bowl in a conference as tough as the Big 10, no matter how bad they got beat once they got there.

It's hard to argue against Beck being such a solid recruiter. That seems to be what gets a rise out of everyone.

My question to everyone is 'What good is a recruiter if they can't do anything with the players?'. I don't know whether or not Beck would be a good OC or not, but I think we need to be careful what we wish for.

I always think about John Blake when you talk about amazing recruiters that can't coach. I'd rather have a proven OC right now.

the 14 pts against Miss State is very Watson like. I know MissSt has a good defense, so this just further proves the point. Anybody that wants RichRod is smoking some serious acid.

Signed Tom Osborne being shutout in the 1991 Orange Bowl, only putting up 3 points in the 1988 Orange Bowl and averaging 11.8 PPG in bowls between 1988 and 1993.