Welcome to Danny Woodhead's world

The comparisons latently based upon race are frustrating and stupid. I have heard Rex being compared to Toby Gerhart, which is completely ridiculous as well. Woodhead is his own breed, as NewEarth pointed out, he more closely resembles Cory Ross than any other recent back based upon production, versatility and size. If the poster was making the point that Woodhead would have been as versatile at NU as Rex is, then I think he may be on to something. Otherwise, hard to ignore the connection that was made.

:yeah

Clownahan screwed the pooch twice...

Once with the Huskers, again with the Jets...

Don't want to get into a huge Callahan debate, but how has he screwed the Jets? He was an assistant coach of the year and the Jets have one of the best lines in the league. If you're referring to the Jets cutting Danny that wasn't his decision...players on the practice squad / roster bubble get cut all the time with an unwritten agreement that if they are not claimed they'll be resigned when there's space. That's kinda the situation Danny was in trying to join the Huskers too. Callahan didn't want 170 players on the roster, he wanted a more manageable number and as result the walk on program was scaled back while scholarships were not gambled. If anything blame Peddy because he knew those are the types of changes Callahan would make being an NFL coach.

I like Danny but it's just too easy to look at surprise players in hindsight. Going to Chadron and doing as well as he did there may have actually been better for him. Really doubt that he's looking back with any regrets.

he would have been Rex ......before rex

Why because they are both white? :dunno

Other than that being an obvious and fairly irrelevent point. I think he was referring to a RB that is hardnosed, always seems to fall forward, elusive, deceptively quick, great hands out of the backfield, and a player that isn't afraid to step in and block a larger blitzing LB or DLineman. All things Rex does regularly and Danny did at CSC.

Cory Ross did all those things yet you never hear anyone compare Burkhead to him. <_<

Exactly right

I still hate articles like that. It always makes it seem like all we do in Western Nebraska is tend to the cows, slop the hogs, and watch football.

But good for Danny. I did not like him in high school, he was a prick, but I can't hate on him for his success.

I have no problems with articles about Nebraska like this one. You all think that Georgia is hillbillies and one-toothed women, (actually West VA) so I think it's only fair.

I still hate articles like that. It always makes it seem like all we do in Western Nebraska is tend to the cows, slop the hogs, and watch football.

But good for Danny. I did not like him in high school, he was a prick, but I can't hate on him for his success.

I have no problems with articles about Nebraska like this one. You all think that Georgia is hillbillies and one-toothed women, (actually West VA) so I think it's only fair.

All I ever hear about Georgia is how Atlanta is the center of the universe

he would have been Rex ......before rex

Why because they are both white? :dunno

Other than that being an obvious and fairly irrelevent point. I think he was referring to a RB that is hardnosed, always seems to fall forward, elusive, deceptively quick, great hands out of the backfield, and a player that isn't afraid to step in and block a larger blitzing LB or DLineman. All things Rex does regularly and Danny did at CSC.

Cory Ross did all those things yet you never hear anyone compare Burkhead to him. <_<

Cory Ross was a bowling ball. Burkhead and Woodhead are of a similar body type.

Stop trying to make this a racial thing. Grow up. :facepalm:

thats_racist.gif

its easy to say that Nebraska should have recruited woodhead, and im sure he was a great player in high school, but there was no way of predicting he would be as good as he turned out, i played with a guy at pitt state named eric love from cozad. anybody remember him, i think he set some state rushing records there, and Nebraska didnt recruit him cuz of his height and he has panned out at pitt