NU-TTech

Would you look at that? Huskerboard has begun making early BBall game threads.

That alone should say something about the direction of the program, or at least, the season. I can't believe I can say this, but it's a good time to be a Husker Hoops backer.

Times are a changing. Honestly I really dont follow husker basketball till after bowl season, partly because of crappy non conference schedule. Also I find it really hard to focus on 2 sports at once. More importantly for the first time in a long time I REALLY want to go a husker basketball game, I guess Im starting to believe in Doc.

If the huskers win on saturday versus TTech, Devaney will be rockin versus A&M the following week.

If this was the first road game of the year I would be a little nervous but since we have already played at KU and Mizzou, arguably the 2 hardest places to play in the Big 12, I feel pretty confident. T Tech has underachieved this year and might come out and surprise us early but I fully expect to win this game because of our leadership and pickup our first road vicory in the Big 12 for the first time in 2 years.

C'mon Huskers!!! Is it just me, or has Almeida really started to come into his own the last couple of games? I'd love to see him continue to make progress...he could be a real handful down in the post once he fully rounds back into shape, and it seems like he's getting closer and closer to that point. Love to see Brandon Richardson have a big game today too, seems like he's been pretty quiet this year. Is he still having back problems?

Looking at the OWH, I don't think we're gonna get the game here in Omaha, so I guess it'll be ESPN3 time. I wanna see something like this happen today...or, at least, I want Pat to be just as upset at the end of today's game as he was at the end of this one:

If this was the first road game of the year I would be a little nervous but since we have already played at KU and Mizzou, arguably the 2 hardest places to play in the Big 12, I feel pretty confident. T Tech has underachieved this year and might come out and surprise us early but I fully expect to win this game because of our leadership and pickup our first road vicory in the Big 12 for the first time in 2 years.

This is a huge understatement. Tech had four starters returning from last years team, and has done nothing but play inconsistantly and poorly. Pat Knight has said multiple times that he is baffled and now has to find himself on the hot seat. Mike Singletary is a hell of a player, he could challenge the Huskers today. They continue to play team defense and know where Singletary and the other shooters are they should come out on top. The bigs especially you DIAZ, should play large today. Rob Lewandowski is a decent 6-11 big guy(think a little taller Brandon Ubel) but Diaz and Almieda should have their way.

Honestly the biggest thing NU has to overcome is playing a game in a morgue like atmosphere. I think this game is closer than a lot of fans think.

Tech coming out swining much like I had though. Poor defensive movement early which should be a quick fix. Diaz looked VERY lethargic early. Not even trying to get set in good position. Almieda could have a breakout game if he plays like he has in his first couple trip down the floor the rest of the night.

Had some good looks early just haven't made the shots.