NFL Draft

I'm surprised Niles is being touted as a third-round selection. He's got a highlight reel a mile long, but he's got an equally long lowlight reel. Sure, it's hard to say how he'll translate to the NFL, but there are just SO MANY wideouts out there... I can't see him going that high.

Please tell me what would make up this "mile long highlight reel?" His couple of run backs on punt and kick off returns?

I'm surprised Niles is being touted as a third-round selection. He's got a highlight reel a mile long, but he's got an equally long lowlight reel. Sure, it's hard to say how he'll translate to the NFL, but there are just SO MANY wideouts out there... I can't see him going that high.

Please tell me what would make up this "mile long highlight reel?" His couple of run backs on punt and kick off returns?

i found this one

Think Gomes will be a 3rd to 4th rounder. He's a football player and I think he's going to end up impressing some team enough that they are going to grab him.

They say that Gomes 40 time is in the low 4.6 range. I agree he's a baller, but he may not transition well to the NFL. Probably be a FA. Hagg might also be a 'tweener' with no real posistion.

• 2 weeks later...

So folks.... what is your take on the draft status of some of our players --- and, moreover, what do you see as the potential in the NFL of some of our guys:

Dejon Gomes Eric Hagg Prince Amukamara Kieth Williams Niles Paul Alex Henery Pierre Allen and Roy Helu?

The one who intrigues me most is Roy Helu --- I am very, very impressed with him. He seems to have it all: size, strength, quickness, speed. Seems he will be a steal for someone and I expect him to be an eventual starter in the NFL and a good one at that. I'd guess he will not be a top 3 round guy but a guy that some team will love having.

So... what are your thoughts?

Dejon Gomes: Round 3-5

Eric Hagg: Round 6-FA

Prince: #5-#10 in the first round

Keith Williams: Round 7-FA

Niles Paul: Round 4-6

Alex Henery: Round 3-4

Pierre Allen: Round 5-6

Roy Helu: Round 4-5

Just my opinion, and from other mocks I have seen.

Hmnn... I have not seen any mock drafts. But Hagg strikes me as quite a player and his draft status that you report seems low. Nile Paul seems high to me --- I'd think he'd go undrafted as a FA. Could be wrong though because his measurables will likely be good.

Like you report, the 4-5th round for Roy seems right --- and again, I think he will be really a great draft bargain for someone (as a bear fan, I hope he lands there).

Wasn't keith Williams at one time regarded pretty highly? How has he fallen to a potential FA --- or am I remembering wrong --- I thought at one time he was a candidate for being next in line after Prince as a draftable Husker?

Hmnn... I have not seen any mock drafts. But Hagg strikes me as quite a player and his draft status that you report seems low. Nile Paul seems high to me --- I'd think he'd go undrafted as a FA. Could be wrong though because his measurables will likely be good.

Like you report, the 4-5th round for Roy seems right --- and again, I think he will be really a great draft bargain for someone (as a bear fan, I hope he lands there).

Wasn't keith Williams at one time regarded pretty highly? How has he fallen to a potential FA --- or am I remembering wrong --- I thought at one time he was a candidate for being next in line after Prince as a draftable Husker?

Reguarding keith, I believe there are some questions about his durability.