If all the offensive staff is back next year...

beanman

Let's assume that no one is fired or moves on. Will we still be running the zone read offense next year? What will our identity be? I'm just curious what you all think.

Sadly I honestly don't see a ton of changes. Bo always preaches execution and pins poor performances on a lack of execution IMO I think he is more concerned with that than with the scheme. I hope to see some screen passes and hopefully we can find a wide receiver that can make plays to take the pressure off our running game.

When is Bo going to fix anything on offense? He has had all year and hasn't done sh#t about it. He needs to let Carl take over the defense and fix the offense. Even if he doesn't know how at least be more involved. Could've tried to fix the effing 30 fumbles or false starts.

You just identified the problem not the solution.

So because Bo isn't an offense guy he can't fix the little things that have plagued us all year? that's ridiculous.

If we are going to keep Watson's average ass we should let him run the show in terms of scheme and personnel, he is competent(nothing special but competent) with what he really knows. Wats running(and developing qb's for) spread-option doesn't really work, especially with Bo pushing his qb.

This is a pivotal time. I'd say Bo needs to look at every staff member and decide if he can hire somebody that will do the job better. In the case of a few guys I would think the answer is yes. Of course we want continuity but we shouldn't settle in order to get it. We have too many recruiting disadvantages to accept meh coaching. Callahan never made change. Solich made it a little too late. I believe Osborne had to "crack some eggs" a few years into his tenure. Solich never wanted to Bohl, gave-in to McBride and TO on that one, he finally went-out and made a statement hire in Bo. I think Bo needs to out and make his statement-hire.

Let's assume that no one is fired or moves on. Will we still be running the zone read offense next year? What will our identity be? I'm just curious what you all think.

Sadly I honestly don't see a ton of changes. Bo always preaches execution and pins poor performances on a lack of execution IMO I think he is more concerned with that than with the scheme. I hope to see some screen passes and hopefully we can find a wide receiver that can make plays to take the pressure off our running game.

When is Bo going to fix anything on offense? He has had all year and hasn't done sh#t about it. He needs to let Carl take over the defense and fix the offense. Even if he doesn't know how at least be more involved. Could've tried to fix the effing 30 fumbles or false starts.

So because Bo isn't an offense guy he can't fix the little things that have plagued us all year? that's ridiculous.

That is not what EZ said. A poster asked when is Bo going to step in and fix the offense. EZ pointed out that Bo HAS stepped in and "fixed" the offense since 2008 and particularly this year.

That is not what EZ said. A poster asked when is Bo going to step in and fix the offense. EZ pointed out that Bo HAS stepped in and "fixed" the offense since 2008 and particularly this year.

Bo may have changed offensive philosophy but we still have illegal formations all year and fumbles. If Bo has stepped in he didn't fix the small things which doomed us. I don't remember regressing last year on offense like this year. We were a one trick pony this year.

our coaches are pathetic, 45+ fumbles on the season, penalties, probably a couple thousand yards there.....my gawd, where the hell is the discipline in the coaching?

personal fouls, etc....the whole approach, including Pelini's style, needs to be reviewed.

if we don't replace at least Wats and Cotton we are screwed...if Bo is stupid enough to keep the status quo, he deserves to have his ass run off after next season...all things remaining, we will not be better than 6-6 next year...that makes me sick! to waste another season because we don't fire coachs is bullsh#t! screw loyalty, i want results!

Yeah but he was a defensive lineman. I'd take 100 Wiegerts over one Jason Peter.

I'd take them both, in a heartbeat. Both were freaks. Both would be the best guy on either line - both would be the best we've had on either line in a decade, probably.

I'm sorry, did you just say that Peter > Suh???

Yeah but he was a defensive lineman. I'd take 100 Wiegerts over one Jason Peter.

I'd take them both, in a heartbeat. Both were freaks. Both would be the best guy on either line - both would be the best we've had on either line in a decade, probably.

Suh would beat you up then help you get up, Peter would beat you up then go look for your brother, then your friends etc... ;)

You gotta be kidding EZ-E.

You're saying the offense would be fine if Bo didn't interfer? Compadre', he's interfered because it's been a colossal failure. Almost any HC would have done the same thing under desperation. Bo wouldn't touch a thing if we had a productive offense and won't when we have one.

I don't think Bo has helped the O. He put them in a shell last season and pushed TM down our throats this season even after the injury. But at the same time I don't see the playcalling, adjustments, or qb-development I want from Wats. He's a just-alright WCO-guy trying to run a spread-option scheme. If we do keep him we should go back towards the '08 O. Gilmore's WR's haven't stepped-up. Barney's line has been too inconsistent and penalty-prone. We have an absurd amount of fumbles. Our O could obviously be coached better.

I think he was speaking of the killer attitude we need on the lines, not talent.