With the announcment that the Iphone will be available to Verizon on February 10th I was just curious to see who's planning on picking one up on that day or later in the future.

I plan on picking up the Iphone this summer because I have a feeling that they'll have a better version of the Iphone then.

My buddy has gone thru 5 Samsung Fascinates (me only one) and Verizon finally told him that since he keeps getting the same problem with that phone that he can get a different phone at the Fascinate price which is $299 so he's getting the Iphone on the 10 of February.

I have an iphone currently. My contract runs out in February, so ive really been hoping verizon gets it, bc AT&T reception is terrible and I want to switch. Then the unthinkable happened. In December, I dropped my phone and the LCD screen cracked, leaving my phone broken, unable to see the screen. So I had to get a new phone (and with that a new 2yr contract with AT&T) ASAP to be able to connect to the world again. . .and then F-in Verizon comes out and says "iPhones in February!"

Anyways, I'm bitter.

I'm wondering if they are going to run into the logjam that happened on AT&T's network. Let me know how it works once you get one!

I'll let you know what my buddy thinks of it come February. I thought about getting the Iphone but with the Motorola Bionic hopefully rolling out sometime this summer I'm really intriqued into probably getting that phone anything to get rid of the POS Samsung Fascinate.

The downfall with the Iphone is the 3.5" screen size and no SD card. Also the new Iphone 4 on Verizon won't offer 4G network and might not have it available till the end of this year when the new version of the Iphone is available.

My dad does telecommunications for the railroad. Needless to say he does tons of business with wireless carriers and he is telling me that 4G won't reach the Omaha area for 1-3 years. He said it will start with the big cities like New York LA and places like that then move towards Omaha and so on.

i wish i could...touchscreen phones do not survive in my line of work, period. i, and many like me, get made fun of all the time for carrying flip phones, especially older nextel bricks. they last though.

greasy, dirty, and/or sh#t covered hands coupled with various dirty cabs dont play nice with iPhones and the like. my uncle got a windows based touchscreen so he could run some of our GPS programs on it...worked great in the store and the office...a week into harvest during our first big grease covered break down needing to order parts, he couldnt get it to work in the conditions, and it completely gave up the ghost not long after that. back to the flip phone.

dumb farmers.

I'm in KC and we have 4G - it's not really practical to use. Everyone I know turns if off for 99% of their phone usage because the battery life of your phone w/ it on is 20% of what it is with it off. I wouldn't let the lack of 4G keep you from moving personally.

As for the screen size - do you want something bigger? Phones are getting back to the point where you can't even carry them in your pocket anymore. Frankly, I hope they reduce the iPhone screen size some so I don't have to lug the thing around. I don't need to watch a 3 hour HD movie on it, or listen to "surround sound".

I due for a renewal in July, so that means they'll probably give me the 3 month early renewal some time in April or May. I'm thinking about going with the Iphone then. My ex-gf had one and loved it, but AT&T sucked so bad. She could barely get reception some places, and their customer service is beyond horrible.

The only deal is, I have internet at work and home ($35 per month, my phone bill has never been over $55 per month, so I'm deciding whether I really need to double or triple my phone bill just to have the Iphone. I currently have a smart phone and have only used the internet a handful of times. I'm glad its coming to Verizon, though.

I'll let you know what my buddy thinks of it come February. I thought about getting the Iphone but with the Motorola Bionic hopefully rolling out sometime this summer I'm really intriqued into probably getting that phone anything to get rid of the POS Samsung Fascinate.

The downfall with the Iphone is the 3.5" screen size and no SD card. Also the new Iphone 4 on Verizon won't offer 4G network and might not have it available till the end of this year when the new version of the Iphone is available.

What's the dealio with this Moto Bionic?

if your are already an iphone user I would say give it a try, but if you have never had one, would wait awhile and see what the response is on people jumping on them right away. Just like everything these days, the first one to come out is always going to have issue... and then you are just left disappointed.

I was really looking forward to the jump, but then they roll it out with no SIM, 3G, and no data/voice at the same time. I travel out of the country so the SIM thing killed me. My brother was laughing at me when I said no data/voice, I had him on speaker while surfing the web, I think I would miss that a lot also. Now I have to wait, and w/ATT announcing 4G I might just stay with them.

Motorola Bionic

It'll be running on 4G if its available in your area but there have been rumors that there is an unfixable flaw where it overheats but Motor has denied that rumor.

My ex girlfriend works at Verizon and told me to get the HTC Thunderbolt over the iPhone 4 and Motorola Bionic.

I'm in the waiting process to see how much the 4G will cost and if that price will affect people not located in a 4G area.

Motorola Bionic

motorola-droid-bionic-1294332936-316.jpg

HTC Thunderbolt

171-HTC-Thunderbolt-Droid-Life.jpg

htc_thunder_thunder_thunderbolt_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Motorola Bionic

It'll be running on 4G if its available in your area but there have been rumors that there is an unfixable flaw where it overheats but Motor has denied that rumor.

My ex girlfriend works at Verizon and told me to get the HTC Thunderbolt over the iPhone 4 and Motorola Bionic.

I'm in the waiting process to see how much the 4G will cost and if that price will affect people not located in a 4G area.

Motorola Bionic

motorola-droid-bionic-1294332936-316.jpg

HTC Thunderbolt

171-HTC-Thunderbolt-Droid-Life.jpg

htc_thunder_thunder_thunderbolt_2.jpg

We could be years away for 4G in this area Jock, I heard that At&t just got 3G in Sioux City... I think when the larger markets get 4G, they start upgrading the smaller ones to 3G.

We could be years away for 4G in this area Jock, I heard that At&t just got 3G in Sioux City... I think when the larger markets get 4G, they start upgrading the smaller ones to 3G.

Ya I knew that was going to happen with the 4G but sounds like if you do buy a 4G phone you'll have to pay the 4G price even if you don't have 4G in your area.

My wife is available for an upgrade this May and she wants a Droid 2 because it has a keyboard but I told her that the Droid 3, Droid X2 (code name Daytona), and Droid Incredible are rumored to be coming out in May and to hold off for the Droid 3.

I played with the iPhone 4 last night and have mixed feelings about it. It felt like a solid phone and the screen picture was pretty bright but I'm not a fan of the layout. The 3.5" screen still bugs the crap outta me and really anything under 4" is just to small for me....god that sounded gay lol. The only thing that the iPhone has over the Android market is the Netflix app which in reality Android will be getting it here shortly and plus how often would I be using that app outside the house? My buddy told me if he dropped his iPhone 4 and it shattered that he'd have to cough up $200 to get if fixed compared to $89 for an Android phone which is a big factor to consider since I drop my phones all the time even when my phone has a protective case.

There are rumors going around that the iPhone 5 will be out this June for both AT&T and Verizon but also an iPhone Nano that will be smaller than the iPhone 4 will be available sometime this summer quite possibly the same time when the iPhone 5 rolls out.

All in all I'll be taking my time and picking out the right phone for me during this summer. I'm leaning toward the Droid X2 right now because it sounds like it'll be a 3G phone with a dual core processor but waiting to see if the iPhone 5 will have a bigger screen, faster than the iPhone 4, and if the rumors are right about it coming out in June I may be leaning toward the iPhone 5.