Milt Tenopir on the zone read

ADS

If Bo Pelini and Tom Osborne are trying to figure out how to move the ball in the Big Ten, they might want to phone a friend.

Milt Tenopir, one of the chief engineers behind Nebraska’s dominant “Pipeline” offensive lines of yesteryear, said he doesn’t want to criticize the Huskers and has no desire to coach again.

OWH Link

It's OK. We brought Milt in last summer to mentor the coaches already. We're going to have the best blocking O Line in America in 2010.

Too bad Barney didn't make the time to meet with him and blew him off.

I always had a hunch that the Barnstache was kind of a jerk...

It's OK. We brought Milt in last summer to mentor the coaches already. We're going to have the best blocking O Line in America in 2010.

He's a good recruiter but very arrogant in the fact that he knows more than anyone else when it comes to blocking schemes and technique. You can't tell me you can't learn at least one thing from any coach that had done your same job. Even a guy in year 1 might know something you didn't or had forgotten that was important. I would guess Milt has forgotten more than Barney will ever know.

He's a good recruiter but very arrogant in the fact that he knows more than anyone else when it comes to blocking schemes and technique. You can't tell me you can't learn at least one thing from any coach that had done your same job. Even a guy in year 1 might know something you didn't or had forgotten that was important. I would guess Milt has forgotten more than Barney will ever know.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, didn't he coach Cotton at Nebraska?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, didn't he coach Cotton at Nebraska?

He played for Milt for two season before he was moved to defensive tackle before his junior season.

Cotton Bio

So he's saying that as "mulitple" as watsgrove thinks we are, one person gets hurt and our whole offense goes to the crapper.

He's also saying that he's not going to be critical in public, which means he could be critical because he knows what he sees is in need of critique.