Pedersen Working his Magic at Pitt

pederson-a.jpg

A movement is gaining momentum to pressure Nordenberg to fire Pederson or face the possibility of prominent donors withholding financial support.

"If Pederson remains, I'm done," said Paul Helsel, a 1966 graduate who played baseball at Pitt and donates between $10,000 to $25,000 annually to the university. "There are so many people like me who are upset."

What should get Pitt's attention is the backing of big-money booster Armand Dellovade, 73, of Canonsburg. Dellovade, who owns a contracting company in Washington County, said he donates about $60,000 annually to Pitt. He has 34 football season tickets, including two dozen seats in the prestigious club level, and 10 season tickets to men's basketball games. Dellovade said he is contemplating ending his financial support if Pederson continues to run the athletic department. "He should be gone," Dellovade said.

Ha ha! Looks like his run at Pitt is about over. Pederson is the Typhoid Mary of college football.

pederson-a.jpg

A movement is gaining momentum to pressure Nordenberg to fire Pederson or face the possibility of prominent donors withholding financial support.

"If Pederson remains, I'm done," said Paul Helsel, a 1966 graduate who played baseball at Pitt and donates between $10,000 to $25,000 annually to the university. "There are so many people like me who are upset."

What should get Pitt's attention is the backing of big-money booster Armand Dellovade, 73, of Canonsburg. Dellovade, who owns a contracting company in Washington County, said he donates about $60,000 annually to Pitt. He has 34 football season tickets, including two dozen seats in the prestigious club level, and 10 season tickets to men's basketball games. Dellovade said he is contemplating ending his financial support if Pederson continues to run the athletic department. "He should be gone," Dellovade said.

Ha ha! Looks like his run at Pitt is about over. Pederson is the Typhoid Mary of college football.

And he is so smug and arrogant with having done anything to have earned it.

I'm good with getting rid of Wanny, a mediocre HC Pedey was wrong about to begin with, if Pitt wants to win con-championships Wanny is not the guy. But to go into another football-HC search so ill-prepared speaks volumes about the guy. After the trainwreck of '03/early '04 you'd think he'd be more ready.

Ive been reading up on his history at Pitt (since I was young in those days)...turns out that this man LOVES destroying the tradition at proud universities. From wikipedia:

He removed several employees of the athletic department and In the spring of 1997 changed and standardized the athletic uniforms, colors, and logos used by Pittsburgh Athletic Department to emphasize the heritage and location of the University.[3] This involved demphasizing the traditional use of "Pitt" in preference for the use of "Pittsburgh" to refer to the school in press releases and in signage. In doing so, he also abandoned the use of the traditional "Pitt script" logo that had adorned football helmets since 1973. New logos designed by Peter Moore that utilized a "torch-cut" font, which alluded to the heritage of Pittsburgh's steel industry, were introduced along with a new Panther logo with a similar torch-cut style. The blue and gold shades used by the athletic department, previously royal to navy blue and yellow to mustard gold, were also changed to midnight blue and vegas gold. In addition, the existing Golden Panther booster club organization was scrapped and replaced with a new club termed Team Pittsburgh. These moves were controversial among fans, boosters and traditionalists of the University of Pittsburgh athletic teams.

Simply incredible, how this man even got his Pitt job back is mind-blowing.

Ive been reading up on his history at Pitt (since I was young in those days)...turns out that this man LOVES destroying the tradition at proud universities. From wikipedia:

He removed several employees of the athletic department and In the spring of 1997 changed and standardized the athletic uniforms, colors, and logos used by Pittsburgh Athletic Department to emphasize the heritage and location of the University.[3] This involved demphasizing the traditional use of "Pitt" in preference for the use of "Pittsburgh" to refer to the school in press releases and in signage. In doing so, he also abandoned the use of the traditional "Pitt script" logo that had adorned football helmets since 1973. New logos designed by Peter Moore that utilized a "torch-cut" font, which alluded to the heritage of Pittsburgh's steel industry, were introduced along with a new Panther logo with a similar torch-cut style. The blue and gold shades used by the athletic department, previously royal to navy blue and yellow to mustard gold, were also changed to midnight blue and vegas gold. In addition, the existing Golden Panther booster club organization was scrapped and replaced with a new club termed Team Pittsburgh. These moves were controversial among fans, boosters and traditionalists of the University of Pittsburgh athletic teams.

Simply incredible, how this man even got his Pitt job back is mind-blowing.

Yeah, I too was shocked they hired the human slimeball again. I figure he "must" have some family high in the hierarchy at Pitt.

I'm good with getting rid of Wanny, a mediocre HC Pedey was wrong about to begin with, if Pitt wants to win con-championships Wanny is not the guy. But to go into another football-HC search so ill-prepared speaks volumes about the guy. After the trainwreck of '03/early '04 you'd think he'd be more ready.

:yeah